Author Topic: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19  (Read 31350 times)

Re: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2019, 10:36:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kyrie never allows anyone but him to close...so no one knows how to close but him.
I was wondering how Kyrie would be to blame for a 12 point 3rd quarter
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Lol Brad should be on the hot seat. Complete failure of a coach this year. Need a more veteran coach who isn't so soft and worried about upsetting guys who aren't performing.

No offensive discipline by any of our players. No semblance of a gameplan other than chuck up threes any chance you get. And no sense of urgency to play with energy for a full 48 minutes.

Just a joke of a year.

The shine has definitely worn off our supposed 'wonderboy' coach.

he does not or can not adjust. he allows us to come out flat eveery 3rd quarter

UNACCEPTABLE great coaches do not allow this.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:28 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Back to 5th where we belong

« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
These guys are lucky this is in the USA. They are only booed. If this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. happened here in Brazil, they would have to leave the court with umbrellas, cause spit, p---, rocks would be flying their way.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
"Alright, guys. So for our offensive plan in the second half, let's shove our heads up our asses and see how quickly it takes the Clips to embarrass us on our home floor."

There's just no offensive discipline whatsoever with this team, because to be honest I'm not sure that they respect Brad. He doesn't hold them accountable, so they do whatever the hell they want out there.

It sure doesn't look like we are running offensive actions most of the time....

« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Congratulations to Liam and all those that carried him to 1000 TPs.

Thanks, on to Philly!

Sit through that you may make it to 2000 TPs

« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Silver lining?? Could this bring us a buy out candidate?

« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2019, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How anyone can ignore the this team's front runner mentality and completely lack of effort in games like this is beyond me.

Ainge seriously needs to consider finding a new coach of Brad can no longer get through to these guys.  Poor effort is a direct indictment of poor coaching.

TP. People don't want to admit the obvious problem is Brad and the coaching staff simply not getting through to the guys, likely because before this year he was thought of as a major advantage for us. The coaching staff just doesn't have the tough character needed to manage this level of talent and take the team to the next level.

Seriously, how many games is this team going to lose to clearly inferior opponents before people stop brushing this aside?

« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:40 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Well guys, time to get ready to get steamrolled by the newly constructed 76ers in Philadelphia next game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
"Alright, guys. So for our offensive plan in the second half, let's shove our heads up our asses and see how quickly it takes the Clips to embarrass us on our home floor."

There's just no offensive discipline whatsoever with this team, because to be honest I'm not sure that they respect Brad. He doesn't hold them accountable, so they do whatever the hell they want out there.

I have to agree man. I don't think this guys respect Brad. He seems tô passive and soft. I think this team needs a coach who played the game. The hard time is finding one that is good
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
How anyone can ignore the this team's front runner mentality and completely lack of effort in games like this is beyond me.

Ainge seriously needs to consider finding a new coach of Brad can no longer get through to these guys.  Poor effort is a direct indictment of poor coaching.

TP. People don't want to admit the obvious problem is Brad and the coaching staff simply not getting through to the guys, likely because before this year he was thought of as a major advantage for us. The coaching staff just doesn't have the tough character needed to manage this level of talent and take the team to the next level.

He's not the obvious problem. That's why we don't want to admit it. It's not about a lovefest for Stevens. It's about an unwillingness to mobstorm the garden and demand Stevens be fired, largely because we see other more glaring issues than Brad Stevens.

Direct your impotent criticisms elsewhere. Before focusing your rage on one thing, realize you are oversimplifying the issue and trying to make Stevens the sacrificial scapegoat.

« Reply #386 on: February 09, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2921
Stevens post game: the better team won....

More like the better coach won, because Brad is simply incapable of doing anything to get this team where it needs to be.

And I suppose he was a great coach in the first half? Man, you get on this hobby-horse whenever we lose a game. It's really frustrating watching these guys lose, but there are a ton of reasons why it happened.

Irving's injury.
Horford's ineffectiveness.
Rozier's inability to run an offense.
Hayward's inconsistency.
Terrible communication on defense.

A coach can only do so much. When fans see their team melting down, especially fans with a bit of knowledge about the game, they hone all of their focus onto one scapegoat.

How many timeouts can Brad call? How many subs can he try? At some point these grown men need to motivate themselves.

First, you're wrong - I push this narrative in both wins and losses.  ;) I've long thought Brad is not the right coach to get us where we need to go.

But that's the entire point - they aren't consistent at all. They continuously fall back into bad habits, because there's absolutely no discipline with this team, which is on the coaching staff.

I also think you're blaming the wrong people. Not being motivated to give effort for 48 minutes and not having any offensive discipline to stick to the game plan for the entire game is a direct failure of the coaching staff to establish that culture, not the guys. That's, like, the coaches' primary purpose - to manage the talent and keep the guys consistent and motivated throughout the season.

Our entitled character is pretty clear this year and has been since the preseason, and it hasn't gotten any better all season long. The fact that Brad has yet to be able to get these guys to do this simple thing is a pretty striking indictment on his failures as a coach this year.

« Reply #387 on: February 09, 2019, 10:42:49 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Seriously, how many games is this team going to lose to clearly inferior opponents before people stop brushing this aside?

well? HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE NOT PLAYED 48?

HOW MANY HAVE WE COME OUT FLAT 3rd quarter?

HOW MANY HAVE WE REFUSED TO ADJUST?

it is never ending

100% on coaching. you DO NOT keep making those mistakes. coaches would not allow it therefore it is not the players

it is the coaches because they keep allowing this insanity!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #388 on: February 09, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Congratulations to Liam and all those that carried him to 1000 TPs.

Thanks, on to Philly!

Sit through that you may make it to 2000 TPs

lol TP

PEOPLE I live in LA. So I have to deal with back back Celtic losses to Lakers and Clippers. And to two Rondo and the old coach? Sheesh.

« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

I have to agree man. I don't think this guys respect Brad. He seems tô passive and soft. I think this team needs a coach who played the game. The hard time is finding one that is good

they dont

i have said this for ages now
LET'S GO CELTICS!