Author Topic: KG  (Read 5857 times)

KG
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:40:49 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I haven't seen any recent threads with KG  lately...just wanted to give him some recognition tonight for playing a solid game in Atlanta.Night in and night out KG plays excellent D,but tonite he stepped up his offensive game when they needed a boost.Great game tonight Big Ticket  !
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:52:33 AM by housecall »

Re: KG
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 01:46:13 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Great game tonight Big Ticket  !

Oh, why thank you!   ;D

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:51:10 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Great game tonight Big Ticket  !

Oh, why thank you!   ;D
Iknew you would like that :)...KG was great tonight.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 02:09:05 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I haven't seen any recent threads with KG  lately...just wanted to give him some recognition tonight for playing a solid game in Atlanta.Night in and night out KG plays excellent D,but tonite he stepped up his offensive game when they needed a boost.Great game tonight Big Ticket  !

Good stuff, housecall - what a huge performance in the fourth quarter. Took the jumper when it was the open look but overpowered Smith down low just like he should have.  The spin-off to catch and finish the lob was excellent.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:35:58 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Didn't watch the game, but go KG. lol
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 05:06:17 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
its amazing the way our guys can seemingly struggle all game, but when it gets down to the final minutes they hit the shots they need to. KG look bad for the first 3 quarters and i thought we'd be riding paul for the win, but Garnett pulled through. I think that this is the type of stuff that makes up the best teams, so here's to KG.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 07:55:39 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
In addition to hustling back and going one-on-three on that Atlanta break while the other four on the floor loafed - one of the most glaring and unacceptable possessions I've seen from this team since Danny broke up the Daycare.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

Good stuff, housecall - what a huge performance in the fourth quarter. Took the jumper when it was the open look but overpowered Smith down low just like he should have.  The spin-off to catch and finish the lob was excellent.

-sw
thanks sw...he brought his A game to Atlanta. :)

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
In addition to hustling back and going one-on-three on that Atlanta break while the other four on the floor loafed - one of the most glaring and unacceptable possessions I've seen from this team since Danny broke up thbut i think e Daycare.
[/quote

i agree but it happened so quickly it took the rest of them  by surprise, maybe?

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Anyone else notice the jawing and taunting he was doing to someone in the crowd? It doesnt personally bother me, but as we all know theres been alot of complaining around the web about KG, and even the league supposedly has been keeping a closer eye on him for his "antics" ..
Allen Iverson just got fined for comments towards a fan, so what do you think, KG gonna be fined?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Anyone else notice the jawing and taunting he was doing to someone in the crowd? It doesnt personally bother me, but as we all know theres been alot of complaining around the web about KG, and even the league supposedly has been keeping a closer eye on him for his "antics" ..
Allen Iverson just got fined for comments towards a fan, so what do you think, KG gonna be fined?
The only thing i heard him say to a fan was,"better get the Cool Kids"next time,because Luda can't save you.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 10:42:50 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The only thing i heard him say to a fan was,"better get the Cool Kids"next time,because Luda can't save you.

I dont know what exactly he was saying, but it looked like he was pointing to someone in the crowd and then pointing to his eyes and cussing up a storm
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Big Ticket if you see this,i think KG hit another milestone in the ATL game last night according to ESPN,caught/pass xSpurs David Robinson pts.scored.However,i didnt look it up to verify it BT,just going by what i heard.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Did Miller ever get fined for his jawing with Spike Lee? The NBA seemed to promote that a lot back then. Hypocritical or a reflection of a changing society?

Oh and KG was huge down the stretch. Always good to see. He did make a nice play on that 1 on 3 but he also went down momentarily I screamed a loud NO!!! at the TV.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 12:08:41 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Big Ticket if you see this,i think KG hit another milestone in the ATL game last night according to ESPN,caught/pass xSpurs David Robinson pts.scored.However,i didnt look it up to verify it BT,just going by what i heard.

Hey thanks, I haven't really been tracking those that he passes... mostly just when they guys hit benchmark numbers (i.e. 20,000)... the two for Pierce were special because they were Celtic related milestones.  I'll check this out and note it if true though, thanks!  TP

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.