Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343594 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2715 on: May 17, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Pelicans owner  is Gayle Benson

Jackie MacMullan of ESPN:  "We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”

love it.

Now if the media will jsut shut up about NYK, and how great their package is, and about how Davis will only sign in LAL or NYK long term

Just stop with all that luncacy.

NYK have really nothing of significant value to offer other than the #3 pick. If they had held on to Porzingis then they may have had a chance, but they blew it.

The team I'm slightly worried about is the Clippers. Never underestimate Jerry West. If he's involved, he gets these type of deals done.

No, it wouldn't have mattered.

Kristap explicitly stated if he got traded to NOP, he wouldn't re-sign.

A source told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne (h/t colleague Tim MacMahon) that New Orleans was not sure if he would remain with the team long-term, seeing how Porzingis can become a restricted free agent after this season.

Instead, the Knicks announced Thursday they traded Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Trey Burke and Courtney Lee to Dallas for DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and two future first-round draft picks.

This comes after Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com reported that Davis' agent, Rich Paul, informed the Pelicans his client does not want to sign long-term with the team and preferred to be traded. Davis can become a free agent following the 2019-20 season and has a player option for 2020-21.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2716 on: May 17, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Somebody please tell me if this is crazy or not

Rozier is clearly going to sign an offer sheet with someone.

The Celtics could match it and then wait until December to include him in the trade for Davis. That would allow them to keep Smart since his contract wouldn't be needed for salary matching.

This idea works if New Orleans wants Rozier, which is one of the teams he's been rumored to fit on best, and New Orleans is willing to wait to make the trade.

I believe that Dec 15 is the date that free agents signed in the off-season are eligible to be traded.

The deal might be something like Tatum/Rozier/Yabu/MEM-pick for Davis. It's a pretty good deal for New Orleans if they're willing to wait a little longer. I don't see why they'd be in a hurry.

« Reply #2717 on: May 17, 2019, 01:37:11 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

The Celtics could match it and then wait until December to include him in the trade for Davis. That would allow them to keep Smart since his contract wouldn't be needed for salary matching.

This idea works if New Orleans wants Rozier, which is one of the teams he's been rumored to fit on best, and New Orleans is willing to wait to make the trade.

I believe that Dec 15 is the date that free agents signed in the off-season are eligible to be traded.

The deal might be something like Tatum/Rozier/Yabu/MEM-pick for Davis. It's a pretty good deal for New Orleans if they're willing to wait a little longer. I don't see why they'd be in a hurry.

Unless its a sign and trade it is 90 days from signing.

Team could offer him 15 mill today...he sign it and in august be traded
Now i mught be wrong...but I believe this is legal.

« Reply #2718 on: May 17, 2019, 01:37:47 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

They could also S&T Rozier, (he would only count for 50% of incoming salaries,) and do it ASAP. I really don't want to give up Smart + Brown.

« Reply #2719 on: May 17, 2019, 01:41:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

It is not that simple:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q101
There are two additional circumstances in which a trade requires the player's consent:

When the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, his Larry Bird/Early Bird rights are not traded with him, and instead becomes a Non-Bird free agent3. The player's consent is also required for any subsequent trades that season.

For one year after exercising the right of first refusal to keep a restricted free agent. The player must consent to a trade to any team, although he cannot be traded to the team that signed him to the offer sheet.

« Reply #2720 on: May 17, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22

It is not that simple:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q101
There are two additional circumstances in which a trade requires the player's consent:

When the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, his Larry Bird/Early Bird rights are not traded with him, and instead becomes a Non-Bird free agent3. The player's consent is also required for any subsequent trades that season.

For one year after exercising the right of first refusal to keep a restricted free agent. The player must consent to a trade to any team, although he cannot be traded to the team that signed him to the offer sheet.

So the last clause would apply. Rozier would have to consent to the trade if it happened within a year of his signing. He's made it pretty clear that he would be in favor of that if he's not going to be a starter in Boston. But I admit that it sounds like a far-fetched scenario.

« Reply #2721 on: May 17, 2019, 01:55:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Pelicans owner  is Gayle Benson

Jackie MacMullan of ESPN:  "We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”
Can you take a TP, that I just giveth, and pass it along to Gayle Benson :)
Thank you!

Should I open a TP bank? ;D

« Reply #2722 on: May 17, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It just means if you're matching Rozier with thoughts to move him in the next season, you absolutely need a backup trade formulation in mind because he can veto.

Re: Report: Pels to call Boston if they can't convince Davis to stay
« Reply #2723 on: May 17, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Two main reasons I don't think a Davis trade is likely to happen:

(1) I think Kyrie is gone, and I don't think the Celts are going to go all-in to add AD without knowing Kyrie is on board

(2) I think the Pels are going to hold onto AD at least until the trade deadline, in the hopes that Zion looks awesome and they have a winning record by that point and AD may consider sticking around.

I think with all intents and purposes, AD pretty much burned all his bridges. Wearing that T-Shirt, demanding a trade before deadline to get sent over to the LAL, and pretty much playing listlessly towards the end. Nah, he's gone. Too much damage control to fix + depreciated value of waiting half a year.

Also, waiting further down the season just creates tension among players, not to mention diminishing value of AD since instead of a full season, it will shrink the further he plays for the Pelicans... Also a big what if is... God forbid but what if he injures himself ala Hayward.... There are so many variables that waiting out or holding unto Davis when the proverbial sign is in bold letters that Davis is not happy in NOLA is just absurd to keep holding unto him.

Id say he is gone and is 75%out the door... Pelicans really just need to have the best trade partner.

« Reply #2724 on: May 17, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Teams cannot give him an offer sheet until July
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2725 on: May 17, 2019, 03:39:45 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I mean can you sign and trade a restricted free agent?

« Reply #2726 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I mean can you sign and trade a restricted free agent?

Yes you can, but it has to be for more than 3 years, and the team bringing in the S&T loses Birds Rights.

« Reply #2727 on: May 17, 2019, 03:59:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Per the “over my dead body” reports out there regarding Gayle Benson, the Lakers and Anthony Davis.
I have spoken to Gayle.
She laughed at the report and called it “totally absurd,” and “completely untrue.”@wdsu @basketballtalk @Rachel__Nichols

That's what I figured.

« Reply #2728 on: May 17, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I haven't read this anywhere, but the fact that Pels got the 1st pick is the best thing that could have happen to us.
Under these circumstances, no one can pry them to get a higher pick this year then what they already have.

I think this is important.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2729 on: May 17, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Per the “over my dead body” reports out there regarding Gayle Benson, the Lakers and Anthony Davis.
I have spoken to Gayle.
She laughed at the report and called it “totally absurd,” and “completely untrue.”@wdsu @basketballtalk @Rachel__Nichols

That's what I figured.

Or its 100% true in private, but in public she denies it so the NOP dont lose leverage. Or who knows. Given how many teams habe responded to LA's tampering it wouldn't surprise me if reports are true. Most after the fact reporting indicates the Paces weren't sending PG to the lakers for example.