Author Topic: Silver update to Players  (Read 12465 times)

Re: Silver update to Players
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
When is it realistically plausible that the testing capacity of the country would be such that the NBA could test all the people involved on a daily basis without placing an undue strain on the overall testing supply?

Feels like we're a long way off from that.

Don't quote me but I believe they roll out about enough to test about .5% of the total population per week now.

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Agree above Pro Sita .Even if a miracle vaccine was found tommorrow,  how long does it take to even begin to be distributed to the masses ...." ME".  ...several months if I m lucky i guess.   Im feeling we ll be really lucky to start the new season this fall on time and then it may not be in front of but a small crowd of NBA , TV and media types .  Just this group could amount to several hundred people having to be pre tested who might be in contact in some way with the players and their entourages.

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 02:45:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
When is it realistically plausible that the testing capacity of the country would be such that the NBA could test all the people involved on a daily basis without placing an undue strain on the overall testing supply?

Don't quote me but I believe they roll out about enough to test about .5% of the total population per week now.
US population is about 330 million.  that'd be 1.65 mill per week.  they're still a long way off.   even at .5% of the population, that'd take 200 weeks to get to everyone.

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2020, 04:10:32 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

US population is about 330 million.  that'd be 1.65 mill per week.  they're still a long way off.   even at .5% of the population, that'd take 200 weeks to get to everyone.

Yep, that looks to be the current pace.

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2020, 07:26:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2020, 08:12:10 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2020, 08:32:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
It looks like NBA players want the season to resume:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2891385-report-lebron-giannis-steph-curry-more-stars-in-favor-of-nba-resuming-season?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

It sounds like most of those stars are from contending teams, It sounds selfish of them to form a front and push for the season to resume when things are in chaos now.

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2020, 08:52:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2891385-report-lebron-giannis-steph-curry-more-stars-in-favor-of-nba-resuming-season?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

It sounds like most of those stars are from contending teams, It sounds selfish of them to form a front and push for the season to resume when things are in chaos now.

There are also stars from teams that are not in contention, including Steph Curry and KD.

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2020, 08:55:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

There are also stars from teams that are not in contention, including Steph Curry and KD.

I know that, which is why I said most.

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2020, 09:12:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I have no difficulty believing that LeBron is the one leading this - desperately
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I know that, which is why I said most.

Cool. In all fairness, KD isn't even going to play, so I don't know why they asked him.

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2020, 12:21:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Wonder what KAT thinks

They're either gonna try to convince KAT to play, suck it up and play, or trade him/exile him.

If I was KAT though, I would be very angry and upset.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2020, 12:31:55 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Wonder what KAT thinks

They're either gonna try to convince KAT to play, suck it up and play, or trade him/exile him.

If I was KAT though, I would be very angry and upset.

Depending on how they go about this restart, KAT may not need to play. The Twolves are nowhere near playoff contention.

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2020, 02:45:27 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I have no difficulty believing that LeBron is the one leading this - desperately

Am I the only one who thinks this is a really dumb idea?  Teams have been shutdown for almost two months.  No one is in shape, there are huge logistical / safety issues with trying to host anything anywhere right now.  Just call it a day, cancel the rest of the season, and pray that we can get basketball after some kind of delayed opening later in the year.

I would like to see a survey of what ALL players think.  I bet it would be a lot different than that article.