Author Topic: Knicks (4-14) at Celtics (9-8) Game#18 11/21/2018  (Read 44296 times)

Re: Knicks (4-14) at Celtics (9-8) Game#18 11/21/2018
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2018, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Bury Rozier on the bench he's trade bait. Now I understand why Brown is playing less and less. For some reason, Baynes is in the dog house.

Shorten the roster, play the experienced players. This sucks.

« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
biggest difference between last year's team and this year's team is the frequency with which open shots were made last year and missed this year.   if the team was shooting like it did last year, we'd be talking about knocking off GSW. 

Brad can't shoot the shots or make the FTs for these guys but he's got to change his offensive philosophy from bombing away from the get go to getting buckets close in to warm up the shooters.

Biggest difference between this year and last year is we can't stop any quick guards.

Jamal Murray, Victor Oladipo, Kemba Walker, Devin Booker, and now Trey Burke have all had a field day against the Celtics.

For ****s sake.
Don't forget the slow wings like TJ Warren and Joe Ingles!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2018, 10:07:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Hey relax, we have like 10 games coming up against bad teams. I feel a winning streak coming.

That mantra is dead. Always thought it was BS. We lost to Magic and Knicks at home. I don’t think it’s lack of effort. We’re just not good and we panic and do stupid things.

Stevens should do major shakeup. Start Yabu and Williams. At least you’ll get effort and interior presence.

It doesn't look like panic to me. It looks more like the opposite. Guys aren't engaged. Even when Tatum has shot well this season he doesn't seem like he's fully engaged in the game. It's like he's playing 1-on-1 with whoever's guarding him.

Too often it looks like everyone is playing their own individual games of 1-on-1 instead of playing together.

Tatum is averaging .6 assists the last 5 games...

« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
and the celtics missed 10 free throws tonight. ten. even with abysmal shooting and terrible defense, if they had made their free throws they probably win.  :P

The Knicks missed 9...
dont bother with facts and data!!!!!!!!!  ;D

oh, and a tp for posting that.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Where is the pride? The grit? Just rolling the balls out like is Saturday at the YMCA

« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The only positve I can think of Hayward finally bringing in sone aggressiveness.. Hope he is more aggresaive and stop passing up shots when its there.

Missed a bunch of FT and missed a lot of open threes which basically means this was suppose to be a winnable game.

Morris should start IMO and replace Baynes.. See if that changes our plan of attack.

« Reply #666 on: November 21, 2018, 10:11:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
and the celtics missed 10 free throws tonight. ten. even with abysmal shooting and terrible defense, if they had made their free throws they probably win.  :P

The Knicks missed 9...
dont bother with facts and data!!!!!!!!!  ;D

oh, and a tp for posting that.

Thanks, yeah that whole game really came down to 15 -30 Knicks for 3 vs 10-33 Celtics. Kincks 50% Celtics 30%....  Also the Knicks shot twice as many free throws. Everyone shoots twice as many free throws as we do...

« Reply #667 on: November 21, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Off to give thanks...

« Reply #668 on: November 21, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Bury Rozier on the bench he's trade bait. Now I understand why Brown is playing less and less. For some reason, Baynes is in the dog house.

Shorten the roster, play the experienced players. This sucks.
Brad actually tried to tonight in the 2nd half. His core group was Hayward, Al, Morris and Kyrie.  He had to add a 5th and use the other guys to rest people but he tried to ride those 4 as much as he could. The suckitude unfortunately is infecting the whole roster.  No one else deserved to be part of the first 5.

« Reply #669 on: November 21, 2018, 10:14:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
biggest difference between last year's team and this year's team is the frequency with which open shots were made last year and missed this year.   if the team was shooting like it did last year, we'd be talking about knocking off GSW. 

Brad can't shoot the shots or make the FTs for these guys but he's got to change his offensive philosophy from bombing away from the get go to getting buckets close in to warm up the shooters.

Biggest difference between this year and last year is we can't stop any quick guards.

Jamal Murray, Victor Oladipo, Kemba Walker, Devin Booker, and now Trey Burke have all had a field day against the Celtics.

For ****s sake.
that certainly hasn't helped but if C's hit only 4-5 of those open 3's they missed, they win and there's just grumbling about those guards rather than pointing to them as the cause of a loss. 

C's definitely need to figure out how to clamp down on hot opposition shooters but the level of complaining about them has definitely gone up in correlation with the C's missing open shots and falling way behind in games that they can't come back from

« Reply #670 on: November 21, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Hey relax, we have like 10 games coming up against bad teams. I feel a winning streak coming.

That mantra is dead. Always thought it was BS. We lost to Magic and Knicks at home. I don’t think it’s lack of effort. We’re just not good and we panic and do stupid things.

Stevens should do major shakeup. Start Yabu and Williams. At least you’ll get effort and interior presence.

It doesn't look like panic to me. It looks more like the opposite. Guys aren't engaged. Even when Tatum has shot well this season he doesn't seem like he's fully engaged in the game. It's like he's playing 1-on-1 with whoever's guarding him.

Too often it looks like everyone is playing their own individual games of 1-on-1 instead of playing together.

Yikes.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #671 on: November 21, 2018, 10:17:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Yikes.

Not hitting your shots is bad. Not ever looking to set up your teammates is really bad.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #672 on: November 21, 2018, 10:17:44 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
The only positve I can think of Hayward finally bringing in sone aggressiveness.. Hope he is more aggresaive and stop passing up shots when its there.

Missed a bunch of FT and missed a lot of open threes which basically means this was suppose to be a winnable game.

Morris should start IMO and replace Baynes.. See if that changes our plan of attack.
Would you be happy if Hayward goes to his prior form but we miss the playoffs in the process?
This ridiculousness all about Hayward has to stop we were fine without him... >:(

« Reply #673 on: November 21, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

I agree. Stevens will trot out some odd lineups. But today, I thought he stuck with whomever was playing well - within reason. You can't play Kyrie 40+ minutes against the Knicks in November.

Brad is not the problem.

See, this is where I disagree. Managing the talent is the primary job of NBA coaches, whether that be their expectations, their roles, their egos, or even their energy and motivation.

I don't think anyone disagrees that these guys are in their own heads now, and it's affecting their play at both ends. The fact that Brad has not been able to remedy this issue nearly a quarter of the way into the season is a major red flag. Guys are not playing with regular energy, intensity, or motivation - and that's on the coaching staff by not properly having their guys ready for games and managing these issues.

Combine this with the other issues - the inflexibility with his offensive philosophy, questionable rotations and decision-making, not clarifying roles, etc. - and the coaching staff clearly is a primary factor in this failure of a season thus far.

Players also bear some of the responsibility, but this is coaching 101 stuff that the coaching staff can't get a handle on.

« Reply #674 on: November 21, 2018, 10:20:26 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

For ****s sake.
Don't forget the slow wings like TJ Warren and Joe Ingles!

LOL. TP.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis