Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232878 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 17, 2019, 07:17:10 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Man OKC losing in the first round again would be a dumpster fire. Somebody getting traded and/or fired.

Nothing will change unless Westbrook accepts a smaller role and/or improves his game in other areas.  His lack of perimeter shooting and inability to move without the ball is a major problem.  I highly doubt that any team would want take on his current contract, especially now that he's showing athletic decline. 

« Reply #421 on: April 17, 2019, 07:23:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Man OKC losing in the first round again would be a dumpster fire. Somebody getting traded and/or fired.

Nothing will change unless Westbrook accepts a smaller role and/or improves his game in other areas.  His lack of perimeter shooting and inability to move without the ball is a major problem.  I highly doubt that any team would want take on his current contract, especially now that he's showing athletic decline.
His lack of self-awareness regarding his own game baffles me. He can get as many triple-doubles as he pleases, I'd without question take 3 point guards ahead of him right now.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #422 on: April 17, 2019, 07:38:41 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

His lack of self-awareness regarding his own game baffles me. He can get as many triple-doubles as he pleases, I'd without question take 3 point guards ahead of him right now.

I would take more than that.

Curry
Irving
Paul
Kemba
Simmons
Trae

« Reply #423 on: April 17, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I find it very frustrating because Westbrook used to be one of my favorite players in the league.  Hopefully he has some sort of epiphany after the Thunder get bounced again.  The worst thing that could happen would be a rally to beat Portland. 

In an ideal scenario, Westbrook should become a combo guard who shares PG duties with a skilled shooter and distributor.  He needs to develop a consistent corner three.  This would allow him to attack closeouts and get easy buckets off of backdoor cuts.  A shift in style of play would also allow him to wreak havoc on the defensive end of the floor.  Unfortunately, OKC has zero cap flexibility and a mediocre roster.  Maybe they can work out some sort of trade for a 32 year old Gordan Dragic.  He'd be a much better fit off their bench than Schroeder. 

It's going to be difficult for the Thunder to maximize the remaining years of Paul George's prime.     

« Reply #424 on: April 17, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol 2nd straight night I went to bed thinking one thing, and then waking up to a surprise.

Warriors up 30+, then LAC cuts it to 11, GSW extends it to 15 and I go to sleep thinking GSW hangs on.

Last night, go to bed with SAS up 18 thinking they're going up 2-0. But DEN comes back.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #425 on: April 17, 2019, 10:37:34 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Lol 2nd straight night I went to bed thinking one thing, and then waking up to a surprise.

Warriors up 30+, then LAC cuts it to 11, GSW extends it to 15 and I go to sleep thinking GSW hangs on.

Last night, go to bed with SAS up 18 thinking they're going up 2-0. But DEN comes back.

The lesson is: never sleep.

It really has been remarkable how the later games have been the more exciting ones, and how many of them have wound up really good (this week anyway). There's only been one thriller in the East - G1 Raptors-Magic.

« Reply #426 on: April 17, 2019, 11:17:58 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Lillard might be my favorite non-Celtic.

That was fun to watch last night.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #427 on: April 17, 2019, 09:43:40 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Milwaukee Bucks are just hanging in there in Game 2. Hope the Pistons can put a dent to them. Would do us a huge favor.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #428 on: April 17, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Not fair to Utah. Houston are just a match made in hell for them. Any other team barring Golden State, they could beat.

« Reply #429 on: April 17, 2019, 09:56:00 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Watching Rubio trying to guard Harden is comical.  And sad.  Utah has exactly a 0% chance of winning the series unless Harden goes down with an injury.

« Reply #430 on: April 17, 2019, 09:58:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Pistons putting a solid fight tonight, but man without Griffin the rest of this series, MIL literally can just roll to the 2nd round with a sweep. Maybe there's one close game at Detroit, but I think MIL wins that and that's it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #431 on: April 17, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Milwaukee Bucks are just hanging in there in Game 2. Hope the Pistons can put a dent to them. Would do us a huge favor.

Detroit Pistons are just a sad excuse of a team in the playoffs lol.

« Reply #432 on: April 17, 2019, 10:56:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Not fair to Utah. Houston are just a match made in hell for them. Any other team barring Golden State, they could beat.

FTFY. They'll curb stomp Golden State. They're just too athletic. Their bench will overpower the Warriors' laughable bench.

« Reply #433 on: April 18, 2019, 01:03:26 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

FTFY. They'll curb stomp Golden State. They're just too athletic. Their bench will overpower the Warriors' laughable bench.

Think they mean Utah could beat any other Western team but Golden State. Very possibly true but Golden State/Houston II is gonna be something.

« Reply #434 on: April 18, 2019, 01:10:01 AM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Golden state Houston and Toronto Celtics/bucks will be amazing series.