Author Topic: good stuff from Cousy  (Read 1983 times)

good stuff from Cousy
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
http://hoopsaddict.com/2008/12/23/a-conversation-with-bob-cousy/

Lots of good stuff here:

"People were asking me before the final round started who I thought was favored. Obviously Los Angeles, I said. They’ve got the best player in the league and they scored whatever it was by the numbers. But, I hadn’t seen them play all year long and after the first game I did a flip-flop and said: oh, hell, this’ll be over in five games or six because LA couldn’t play any [dang] defense. I wrote to my friend, Billy Sharman, who’s still their honorary president, and said, “Billy, that bunch of turkeys you had couldn’t have guarded you and me. What the devil happened out there?”"

"And now, they don’t run transition like we used to. The coaches are more conservative, and there’s more walk-the-ball-up-the-floor. We did some running this year though, and [Rajon] Rondo did a reasonably good job—although he’s insecure about his shooting, which affects his play-making. But, he did come to the floor in the last game. He shot and scored twenty points or whatever it was. He has all the talents to run an up-tempo game; it’s Doc who’d I’d like to talk into speeding it up more. It’d be easy for them, because they have young players and the players who have the speed and athleticism to run more transition. [Tommy] Heinsohn and I have been flailing away at that one for years and nobody listens to us."

Re: good stuff from Cousy
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
And the Lakers are still not playing the defense and rebounding like they need to do. So the Celtics at this point is better than the Lakers. Most of the media and Laker fans do not believe the the Lakers are better than the Celtics and they are expected to lose tomorrow.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Nice article with some very thought provoking discussion.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
[dang] you Comcast!  I loved listening to Cous.  He's one of our treasures.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
When I saw the title of this thread I thought there were photos of Cousy either dunking, or blocking a shot.   8)

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

He's simply the best!
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 11:30:56 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
cous was the man but i'm cool with comcast cutting him now. he obviously does'nt follow the team much, much less before the big 3. the dude knows probably everything there is to know about hoops but i'd love if they brought in someone like sam jones, someone who has been following the team religiously.