Author Topic: What’s been our most impressive win this season?  (Read 1426 times)

What’s been our most impressive win this season?
« on: April 20, 2024, 08:04:00 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
Meaning a win over a good team when they’re best players played?

Re: What’s been our most impressive win this season?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 08:10:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!
The Wolves game at home where the Celtics cameback and won in OT with JT coming up huge

That was such an electric game with an electric finish and amazing atmosphere all around

If the Wolves want to beat the Nuggets next round and face us in the Finals I'd be all for it too
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 08:16:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We've beaten every team in the East when they've had their best players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 06:47:41 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 179
The Wolves game at home where the Celtics cameback and won in OT with JT coming up huge

That was such an electric game with an electric finish and amazing atmosphere all around

If the Wolves want to beat the Nuggets next round and face us in the Finals I'd be all for it too

Yeah the jays scored 80 points in that game and it took over time to beat the wolves without Gobert and then got absolutely smoked by the bucks the next night

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 07:15:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1554
The next 16 in increasing order.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 12:17:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah the jays scored 80 points in that game and it took over time to beat the wolves without Gobert and then got absolutely smoked by the bucks the next night

Celtics didn’t have Porzingis

Try again  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 03:07:16 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
So a T-Wolves game against Gobert and a win against a flawed Bucks team in November.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 03:25:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Is this really a who have we beaten thread for a team that won 64 games? Lets try to make some sense here. I get the loss yesterday sucked.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 03:43:09 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
Is this really a who have we beaten thread for a team that won 64 games? Lets try to make some sense here. I get the loss yesterday sucked.

I'm not concerned about the Heat - we'll beat them (although I think it'll take 6).  I started the thread before the playoffs.  Someone had started a thread about what keeps us up at night?  The lack of a signature win does it for me.  I'm still betting them making the Finals, but I think we lose if Denver is the other team.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 04:06:14 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

Celtics didn’t have Porzingis

Try again  :)

True, either way the wolves were on the second night of a back to back  on the road and we were both without our big men, I’ll actually agree it was our best win of the season but was kinda a struggle

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 04:09:18 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

This thread was started well before the loss last night, every thing went the Celtics way this season, matched up against good eastern teams early on before other teams found their groove, matched up with a lot of teams that weren’t at full strength, most of their losses were what should’ve been statement wins against actual real competition. Get over yourself and answer the question, what was there most impressive win this season?

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2024, 04:57:04 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2024, 05:05:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

This thread was started well before the loss last night, every thing went the Celtics way this season, matched up against good eastern teams early on before other teams found their groove, matched up with a lot of teams that weren’t at full strength, most of their losses were what should’ve been statement wins against actual real competition. Get over yourself and answer the question, what was there most impressive win this season?

52 point win over warriors?
28 point stomping of full strength Dallas?
Blowing out clippers on road?
Coasting to victories on road in LA?
Beating full strength Philly on road?
Blowing out thunder by 35?

I think we beat every team in league except Denver? Like I said this is a bit silly for a 64 win team.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 05:48:35 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2024, 07:25:49 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday

52 point win over warriors?
28 point stomping of full strength Dallas?
Blowing out clippers on road?
Coasting to victories on road in LA?
Beating full strength Philly on road?
Blowing out thunder by 35?

I think we beat every team in league except Denver? Like I said this is a bit silly for a 64 win team.

POinttaken on Dallas and Philly - I admit that Philly would be a contender with a health Embiid (as he was for at least one of the wins the Celtics had).  The Clippers were down Paul George and Oklahoma City didn't have SGA. The Lakers have been inconsistent but yes, they do have two legit stars.  The Clippers didn't have Kawhi.