Author Topic: If Kobe = Championship for C's...Would you want him?  (Read 10155 times)

Re: If Kobe = Championship for C's...Would you want him?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 06:45:08 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It's like saying "Would you want a rapist for a friend?" The answer is obvious. The day the Snake retires, I shall whip out a huge cigar, light it and think of Red.

Hmmm....I'm glad you were at his trial, ACF. I'm sure he wouldn't want a gossip flame thrower for a friend, either. If it wasn't a money hunt, there'd have been a trial.

The woman didn't want her personal life laid (no pun intended) all out in court. Who can blame her? Yeah, she slept around. As far as I know, it's still possible for people who sleep around to get raped. Kobe's a terrible waste of human life.

I didn't realize there were witnesses.  She didn't want her personal life "laid out in court" but had the deep integrity and character to fleece Bryant publicly.  

We'll never know the truth because he bought the victim's silence....just like he saved his marriage with a $4 million ring. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent...but to assume that someone is not guilty because of the absence of any witnesses makes no sense to me. Innocent people don't hush up their accuser by means of $$...just sayin'.
Bottom line is we don't know. People have expressed the 2 most popular opinions, but there is no way to resolve this no matter how long people argue about it.

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
It's like saying "Would you want a rapist for a friend?" The answer is obvious. The day the Snake retires, I shall whip out a huge cigar, light it and think of Red.

Hmmm....I'm glad you were at his trial, ACF. I'm sure he wouldn't want a gossip flame thrower for a friend, either. If it wasn't a money hunt, there'd have been a trial.

The woman didn't want her personal life laid (no pun intended) all out in court. Who can blame her? Yeah, she slept around. As far as I know, it's still possible for people who sleep around to get raped. Kobe's a terrible waste of human life.

So, as far as you know, he did it.....  

Stranger things have happened (see Simpson, O.J.).

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
We'll never know the truth because he bought the victim's silence....just like he saved his marriage with a $4 million ring. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent...but to assume that someone is not guilty because of the absence of any witnesses makes no sense to me. Innocent people don't hush up their accuser by means of $$...just sayin'.

.........And people of character would follow through with charges if they were legit.... Instead of taking Bryant's "hush money".....Just sayin'....

My opinion has nothing to do with the absence of witnesses. 

I'd take Bryant on my team anytime.

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
.........And people of character would follow through with charges if they were legit.... Instead of taking Bryant's "hush money".....Just sayin'....
My opinion has nothing to do with the absence of witnesses. 

"Bryant stated he should have done what Shaq does. Bryant stated that Shaq would pay his women not to say anything. He stated Shaq has paid up to a million dollars already for situations like this."

Throwing your team mate under the bus while being questioned by the cops is really classy...Yeah, that speaks highly of his character.

BTW, he issued the following statement through his attorney, as part of an agreement with the accuser to dismiss the sexual assault charge:
First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.
I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter....

I guess you don't need to defend him anymore...he admits that he was wrong.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Kobe in green? It will be hard because I'll have to vomit after every game.

In short, no Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing way.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

In short, no ****ing way.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/02/kobe-bryant-signs-3-year-extension-with-lakers/

^no worries, it seems that Ron Arest, Kobe and Gasol are the Lakers version of the Big 3 now that it is certain that Kobe is going to stay in LA...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 09:13:46 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Not a huge fan of ferret lips. There are a couple of players in the league I like better.

I wouldn't even order Kobe beef (which is just a marketing term designed to make suckers pay more for burgers and steaks).

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 12:57:22 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

In short, no ****ing way.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/02/kobe-bryant-signs-3-year-extension-with-lakers/
Think of how many more shush rings Kobe can buy for his wife with this extension ;)

The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2010, 01:43:41 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I absolutely do not want any reason to cheer this guy on.

This is the same guy that helped the lakers win 4 rings.

No.

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2010, 02:36:42 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
No - anymore than i could have handled wilt, kareem, debuscher or bradley, isiah, loyd free, moses, isiah, laimbeer, worthy or even magic.

paul silas and then larry bird looked at our opponents the same way - they are the enemy. bird didn't go for all the chatter and back-slapping with the other team and silas,cowens & co. had an unwritten rule against ever helping an opponent back to his feet after he was knocked down.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 02:55:43 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
The Celtics are all about winning Championships. If Kobe equals Championship, of course you would have him on the team.

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2010, 05:56:33 AM »

Offline anotherbanner

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Yes - I don't hate Kobe nearly as much as I used to, I don't know if he's even in my Top 3 most hated Lakers (let's see, Vujacic, Odom...it's a horse race for third between Kobe, Fisher, and Adam Morrison's trash-stache).  You know he'll bring effort and intensity every night, and that he'll make the team better.

Plus, losing Kobe and then seeing him win a title with the C's is just about a worst-case scenario for Lakers fans, so there's that.

Odom? Oh, you mean Lamar Kardashian?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:41:44 AM by anotherbanner »

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2010, 06:15:36 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
No - anymore than i could have handled wilt, kareem, debuscher or bradley, isiah, loyd free, moses, isiah, laimbeer, worthy or even magic.

paul silas and then larry bird looked at our opponents the same way - they are the enemy. bird didn't go for all the chatter and back-slapping with the other team and silas,cowens & co. had an unwritten rule against ever helping an opponent back to his feet after he was knocked down.
But...the greatest Celtic of all time (and greatest champion, IMO) Bill Russell, had an off court friendship with Wilt Chamberlain. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2010, 06:30:26 AM »

Offline anotherbanner

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
 I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan and after initially not wanting him on the team, I found myself having no problem cheering for Brett Favre(formerly of the hated Packers) as he led us to the brink of a Super Bowl appearance. And I want him to come back and play next year, too.
 So yes. If it guaranteed a championship, I would have no problem with Kobe in green.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:42:37 AM by anotherbanner »

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2010, 07:20:47 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
NO!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."