Author Topic: Anthony Bennett (Merged threads)  (Read 7792 times)

Re: Anthony Bennett ????
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:47 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
All the reason that keeps him around NBA is that former 1st overall pick.
Using the same logic:
All the reason why he was the 1st overall pick is that people saw talent in him.
 :laugh:
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 03:16:54 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Using the same logic:
All the reason why he was the 1st overall pick is that people saw talent in him.

People make mistakes....
1)He went first while nobody expected it. More GMs-scouts had a lesser opinion about him
2)A few college games and draft combine is a much smaller sample size than 4 years of pro carrier.

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Using the same logic:

People make mistakes....
1)He went first while nobody expected it. More GMs-scouts had a lesser opinion about him
2)A few college games and draft combine is a much smaller sample size than 4 years of pro carrier.
Yes, I agree, it is clear that he wasn't the right choice.
But the guy is doing his best to improve, stay in the league and some earn money while he is young.

I just kind of dislike when people "dance on the draft-busts grave".
"Busts" (it is a very tricky to call someone like that IMO) in this case AB, certainly don't wish to fail themselves and if a team misevaluates his talent level and picks them higher than even he would put himself, it is not his fault.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 07:31:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Look at what Boston did for Turner Just erase the stigma of number one and cease the bust rap
He has been traded for to watch his intangibles,commitment and talent-only 24
He was not our choice at number one ,the Celts have not traded for him  or entered into any contract-
He is playing well for Red Claws ,drawing media attention and could be called up by any team-that is good for G league.
Draft express was positive on the kid having innate NBA talent
Bennett is not our bust,Bennett is a look see  G league prospect a potential Whiteside,Tim Frazier or Dinwiddie
James Young got a two way-just not as a Celtic.

For Bennett to get a call up with a 10 day-he really has to show discipline in drills and weight room and rebound while hitting threes.Its hard to show defense with Red Claws ans as a previous poster has said its a guard dominated league
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:57:24 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
For Bennett to get a call up with a 10 day-he really has to show discipline in drills and weight room and rebound while hitting threes.Its hard to show defense with Red Claws ans as a previous poster has said its a guard dominated league

His stats in the D league are worse than Mickey's good luck with him becoming a viable NBA rotation player.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Think of him as a poor mans derrick Coleman and go from there

Very poor

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:05 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

His stats in the D league are worse than Mickey's good luck with him becoming a viable NBA rotation player.

yet Mickey is a viable NBA rotation player, no? so if he can be close to Mickey, that makes him what?

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
no

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673

He's a poor man's Dwayne Schintzius (Minus the mullet)

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 07:37:19 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Seems to be hitting his threes and looks like he should impress at showcase.I have seen some games and he doesn't look out of shape or lost.Its showcase time as coaches get a look at G league talent..
Any views on Bennett as a bench guy ,a big body that can shoot.
Can he get a 10 day call up?
The Red Claws traded for him ,Brad spotlighted him briefly.Somebody has been watching.
Now don't take this as an endorsement-just post of curiosity with hope there will be a reply from somebody who watches or goes to Red Claw games.

1000 times NO!! He's a bust. I don't understand how many of you scoffed at the idea of picking up Monte Ellis who by the way has proven in the past he's capable of putting up numbers and was once an all-star (well he put up all star numbers) . Yet many of you are finding reasons to give Anthony Bennett a look? Why?

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Seems to be hitting his threes and looks like he should impress at showcase.I have seen some games and he doesn't look out of shape or lost.Its showcase time as coaches get a look at G league talent..
The Red Claws traded for him ,Brad spotlighted him briefly.Somebody has been watching.
Now don't take this as an endorsement-just post of curiosity with hope there will be a reply from somebody who watches or goes to Red Claw games.

1000 times NO!! He's a bust. I don't understand how many of you scoffed at the idea of picking up Monte Ellis who by the way has proven in the past he's capable of putting up numbers and was once an all-star (well he put up all star numbers) . Yet many of you are finding reasons to give Anthony Bennett a look? Why?

Maybe because Bennett's skillset fits this team more than Ellis. Its not about putting up raw numbers. And Ellis never made any all-star team.

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 07:44:38 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

He's a poor man's Dwayne Schintzius (Minus the mullet)
Ouch

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 08:20:16 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19

Maybe because Bennett's skillset fits this team more than Ellis. Its not about putting up raw numbers. And Ellis never made any all-star team.

I disagree. Bennett will never be a spark off the bench. Ellis would. Those moments when we have a lull on offense and Kyrie is sitting. We would need someone capable of having a big night offensively. Anthony Bennett on his best day after eating a can of Popeye's spinach was still just 20 points. Not sure what guys have against Ellis but again i'd rather give him a look as opposed to a proven bust like Bennett. Hell while where at it let's give Larry Sanders and Kwame brown a look.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 09:09:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I disagree. Bennett will never be a spark off the bench. Ellis would. Those moments when we have a lull on offense and Kyrie is sitting. We would need someone capable of having a big night offensively. Anthony Bennett on his best day after eating a can of Popeye's spinach was still just 20 points. Not sure what guys have against Ellis but again i'd rather give him a look as opposed to a proven bust like Bennett. Hell while where at it let's give Larry Sanders and Kwame brown a look.
Not going to get into the whole Bennett thing.

But what's with your Ellis infatuation. Ellis isn't capable of being a spark off the bench at all - he's trash now. We already have guards who can't shoot from deep, but they can actually defend
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 09:57:30 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

I think you're living in the past with Ellis. There's a reason why he doesn't have an NBA contract. We're talking about a guy who's undersized, 32, low efficiency and was a terrible defender his whole career. When he was good enough to put up 20 per night, he was useful.

About 3 years too late, IMO.

The difference is that Bennett is still 24 and not costing us an NBA contract. Weirder things have happened, e.g. Whiteside, even if it's an extreme longshot.