Author Topic: Report: Lakers concerned about Lebrons health  (Read 7541 times)

Re: Report: Lakers concerned about Lebrons health
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think there's a discussion to be had, lol. My bad I guess ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 07:27:17 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I think there's a discussion to be had, lol. My bad I guess ::)

Any discussion like this usually ends up in me typing something like:

"Yeah, Gouki88..(shrugging shoulders).....I guess you're right."

"I'm going to agree with you and anyone else here that LeBron James is doing (and HAS been doing) Performance Enhancing Drugs."

"His entire life has been a sham."

"He is a disgrace to people who've looked up to him."

Such will NOT be his narrative.....

All I've asked for with these discussion is CREDIBLE proof. You'd think that in today's climate that ANYONE of his stature and accomplishments would've been caught or busted a LONG time ago for doing something illegal.

Please show me a credible link, sources (sauces?) or any proof - rather than making innuendos about him physically.

It can be construed as.....................................................................................

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 07:49:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
All I've asked for with these discussion is CREDIBLE proof. You'd think that in today's climate that ANYONE of his stature and accomplishments would've been caught or busted a LONG time ago for doing something illegal.

I don’t now. Did Barry Bonds ever fail a test? Without the government spending millions of dollars investigating him, would we have anything more than suspicions? How many years was A-rod in the league before he was caught?

Without pointing fingers at any player in particular, I find it extremely suspicious that less than a handful of guys in the NBA have used. Rashard Lewis, Turkuglu and ... ?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 08:10:28 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I don’t now. Did Barry Bonds ever fail a test? Without the government spending millions of dollars investigating him, would we have anything more than suspicions? How many years was A-rod in the league before he was caught?

Without pointing fingers at any player in particular, I find it extremely suspicious that less than a handful of guys in the NBA have used. Rashard Lewis, Turkuglu and ... ?
Precisely. Pro athletes are so far ahead of league testing it isn't even funny. I don't think LeBron is even close to being alone, and I'd be either blind or moronic to deny he's not one of the most gifted athletes of all time. I can still suspect him, and others, of using PEDs without having any blood samples myself.

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Precisely. Pro athletes are so far ahead of league testing it isn't even funny. I don't think LeBron is even close to being alone, and I'd be either blind or moronic to deny he's not one of the most gifted athletes of all time. I can still suspect him, and others, of using PEDs without having any blood samples myself.

I can suspect that all MAGA-Hat wearing folks are one way or the other, too - without proof.

That would be wrong, too - right?

See where I'm going with this?

I can make a Most-of-the-time foolish assumption and stereotype of ALL MAGAs based off of what I've SEEN...ANYONE wearing those RED HATS....

I've even MET a few of them. Fine people. I did not ask them for a blood sample, either.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:52:07 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 09:03:27 AM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152

I can suspect that all MAGA-Hat wearing folks are one way or the other, too - without proof.

I can make a Most-of-the-time foolish assumption and stereotype of ALL MAGAs based off of what I've SEEN...ANYONE wearing those RED HATS....

I've even MET a few of them. Fine people. I did not ask them for a blood sample, either.

You’re going a little too far, my man. It’s absolutelt acceptable that people will speculate about PEDs and greatness. It’s not only topical buts it’s been occurring in reality.

Your defense is equally as baseless as the speculation that it is happening. You’ve got zero proof he has not taken steroids, so chill out.

Personally, I don’t know one way or the other, I couldn’t really care les. He isn’t the goat but he is great.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

You’re going a little too far, my man. It’s absolutelt acceptable that people will speculate about PEDs and greatness. It’s not only topical buts it’s been occurring in reality.

Your defense is equally as baseless as the speculation that it is happening. You’ve got zero proof he has not taken steroids, so chill out.

Personally, I don’t know one way or the other, I couldn’t really care les. He isn’t the goat but he is great.

No, I'm not.

I'm making an assumption (unfair one, at that) on someone wearing a MAGA hat. A "PHYSICAL" characteristic.

There are assumptions here in this thread about LeBron James' PED use - a "PHYSICAL" characteristic.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 09:27:10 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

No, I'm not.

I'm making an assumption (unfair one, at that) on someone wearing a MAGA hat. A "PHYSICAL" characteristic.

There are assumptions here in this thread about LeBron James' PED use - a "PHYSICAL" characteristic.
What a gratuitous false equivalence.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 09:31:05 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I'm simply shocked this news making the Lakers not look great didn't come out until after the trade deadline.  Simply.  Shocked. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

There is credible proof with Bonds though, including his attorney telling a jury that Bonds admitted using during his playing days (he just thought it was flaxseed oil - I'm sure you remember that nonsense).  And baseball didn't test for steroids for years and years.  It wasn't even really "illegal" until the player's union signed off on it long after many of those players (including Bonds and ARod) were in the league for years.  So how could they test positive when the sport wasn't even testing for it?

People will always be keyboard warriors on these sorts of things.  I mean imagine what some of the earlier time periods would have looked like in the internet/social media era.  No great player would have ever gone without suspicion, but the reality is, without any sort of even credible leads, GreenFaith is right, these types of threads make this board look incredibly small and petty
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 09:46:08 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

No, I'm not.

What a gratuitous false equivalence.

How?

Both are PHYSICAL characteristics.

Call me hard-headed, foolish, whatever------------I just don't go along with the crowd and follow crazy, unfounded rumors/assumptions without proof.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 09:48:29 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I’m curious to know if these same people claiming LeBron has been using PED’s, also believe Tom Brady is clean. If someone told me one of these players is clean and one is dirty, I would bet Brady is the PED user. I think the whole TB12 method is a front to throw everyone off.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I don't know what LeBron's health is, but I do know what his age is. And father time is undefeated.

LeBron at 75% of his max is still a useful NBA player, but he's not an MVP candidate anymore or anything close. Does Davis want to tie his prime years to a player who is going to start to decline - and who might have an injury and fade very quickly? I doubt it. Not if he wants to win, anyway.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I’m curious to know if these same people claiming LeBron has been using PED’s, also believe Tom Brady is clean. If someone told me one of these players is clean and one is dirty, I would bet Brady is the PED user. I think the whole TB12 method is a front to throw everyone off.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:15 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I have to wonder what %age of professional athletes in the major sports are using. The incentives are huge. For most pro athletes, the difference in natural talent among the players is pretty small. If your competition can train harder or recover faster, they get an edge that can make the difference between winning and losing a roster spot. What you hear from athletes who used PEDs is exactly that: they were losing to guys who knew were using, and they had to choose between using or falling out of the pros. So they used.

Cycling and football probably carry more risk; cycling is so endurance-dependent, and football for raw strength. But it's not hard to see how boosting strength, training intensity, and endurance would give an NBA player an edge as well. How do you beat guys who are using, if you are clean? And if you are losing, what do you do?