Author Topic: How do they determine 2nd round schedule?  (Read 1459 times)

How do they determine 2nd round schedule?
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:13 AM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
I have been wondering if the Celtics advance to the 2nd round, when will they play.  I know that it depends on the Cavs Bulls, but in 2008 the Celtics went 7 games so many times there was no long lay-offs.  But if both the Cavs and the Celtics sweep will there be a long lay-off or will they start the second round series with the Cavs on Tues or Wed, when they would have played a game 5.

Re: How do they determine 2nd round schedule?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I have been wondering if the Celtics advance to the 2nd round, when will they play.  I know that it depends on the Cavs Bulls, but in 2008 the Celtics went 7 games so many times there was no long lay-offs.  But if both the Cavs and the Celtics sweep will there be a long lay-off or will they start the second round series with the Cavs on Tues or Wed, when they would have played a game 5.

No they don't, there is a long layoff, but don't worry about the second round we still have to win two more against the Heat!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Interested in this too. However, my motives are selfish since I'll be in Boston for a weekend in mid-May and I'm hoping to see us play the Cavs.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm pretty sure IF both teams were to sweep, they'd push the series start back to the next weekend.  Scheduling for the first two rounds is usually geared toward having Games 1,4,7 on weekends (when ABC shows games). 

Long way to go to get to that point though.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I hope our guys arent thinking about Cleveland, we have a big game coming up which is going to be a big test for us on the road.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Unfortunately, they'll set the schedule to accommodate broadcasts rather than get the teams back into competing right away. 

Personally I'd prefer it if the league made it a point to get subsequent playoff rounds started within 2 days of the second team being determined for the playoff bracket.  3 days tops. Keeps the playoffs flowing and prevents player rust from setting in due to inactivity.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
All I have to say to this thread is...

BEAT MIAMI!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Unfortunately, they'll set the schedule to accommodate broadcasts rather than get the teams back into competing right away. 

Personally I'd prefer it if the league made it a point to get subsequent playoff rounds started within 2 days of the second team being determined for the playoff bracket.  3 days tops. Keeps the playoffs flowing and prevents player rust from setting in due to inactivity.

The long layoff in between would realy benifit us, but we still gotta get past Miami and not worry about the second round until we get two more wins against the Heat.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:53:11 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
All I have to say to this thread is...

BEAT MIAMI!
I'm with you RAcker.