Author Topic: If KG is suspended, who starts?  (Read 16166 times)

Re: If KG is suspended, who starts?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 02:39:58 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I think DOC should think outside the box and start Marquis Daniels to play him on Beasley. This gives the C's a quick lineup to create Turnovers and fast break opportunities.

Rondo is going to be the key to our team in this series no matter who gets KG's minutes.

Daniels isn't strong enough to defend 3's inside, let alone 4's.  That's not a very good idea.  Daniels is best offensively when he can post up smaller guards.  He wouldn't be able to do anything at all on the other end of the floor matched up with Beasley.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 05:15:12 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Scal-a-bree-neee ...clap---clap---  clap-clap-clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay...just kidding. :D
LOL TP!!
I think Sheed could give great advantage on the offensive end, I remember a game against the Heat where he took the game over downlow and killed B-Easy(I think).
But I would want to see Baby starting, that guy is a type you have to love watching
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Start TA and put him on Wade... Pierce bumps up to the 4 to cover Beasley...

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 08:00:28 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
go small ball - start pierce at the 4 and tony to contain wade and ray allen at the 2 - lets create our own match up problems.
rotate big men through the center position to play short hard minutes at defense and rebounding - they all have been stinking the joint up.  Sheed is lazy, don't know what Perk's problem is and while baby is good energy, he is small and has not low post game but still tries to force a low post game.  If he passed the ball out of the low post - he would have more value but its a constant turnover of the ball because he doesn't make the shot.

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Heyy, start Sheldon, show that we like rebounds.......sure, I know BBD did good last game, he did what sheldon always did, the only diff is that sheldon does it without passes, the only one that passes to sheldon is rondo..and no more sheldon has bad hands...only reply IF you watch the games....and see what is going on, not what you want to see. 12 points in 12 minutes vs San Antonio...a team with plenty of height and talent. But def start TA or MD to cover Wade, wear him out, that would be smart coaching, Wade is the key to Miami's offense, without him scoring, Miami=Detroit.....

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 08:50:34 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
BBD of course.  But also it doesn't really matter what we think.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Heyy, start Sheldon, show that we like rebounds.......sure, I know BBD did good last game, he did what sheldon always did, the only diff is that sheldon does it without passes, the only one that passes to sheldon is rondo..and no more sheldon has bad hands...only reply IF you watch the games....and see what is going on, not what you want to see. 12 points in 12 minutes vs San Antonio...a team with plenty of height and talent. But def start TA or MD to cover Wade, wear him out, that would be smart coaching, Wade is the key to Miami's offense, without him scoring, Miami=Detroit.....

Doc will never start Shelden. Baby is already grabbing rebounds.  I think Shelden will get some time in Tuesday's game though.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Doc is a coward - of course Rasheed will start!
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 09:12:19 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
If you're still wondering who's gonna start in KG place in game 2, you're wasting your time. The Celtics are coached by Doc Rivers, someone who "lost" this team a while ago and someone who didn't have the testicules to put Rasheed in his place during regular season, even when they had that verbal confrontation a few weeks ago. Doc is playing Rasheed.

In spite of being an awful basketball player right now, Rasheed earns a lot of money and Doc simply doesn't have the guts to limit his minutes.

Re: Doc is a coward - of course Rasheed will start!
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I really hate this coward stuff.  Just because you don't agree with his decisions does not make him a coward. 

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If he's such a coward, why did Rasheed only play 14 minutes in Game 1? All while backing up Perkins, and not KG. Then BBD was playing C down the stretch instead of Perkins.

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I really hate this coward stuff.  Just because you don't agree with his decisions does not make him a coward.  

TP, Chris ... while I don't always agree with Doc, calling him a coward for making relevant, (and tough), decisions does not remotely make him a coward ... or anything approaching it. Let's try our best to support this team during a rough period ... coaching staff and all.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I really hate this coward stuff.  Just because you don't agree with his decisions does not make him a coward. 

TP, Chris ... while I don't always agree with Doc, calling him a coward for making relevant, (and tough), decisions does not remotely make him a coward ... or anything approaching it. Let's do our best to support this team ... coaching staff and all.

Yup
Yup

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 09:18:15 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84

I understand. Just remember this post when Rasheed gets blown by Udonis Haslem and ends up with a 1-7 3pt boxscore...

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Didn't Rasheed only play 14 minutes in Game 1? Only Finley (6) and Robinson (one play) had less playing time. I question if you actually watched the game.

I suppose you'd think if Doc wasn't a "coward", he'd start BBD, but didn't BBD rant off to Doc, too? Should Doc start Shelden to show both of them up? ::)

I like the idea of BBD and TA giving the Celtics' energy in the 2nd quarter when they'll need it. Sheed needs touches in the paint to get going anyways, though. He didn't get that many in Game 1; he only took one shot, and it was an And 1.

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
If you're still wondering who's gonna start in KG place in game 2, you're wasting your time. The Celtics are coached by Doc Rivers, someone who "lost" this team a while ago and someone who didn't have the testicules to put Rasheed in his place during regular season, even when they had that verbal confrontation a few weeks ago. Doc is playing Rasheed.

In spite of being an awful basketball player right now, Rasheed earns a lot of money and Doc simply doesn't have the guts to limit his minutes.

This reminds me of certain bloggers opinion with regard to Doc and his cowtowing to Rasheed this season.  I didn't give that any credence either but, to your point has this been actually released who is replacing KG?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10