Author Topic: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves  (Read 53063 times)

Summer 2018 Rumored Moves
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:51:52 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
(Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for free agent rumors, but we don’t really have another thread for this, so posting it here.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783848-warriors-rumors-dwight-howard-has-serious-interest-in-joining-golden-state

Howard has “serious interest” in the Warriors. A little conflicted on this.

On one hand, come on; this is the rich getting richer. Howard could help shore up some of their weaknesses against bigger teams and on the boards IF he buys in to the system.

On the other hand, this also could be a pretty big risk by GS given Howard’s prior locker room issues and trouble buying into systems, especially in a lesser role. He also is pretty much the antithesis to the Warriors’ playing style, and his free throw shooting will severely limit his playing time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:18:57 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Re: Summer 2018 verified moves
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
(Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for free agent rumors, but we don’t really have another thread for this, so posting it here.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783848-warriors-rumors-dwight-howard-has-serious-interest-in-joining-golden-state

On one hand, come on; this is the rich getting richer. Howard could help shore up some of their weaknesses against bigger teams and on the boards IF he buys in to the system.

On the other hand, this also could be a pretty big risk by GS given Howard’s prior locker room issues and trouble buying into systems, especially in a lesser role. He also is pretty much the antithesis to the Warriors’ playing style, and his free throw shooting will severely limit his playing time.

I think we should make a rumor thread.  I nominate you to start it.

NBA Rumor Thread:
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Please post all rumors that u guys and gals has seen or heard on here..kind of a headache looking at all the posts bout who going where 😉..thanks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

2018 Summer Free Agency Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Post free agency rumors and speculation here!

I think we should make a rumor thread.  I nominate you to start it.

Re: NBA Rumor Thread:
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Fred Van Fleet loooks like he be Phoenix new PG..Bleacher Reports
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: 2018 Summer Free Agency Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 07:20:04 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Lol someone combine our threads, please. I think we both took Salty’s advice and started new rumor threads!  :P

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
So if true less likely they bid for Smart.

Re: Re: Summer 2018 verified moves
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

While I certainly understand those concerns, I have to think that one of the prime reasons for the Warriors possibly getting Howard would be in response to the Rockets. Dennis Schroder said it last year, I believe, in that Dwight always plays his best against his former teams, even if that only counts for, like, ten games a year, lol ;D, so can you imagine a motivated Dwight Howard playing against the Rockets? :o Dear god :o.

How would anyone beat that hypothetical Golden State team? Seriously, how would you do it? #Ultimate2KTeam

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
On the PG OKC rumor I would love it.  F's the Lakers which is great and makes me wonder.  A yr ago all the fake news media said PG was going to the Lakers this year, blah, blah, blah.  You mean the media just might be wrong? 

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783854-paul-george-rumors-star-could-stay-with-thunder-on-2-or-3-year-contract

PG considering a 2-3 year deal with OKC.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23956635/with-paul-george-town-russell-westbrook-hosting-summer-hype-house-party

Russell Westbrook is throwing a party in OKC and having guests sign non-disclosure agreements. Wonder if the party is to celebrate PG staying and the NDA is to keep word on the low so he can announce his "decision" on his ESPN special.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 07:35:44 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Too much foreshadowing for George not to stay in OKC. That eliminates the LA super team. Nice

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't like it because I want LeBron to have a reason to go to LA out of the conference and not to Philly.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 07:48:07 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Leonard and James to LA.

George back to OKC.

Reddick and Illyasova back to Philly.

Run it back and dominate the Sixers in the ECF in 2019.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 07:54:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
James and Leonard to Lakers

Paul to Houston

George to OKC

Smart and Baynes to Boston with another signing of a bench player

Redick back to Philly, sixers miss out on max player

Cousins one year deal in New Orleans

Aaron Gordon max deal offer from pacers matched by Orlando s

Boston biggest move would be Lebron out of the east. It would cripple the Cavs and Philly would get no better. We need Lebron gone.