Poll

After all the moves, do you trust him to make any moves in the future?

Yes!
59 (92.2%)
No, he's horrible!
2 (3.1%)
I don't know.
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Do you trust Ainge now?  (Read 9611 times)

Do you trust Ainge now?
« on: May 16, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Coming late from work, and saw the text about Ainge finally getting the first pick. And boy, oh boy, that's astounding!

As some users have said previously on this board:

1) Isaiah Thomas has finally stepped it up as a superstar.

2) Ainge made the hard heated deal to trade away KG and Pierce, but in return, acquired the first round pick.

3) Made the Eastern Conference Finals.

4) 1st seed, with home court advantage, with a thunderous crowd that storms and banter these HEAVY SEAS!

5) Brad Stevens emergence, and redemption at his playoff woes lol. (I think its a tad bit unfair, considering how many times we have faced CLE.)

6) Boatload of assets, and road ways to different possible outcomes and moves to create. Signing an free agent would maximize our assets!

So with of that being said, do you trust Ainge now? What are your thoughts, or how would you describe how you feel about him?

Or for a thought, what decisions would you like to tell him to look at, or possibly try? ;)  ;D
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Do you trust Ainge now?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Coming late from work, and saw the text about Ainge finally getting the first pick. And boy, oh boy, that's astounding!

2) Ainge made the hard heated deal to trade away KG and Pierce, but in return, acquired the first round pick.

4) 1st seed, with home court advantage, with a thunderous crowd that storms and banter these HEAVY SEAS!

5) Brad Stevens emergence, and redemption at his playoff woes lol. (I think its a tad bit unfair, considering how many times we have faced CLE.)

6) Boatload of assets, and road ways to different possible outcomes and moves to create. Signing an free agent would maximize our assets!

So with of that being said, do you trust Ainge now? What are your thoughts, or how would you describe how you feel about him?

Or for a thought, what decisions would you like to tell him to look at, or possibly try? ;)  ;D

genius... but it will all go down the drain if the Celts can't win another championship in the near future

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I always have had faith in ainge. And also CBS.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

genius... but it will all go down the drain if the Celts can't win another championship in the near future

I want more than a championship, Triboy. We want another dynasty. That is what Ainge is trying to build.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
I always trust Ainge with his decision although its quite painful to swallow in hindsight.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
hard call .....sure he will explore trades and listen to offers galore

i d like to take Fultz and package several other guys like AB for a trade .  But who knows , he might fall in love with tatum ...a CBS type guy.....

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 10:11:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I can't say I really want him drafting

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
TP

As one of the steadfast Ainge supporters around here, the last couple of years have been some sweet, sweet vindication. It almost couldn't be scripted any better.

When people moaned about not making a splash last offeason, I said Ainge was making the right moves. It turned out that the ask on many players was grossly too high.

When Ainge selected Jaylen Brown, there were few of us who supported the pick. Now everyone is seeing the potential of this kid 3-5 years down the road.

When so many cried at this trade deadline, a few of us defenders again said that the pick was too valuable to let go. Now we're in a catbird's seat that has only been experienced by the 77 Trail Blazers and the 81 Lakers - teams who finished 1st in their conference and who had the #1 overall pick.

Yeah, Ainge isn't perfect....but few could turn around a team from an aging core with no future to a ECF-finals team loaded with top 10 picks. Ainge did, case closed. In Danny We Trust.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Ainge is a top 5 GM. Never understood why he gets bashed like he does. Show me a perfect GM. Bet you can't.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ainge is a top 5 GM. Never understood why he gets bashed like he does. Show me a perfect GM. Bet you can't.
Whoever was running the Spurs for like 20 years

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I can't say I really want him drafting

Ainge would literally have to be an genius, or brain dead if he somehow botches drafting a first round pick.

Regardless, I trust his judgment, although I feel like Ainge has a certain feel for what players he likes. But don't get me wrong, Ainge loves ballers. Players. The question is if they ever learn how to shoot like him lol.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 10:16:55 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
After Red, Danny is easily the best Celtic GM ever. Red never chose a good GM successor. That guy from Providence sucked. Also the kid who traded Ainge for a pu pu platter. And then there was  Gaston's cheerleader,  followed by the Rickster.  I only wish Larry could have bought the team, but Gaston hated him. Or Bird hated Gaston--which is more appropriate.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I definitely trust Ainge to realize the way you maximize your trade value is you showcase your young guys in the summer league.

Let them crush it and theeeenn  you make phone calls. With Yab land Jaylen looking like men among boys it might be a little easier

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 10:33:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
TP

As one of the steadfast Ainge supporters around here, the last couple of years have been some sweet, sweet vindication. It almost couldn't be scripted any better.

When people moaned about not making a splash last offeason, I said Ainge was making the right moves. It turned out that the ask on many players was grossly too high.

When Ainge selected Jaylen Brown, there were few of us who supported the pick. Now everyone is seeing the potential of this kid 3-5 years down the road.

When so many cried at this trade deadline, a few of us defenders again said that the pick was too valuable to let go. Now we're in a catbird's seat that has only been experienced by the 77 Trail Blazers and the 81 Lakers - teams who finished 1st in their conference and who had the #1 overall pick.

Yeah, Ainge isn't perfect....but few could turn around a team from an aging core with no future to a ECF-finals team loaded with top 10 picks. Ainge did, case closed. In Danny We Trust.

TP, back at ya.

Was a little disappointed at the Jaylen Brown pick, but warmed up after some research. He's going to be an awesome player in the NBA.

In Danny, we trust!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 10:34:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So if Ainge got the 4th pick tonight (the most likely scenario) and the Cavs sweep us do we trust him a whole lot then?

Just curious how this all works.