Author Topic: Anyone else p---ed?  (Read 6254 times)

Anyone else p---ed?
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:19:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
As many on this site have pointed out over the course of the year, Cleveland is vulnerable. Lebron looks slow and it is love and a bunch of role players. If we had Irving and Hayward we could be living that life

Re: Anyone else p---ed?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 11:22:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Yeah, its a missed opportunity this year, but the Celtics will get much better next year, Cleveland will not. If anything, they will get worse. I don't see Toronto getting better either. Its our conference to own for several years, with maybe a challenge from the Sixers if they take the next step.

On the bright side, our young guys , Tatum, Brown and Rozier, are getting some prime experience in these playoffs.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 11:31:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Next year is Boston's year and Boston's conference.

Unless the Philadelphia 76ers want to challenge us.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:35:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Even worse... If Lebron goes to Philly (which there is suddenly a very real possibility), we will really have our hands full

I believe they have the cap space to pull it off

Embiid looks like Hakeem and Simmons resembles magic johnson. If you were lebron chasing michael jordan, how could you say no to this situation at least for the next 2 years to try out?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:42:07 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:38:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Even worse... If Lebron goes to Philly (which there is suddenly a very real possibility), we will really have our hands full

LeBron will want to stay in the East if he wants to win. Wouldn't make sense for him to go West.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 11:39:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

LeBron will want to stay in the East if he wants to win. Wouldn't make sense for him to go West.
Philly is in the east so yeah I agree

I think Philly is a bigger contender for lebron than Lakers or rockets.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 11:39:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It's okay, next year will be the first of our 3-peat
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 12:16:55 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Well, Kyrie chose not to play.  There was never a chance of Gordy coming back this year.  And GSW would still be overwhelming favorites.  So no, next year should be good.  That said, GSW returns their core next year; Philly could add a max FA; and we return Kyrie. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 01:15:28 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
We've had an incredible run of luck the last five years. From hitting on our top draft picks, to signing major free agents. So i have a hard time being too upset about the injury plagued year, especially since I've enjoyed watching the young guys.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 02:11:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
We've had an incredible run of luck the last five years. From hitting on our top draft picks, to signing major free agents. So i have a hard time being too upset about the injury plagued year, especially since I've enjoyed watching the young guys.

This is where I am. What Ainge was able to do after dismantling, only missing the playoffs 1 time and building a legitimate contender. Remarkable. Should be Executive of The Year.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 02:15:05 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
TP.
I got over it too and it feels like we are playing with house money.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 07:39:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Tatum already plays like a vet .   He'll be fully grown next year and even more sharp with his skill set.

Rotating Hayward and Tatum in and out will keep the pressure on our opponents.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Well, Kyrie chose not to play.  There was never a chance of Gordy coming back this year.  And GSW would still be overwhelming favorites.  So no, next year should be good.  That said, GSW returns their core next year; Philly could add a max FA; and we return Kyrie.

He wanted to play, Stevens said so. But it was decided by the medical staff that he should get the surgery coz its better in the long run.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 07:47:36 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
While it sucks what happen to Gordon, and then Irving,Smart and Theis. It could be better in the long run.

First it shows that Smart is needed for his Defensive leadership. I don't think we go into overtime with him on the floor. Yeah his shooting is sketchy at best, but he brings it on D which for what ever reason gets everyone else to.

Also Brown and Tatum are getting their hands dirty in the playoffs by being the main focal points of the offense. Horford had to step up a bit, and Rozier got it going and showed his clutch in the second half.

With out moving Horford, the Cs can't add much with out gutting the bench and then who are you left with? This is great for the bench and end, and FAR end of the bench guys for next season. 

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

He wanted to play, Stevens said so. But it was decided by the medical staff that he should get the surgery coz its better in the long run.

He'd pretty much be playing right now if not for the bacterial infection. Yes, he chose to have the wire removed, but that's because it was assumed he would be back and ready for the playoffs. I don't think Kyrie had any intention of blowing off the rest of the season when he had the initial minor procedure.

But, yeah, I am a little upset. This team healthy would steamroll the East. Let's just hope Lebron doesn't go to Philly or they don't acquire some other star player. Even after the Embiid contract they have a ton to spend and can do a lot better than Redick.