Author Topic: Wasn't Aminu suppose to sign with the Celts last offseason?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He has looked nothing but impressive.    I wonder why the Celtics didn't end up signing him last offseason. 

On a side note, the blazers have done a very good job the last few seasons in the draft.  Crabbe (2nd round pick) is the player we were hoping James Young would become.  Very "sure" shooter.

MCcollum has been a nice pickup.   I was hoping the Celts would draft him. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:43:07 AM by triboy16f »

Re: Wasn't Aminu suppose to sign with the Celts last offseason?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 11:02:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Aminu would be awesome on the Celts. I dunno if anybody was in the mix to pay him to start like the Blazers were though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 11:24:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Portland made Aminu their top priority last offseason, and he was off the market quickly.  The Blazers GM had come from New Orleans, and was able to use their existing relationship to close the deal before any other team got to talk to him.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Portland made Aminu their top priority last offseason, and he was off the market quickly.  The Blazers GM had come from New Orleans, and was able to use their existing relationship to close the deal before any other team got to talk to him.

I think Olshey knew him from LA actually.  Olshey drafted him when he was Clips GM.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 11:46:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think Olshey knew him from LA actually.  Olshey drafted him when he was Clips GM.

That's right.  I knew there was a connection with Aminu -- just forgot what it was, and too lazy to look it up, so I assumed New Orleans.  TP for the correction.