Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 607995 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #975 on: May 24, 2023, 09:48:37 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Win tomorrow and they are right where they were vs the Bucks and the Sixers.

Heat were down 3-2 last season and forced a game 7

Can't continue to think Martin and Vincent play this well while Brogdan and Brown play this poorly

« Reply #976 on: May 24, 2023, 10:09:51 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Last night this team held up a tight defensive scheme and found the cracks in Miami's. The rifts that they found in Miami's walls are structural and will be there every game for the rest of the series, just waiting to be exploited. As long as Tatum, Brown, Smart and the rest of the Clan maintain their poise and pride, then I then I see boundless victory in our future and look forward to meeting the Heat back in Boston for Game 7.

We are bloodied but we are not beaten. It is time for this team to silence the doubt and take their place in the pantheon of Boston Sports Legends.

Thursday Night... WE RIDE!

« Reply #977 on: May 24, 2023, 11:42:48 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
It might be my green glasses but the Heat looked like a punched out fighter in game 4. Butler looked gassed.

« Reply #978 on: May 24, 2023, 11:58:16 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Can't continue to think Martin and Vincent play this well while Brogdan and Brown play this poorly
not really. we only had to win 2 straight in those not 4

can we handle the pressure and psychological issues?  when is the last time miami has lost 4 straight in a playoff?

Exactly what part of this post is designed to make me feel good? The distinct and blatant lack of optimism in this post is an affront to very tenants and ideals of the Feel Good Pep Rally Thread.

Take your bellyaching, negative, pessimistic posts to the "Do you still believe" thread.

« Reply #979 on: May 24, 2023, 12:58:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Last night this team held up a tight defensive scheme and found the cracks in Miami's. The rifts that they found in Miami's walls are structural and will be there every game for the rest of the series, just waiting to be exploited. As long as Tatum, Brown, Smart and the rest of the Clan maintain their poise and pride, then I then I see boundless victory in our future and look forward to meeting the Heat back in Boston for Game 7.

We are bloodied but we are not beaten. It is time for this team to silence the doubt and take their place in the pantheon of Boston Sports Legends.

Thursday Night... WE RIDE!
Agreed. The Celtics are the more physical team, if they play we way they are capable of. Position-by-position, they are a bit bigger too. Miami has a good defensive scheme but I get the sense they cannot handle drives to the basket so well. I agree with others who say Miami will stick with the zone. It's their only chance to stop hot outside shooting by the C's. In the spirit of this thread, I'm optimistic for Game 5.

« Reply #980 on: May 24, 2023, 01:15:34 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
It might be my green glasses but the Heat looked like a punched out fighter in game 4. Butler looked gassed.

I admit it could be just a reaction to losing, and I could be be wearing glasses as well....but they did look like they had a feeling of doubt set in. Like they know not ending this in 4 was a mistake.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #981 on: May 24, 2023, 01:54:22 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

can we handle the pressure and psychological issues?  when is the last time miami has lost 4 straight in a playoff?

Exactly what part of this post is designed to make me feel good? The distinct and blatant lack of optimism in this post is an affront to very tenants and ideals of the Feel Good Pep Rally Thread.

Take your bellyaching, negative, pessimistic posts to the "Do you still believe" thread.

LOL. TP
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #982 on: May 24, 2023, 02:42:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

tp to smartacus for keeping this thread on track.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #983 on: May 24, 2023, 03:04:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I admit it could be just a reaction to losing, and I could be be wearing glasses as well....but they did look like they had a feeling of doubt set in. Like they know not ending this in 4 was a mistake.

Yeah, I hope I see that look again tomorrow night.

« Reply #984 on: May 24, 2023, 04:33:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hard work and committing to defense is what won the game, not optimism..............

« Reply #985 on: May 24, 2023, 05:41:18 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
Hard work and committing to defense is what won the game, not optimism..............

And yet, if we're going to do right by the 'fanatic' in fan, we have to embrace the optimism - however blindly (and doubly so if it's especially bleak).
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.