Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 488157 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Personally I think Doris Burke is one of the most knowledgeable and insightful basketball commentators out there, and I'm always pleased when I tune into one of the less-heralded matchups and find that TNT / ESPN has "buried" her there.

Give me Doris Burke and Hubie Brown or Doug Collins over Mike Breen, Mike Tirico, Kevin Harlan, etc, any day.

Brad Stevens is a nice story, but he's the most exciting person on the Celtics and he doesn't spend any time actually playing basketball.

I can't blame anyone for being more excited to see Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love in the playoffs for the first time, not to mention LeBron James, who is typically masterful in utterly demolishing first round opponents.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2015, 09:52:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2957
Boy, this Rockets/Mavs series is going to be a good one. Howard is looking excellent out there defensively, and him and Chandler are already getting chippy! lol

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2957
Also, again I'm glad Rondo decides to play defense now. He's already put more effort into his defense in this first quarter in the playoffs than he did all this year with the C's.  >:(

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Personally I think Doris Burke is one of the most knowledgeable and insightful basketball commentators out there, and I'm always pleased when I tune into one of the less-heralded matchups and find that TNT / ESPN has "buried" her there.

Give me Doris Burke and Hubie Brown or Doug Collins over Mike Breen, Mike Tirico, Kevin Harlan, etc, any day.

Brad Stevens is a nice story, but he's the most exciting person on the Celtics and he doesn't spend any time actually playing basketball.

I can't blame anyone for being more excited to see Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love in the playoffs for the first time, not to mention LeBron James, who is typically masterful in utterly demolishing first round opponents.

I'll give you Doug Collins, but not Hubie Brown-noser or Burke.  Besides, I forgot one of the best things she said all day.  Speaking of Pierce, "he's never been a great athlete, so I don't understand how he's managed to become 16th on the all time scoring list." :o I don't remember her exact words, but I do recall how she said that she was essentially stumped by Paul's scoring prowess.  How does he continue to do it?  Oh, I don't know, Doris - SKILL!? ::) Seriously, what is the matter with these people?

That being said, I'm in agreement with you on Breen, Tirico, and Harlan, to name a few.  Ugh. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:14:40 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I really like Capela. I think he is going to be a really nice player 2-3 years down the line.

Very good combination of athleticism, physical size and disposition to play defense and rebound.

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Did Harden just pass (fumble) the ball to himself?

It didn't look like Amare touched it. Amare sure didn't react like he had touched the ball.

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2015, 10:02:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If the Mavs end up being done (Rondo goes to LA, Dirk retires) maybe Chandler leaves. He would be exactly what we need.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
If the Mavs end up being done (Rondo goes to LA, Dirk retires) maybe Chandler leaves. He would be exactly what we need.

Please god no.

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2015, 10:12:40 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Mavs look pathetic.  Ball doesn't move at all.  They're fortunate to have Howard in foul trouble with 2 fouls in the first quarter, but can't capitalize on it.

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Did Harden just pass (fumble) the ball to himself?

It didn't look like Amare touched it. Amare sure didn't react like he had touched the ball.

Looked like a travel to me.  Basically passed himself the ball.

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Dirk is going to have to have to a huge series for Dallas to win this series.

I wonder how much he can outplay Terrence Jones though. I don't think Dirk is quick enough defensively to stay in front of Jones on the other end of the floor or in transition. So while Dirk is much more skilled offensively, I think he is going to concede a bunch of high quality scoring opportunities to Jones if Jones is aggressive. And I don't think Dirk can rebound with Jones either. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones pull down 8-10rpg to Dirk's 5-6rpg.

For all the focus on how hard it will be for Houston to defend Dirk, I think it has been overlooked how much trouble Dirk could have defending Terrence Jones (or Josh Smith).

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I love Josh Smith's passing in this Houston team. They desperately needed some big man passing to make their offense (somewhat) less predictable. Still too much Harden over-dribbling but I don't think Houston can fix that until they get a quality (offensively) PG.

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Nice bounce pass in traffic off the dribble by Ariza.

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Dirk is going to have to have to a huge series for Dallas to win this series.

I wonder how much he can outplay Terrence Jones though. I don't think Dirk is quick enough defensively to stay in front of Jones on the other end of the floor or in transition. So while Dirk is much more skilled offensively, I think he is going to concede a bunch of high quality scoring opportunities to Jones if Jones is aggressive. And I don't think Dirk can rebound with Jones either. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones pull down 8-10rpg to Dirk's 5-6rpg.

For all the focus on how hard it will be for Houston to defend Dirk, I think it has been overlooked how much trouble Dirk could have defending Terrence Jones (or Josh Smith).

Or anyone, for that matter, as he's never been a good defender.  Why teams haven't attacked him relentlessly in the post over the course of his career is beyond me.  I mean, it's not like he's a shotblocker.

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Not sure why Houston are attacking with Josh Smith vs Tyson Chandler matchup instead of Terrence Jones vs Dirk Nowitzki. Smith and Jones are similar caliber scorers. Tyson Chandler is a vastly superior defender than Dirk is. Bad decision.