Author Topic: Lebron turns 36 next season. Do we finally see a drop in production from him?  (Read 3184 times)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Won't get much drop off from LeBron overall...some defensively of course but he'll stay a top player for the next couple of years.

His (and LAL's) window IS closing, though...and Covid-19 isn't helping things for ANY one.

We can't be 100% sure AD will resign in LAL...it's a probable I'd guess but not definite.

His agent has already alluded to AD testing the waters next season - and CHI is becoming an interesting suitor as they clean up THEIR organization....

Lots of loose ends to be tied up...LeBron doesn't have long at the top but I'm enjoying the ride while he's here.

Can you imagine if Davis did go to Chicago? I know it's unlikely, but imagine how that would shift the league.

Then imagine how Lebron responds. He'd likely ask for a trade. Here's my three favorite.

Nets: Lavert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, and two future firsts for Lebron.

Miami: Olynyk, Herro, Nunn, salary filler, and a first for Lebron

Toronto: Ibaka, Van Fleet (sign and trade), OG, and future firsts for Lebron.

All three Eastern teams.

Didn't LeBron go to LA in the first place because he wanted to be there while his kid went to school?

I doubt LeBron leaves, too.

But stranger things have happened.

While I'm sure he's there to support his son I'd also bet he wants that 4th Banner.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
His passing skills are getting better and better. I understand that assists are overrated, but getting the ball to locations where a player has the best opportunity to score keeps players engaged on both ends and gets the team easy baskets. (Ohh god, that is an assist right?)

Anyway, I think you'll see the second stage of his power game come into play more and more as he ages. If the officials allow him to use his off-hand to clear players out of his way like he does now, he'll be effective to 40.

I totally agree about his defense, or lack there-of.   

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I couldn't picture Kyrie being on the same team as LeBron after all this time lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I couldn't picture Kyrie being on the same team as LeBron after all this time lol.

If such a trade happens Kyrie will surely push him off the edge.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Won't get much drop off from LeBron overall...some defensively of course but he'll stay a top player for the next couple of years.

His (and LAL's) window IS closing, though...and Covid-19 isn't helping things for ANY one.

We can't be 100% sure AD will resign in LAL...it's a probable I'd guess but not definite.

His agent has already alluded to AD testing the waters next season - and CHI is becoming an interesting suitor as they clean up THEIR organization....

Lots of loose ends to be tied up...LeBron doesn't have long at the top but I'm enjoying the ride while he's here.

Can you imagine if Davis did go to Chicago? I know it's unlikely, but imagine how that would shift the league.

Then imagine how Lebron responds. He'd likely ask for a trade. Here's my three favorite.

Nets: Lavert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, and two future firsts for Lebron.

Miami: Olynyk, Herro, Nunn, salary filler, and a first for Lebron

Toronto: Ibaka, Van Fleet (sign and trade), OG, and future firsts for Lebron.

All three Eastern teams.

Didn't LeBron go to LA in the first place because he wanted to be there while his kid went to school?

I doubt LeBron leaves, too.

But stranger things have happened.

While I'm sure he's there to support his son I'd also bet he wants that 4th Banner.

What I ve seen of little Bron , he is no LeBron , not by a mile.   If the kid is lucky he ll be about as good as Doc s son .   I grew up watching Doc ,  his son can't put on his shoes.