Poll

After all the moves, do you trust him to make any moves in the future?

Yes!
59 (92.2%)
No, he's horrible!
2 (3.1%)
I don't know.
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Do you trust Ainge now?  (Read 9612 times)

Re: Do you trust Ainge now?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 11:16:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Let's remember....Ainge was the guy that woulda drafted Durant over Oden. Right?

So I expect him to find the best player in this draft no matter what.

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
How is this even a question.  Ainge is on his way to legendary status.  Arguably the best GM today.  Not really sure what more people want from him?
I want him to get it right. Like almost all the time. No more KOs over Giannis. No more players out of the league in a few years (with DeAndre Jordan on the board).
Measured against perfection, everybody fails.  Lots of people missed on the two examples you cited.
These weren't exactly tough unforeseeable decisions.
LOL.  Then why did Jordan go in the second round?  And giannas where he did.  Get out of here with that junk.

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 11:18:03 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
eja, you're the one who likes the star wars prequels, right?

;D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 11:19:22 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
How is this even a question.  Ainge is on his way to legendary status.  Arguably the best GM today.  Not really sure what more people want from him?
I want him to get it right. Like almost all the time. No more KOs over Giannis. No more players out of the league in a few years (with DeAndre Jordan on the board).
Measured against perfection, everybody fails.  Lots of people missed on the two examples you cited.
These weren't exactly tough unforeseeable decisions.

The other 15+ GM's in the league who also passed on those guys might disagree with you.

Look at Brandon Ingram and Dragan Bender.  How many people were so utterly convinced those guys would be rookie of the year contenders?  They haven't yet even proven they are top 10 worthy.

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 11:19:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

;D
They were better. Light sabers and tons of competent troopers. Not Princess Leia being a nag.

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I trust him in trades. Justise Winslow rumor not withstanding.

But drafting.... if a combo guard who can't shoot or an undersized power forward impresses him in workouts, then guys I DON'T KNOW.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

;D
They were better. Light sabers and tons of competent troopers. Not Princess Leia being a nag.
i'm just joshin'

the light saber duels were definitely killer in the prequels
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 11:21:03 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Anyway my answer to the initial question is - to a degree.

I honestly believe Ainge largely lucked out on that Brooklyn trade (he's pretty much admitted as much himself) - and without that trade a large portion of this amazing position wouldn't exist.

But you still need to give him credit for making the Isaiah Thomas trade and the Crowder trade because, lets be honest, nobody on earth envisioned those guys would become as valuable as they have.

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2017, 11:21:32 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

But drafting.... if a combo guard who can't shoot or an undersized power forward impresses him in workouts, then guys I DON'T KNOW.

LOL so true

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

;D
i'm just joshin'

I also like the Harry Potter movies more than the Fantastic Beast movie and the LOTR more than the Hobbit movies. Not sure where you all stand on that.

Also...I don't care what anyone says....the Departed over the Godfather.....AND Godfather 3 is badly underrated...but I still won't watch it

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2017, 11:26:04 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

;D
i'm just joshin'

I also like the Harry Potter movies more than the Fantastic Beast movie and the LOTR more than the Hobbit movies. Not sure where you all stand on that.

Also...I don't care what anyone says....the Departed over the Godfather.....AND Godfather 3 is badly underrated...but I still won't watch it
i just keep that mediocre movie "celtic pride" in my beta max on repeat non stop
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2017, 11:45:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

LOL so true
I know. Look at the tweener zizic. Talk about being undersized! And yabusele we know can't shoot a lick.

Give it rest guys. hose narratives are really dated.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2017, 11:50:19 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
We now have the means to chase after an Anthony Davis level big.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2017, 11:51:04 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I've had complete faith in him just about ever since he took over his position and yes I still have a lot of faith in him even when my gut tells me he should have done something differently.  I think he knows better than I do.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

LOL so true
I know. Look at the tweener zizic. Talk about being undersized! And yabusele we know can't shoot a lick.

Give it rest guys. hose narratives are really dated.

Yab is an undersized power forward, though. *Kanye shrug*
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman