Author Topic: We are now one game out of the playoffs  (Read 4440 times)

Re: We are now one game out of the playoffs
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:56:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Whatever the circumstances that result in the Cs being playoff contenders, you have to go for it. Now that IT is here and the team are playing well, tanking is not on the agenda ( except for some posters) and the possibility is becoming more probable - use it to convince the other two signings we need that the base of a championship team is here.

There are no free agents this year that would, IMO, come here. Being 11 games under .500 and making the playoffs is a joke, nothing to be proud of. The east is just wretched.

If you offer a player the most money, he will come.  And before people say "I don't want to overpay for some player" guess what: if you're not signing a guy who gets the maximum offer from more than one team, or not signing a guy with the MLE who has multiple offers, you're probably going to be paying more than any other team.  Rare is the player who takes less to go elsewhere.  It happens, of course, but it is the exception and not the rule.

Granted, the free agent pool as a whole is somewhat limited, but there aren't that many teams flush with cap room, and of those that are, we're one of the more competitive.  Atlanta's got a lot of room depending on what they do with Paul Milsap, and if they choose to spend it.  Dallas and San Antonio both have tons of room, but that's because both teams have almost all free agents, so it's not clear what team an incoming free agent would be joining.  The rest of the teams with the money to throw at free agents are either mediocre like we are, or even worse.  The best teams in the league aren't making any major additions this offseason.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We're also 11 games under .500

This is probably more important.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 09:24:21 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Hornets

Will

Be a nice test .....see if the team ...really is better

Our best team is Thomas, Smart, Turner, Crowder, and Bass.

We saw that tonight.

Big AL might kill that lineup.

Big Al is overrated.

But Charlotte as a whole is a better team than their record.

We will find out on Friday.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I m not thinking or confident we ll make the playoffs ......KO and Sully ....mainly because two best young bigs hurt.

I think tomorrow's game with the Hornets is a good test though.   Hornets are playing hard to stop a skid ....

Coaching ....could be the difference in this game .....preparation could be huge .

Celtics got momentum

Zeller needs a revenge game ...he was so bad their last meeting

It will be a real battle .

If we had Sully and KO I d give us even odds .....I don't care if they do have Al .  .....Sully is a force .

Gonna be a nail biter .....down to the last sec ....if we can pull out a win.

I think this Hornets game is pivotal in making the playoff.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:33:10 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 09:33:43 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I m not thinking or confident we ll make the playoffs ......KO and Sully ....mainly because two best young bigs hurt.

I think tomorrow's game with the Hornets is a good test though.   Hornets are playing hard to stop a skid ....

Coaching ....could be the difference in this game .....preparation could be huge .

Celtics got momentum

It will be a real battle .

If we had Sully and KO I d give us even odds .....I don't care if they do have Al .  .....Sully is a force .

Gonna be a nail biter .....down to the last sec ....if we can pull out a win.

I think this Hornets game is pivotal in making the playoff.

Very true.

But the big Swede showed me something last night. The NBA is all about the three point shot.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:23 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Injuries are really taking a toll on the middle tier of the east. Chicago and Miami are more vulnerable to falling a bit, and we might sneak in as much on their misfortune.

That kinda sucks.

Also, Sully is a player I would have most wanted to see play in the playoffs to see how he adjusts.

Oh well.

It would be huge for this team to have that experience. Huge.