Author Topic: Magic tells the truth  (Read 1860 times)

Magic tells the truth
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:16:06 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
The Celtics are committed and focused to winning a back to back championship.

Other teams, notably Cleveland, have improved so the Celtics are forced to improve to keep their edge.

Rondo should be on the All-Star team to join Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

Re: Magic tells the truth
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 03:01:37 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i disagree with magic saying k.g. is the best COMPLIMENTARY player ever, though. i can't stand all the best ever this and that lists. i could give a crap but still.. ridiculous. eat it magic. nobody is buying your phony routine. i also disagree with everyone on the abc panel for saying pierce and allen were "not committed" to defense before garnett.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Offensively KG is a complimentary player. His offensive game isn't that diverse. His value is his defense and passing, but not necessarily in his scoring. That doesn't change the fact that he is a superstar franchise player.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Offensively KG is a complimentary player. His offensive game isn't that diverse. His value is his defense and passing, but not necessarily in his scoring. That doesn't change the fact that he is a superstar franchise player.

Not sure I can agree with this statement.

He's become more complimentary on this Boston team as an offensive player just because it's necessary.

His offensive game is about as diverse as you'll find this side of Dirk.  He can hit the outside shot and play down low when he chooses to.  I have to say he's one of the most diverse PF of all time.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
His offensive game is about as diverse as you'll find this side of Dirk

Well, not to bash him anymore than he's already been, but Dirk's is a rich man's Raef LaFrentz, a big man who can knock down a three. That's all, a waste of a franchise's financial resources in securing an authentic big man who can mix it up down low.

All and all, KG can play in the post but he doesn't do so, in the manner as let's say a Stoudamire, where his value to the C's would be practically exponential. Still, all the other stuff he brings makes him a marqeue player.