Author Topic: Rookie defense-only sometimes  (Read 1449 times)

Rookie defense-only sometimes
« on: February 22, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
With the Boston starters making it look simple -I turned my attention on Romeo on defence.
His first stint was silently way above rookie scale.
The fact that Brad used him in 4th quarter said it all as he subbed in for Jaylen. He was blocked at the rim could have been a goaltend?
The kid is still thinking but when it becomes instinctual.

Gordon Hayward is just so good, smooth and unhurried he looks almost slow motion. Its like he is two moves ahead.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:44:14 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Rookie defense-only sometimes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 10:35:38 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I would apply this to the whole young bench. Though they don't score they have been adding great support for the teams top 7. The top 7 all can score 15 to 30pts easily so the other guys have to just excel at smart positioning, good effort, and heads up defense. Good seeing young guys accepting the roles and thrive at it.

The C's may not have the elite talent to win it all but they are going to be a tough team in the playoffs.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
good call and good thread rollie. if anyone wants to see more about romeo's defense, which i for one did NOT expect from him, here is a good article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-lot-love-romeo-langford-174149079.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 05:30:36 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
That defence he played on LeBron, where he almost pulled a" Marcus" but LeBron hung long enough to recover the ball and score.
Imagine being 19 and guarding Lebron in that atmosphere.

Romeo hit a three and drove effortlessly to basket but is going to have to adjust his off the board layups The bigs are measuring and timing those.