Author Topic: T Will Having Minor Surgery  (Read 8182 times)

Re: T Will Having Minor Surgery
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 02:25:28 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I, for one, hope this means T-Will will come back to the C's.

I don't know why everyone is ridiculing at him for getting surgery. Then again people aren't exactly the nicest posters when posting about Rondo, Jeff Green, Pierce, or Bradley/etc.

Everyone makes dumb mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance, especially if it means they can provide to be an asset at a low cost.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I don't know why everyone is ridiculing at him for getting surgery. Then again people aren't exactly the nicest posters when posting about Rondo, Jeff Green, Pierce, or Bradley/etc.

Everyone makes dumb mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance, especially if it means they can provide to be an asset at a low cost.
Wasn't TWill getting back into the league this year his 2nd or 3rd second chance? How many second chances are you due before its time to say goodbye?

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Wasn't TWill getting back into the league this year his 2nd or 3rd second chance? How many second chances are you due before its time to say goodbye?
How about the Celtics give him two chances?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Again, we don't know the actual story behind what happened. Yes, wielding a gun in front of his son isn't smart either. But like I said, until everything is proven, and the fact hes in Boston working out with the Celtics shows he has a good chance of coming back.

I think after he went to China, the revelation hit him. He's a lottery pick that is now a journeyman who has had successful seasons in the Nets and Rockets, but was dropped simply because he wasn't worth it. That would fuel a fire in me.

Think about it this way, many Celtic blog users are saying we should try to take a stab at Greg Oden. While he isn't no angel, especially since he dealt with a jealous woman who put his naked photos all over the internet. We're willing to take a stab at him for his untapped potential.

Same should go for T-Will.

I don't advocate or like the fact he used a gun. And I'm not proclaiming I'm some hood rat or from the ghetto. But I've seen situations and circumstances, where people who feel threatened will fight back with dangerous weapons.

We're targeting him as the bad guy, when we aren't even giving him a chance to really explain himself.

All I can say is he's still a lottery talent pick. At glimpses he's shown superb control over the team, is quick, very athletic, can drive to the hoop, and his defense is solid. I'll take a chance on allowing him to come back, but make it a given if anything happens again that he'll be shown the door.

And besides T-Will didn't even kill or shoot anyone. I don't need my basketball players to be Rhode scholars, or valedictorians of their schools... Just play good basketball, stay out of trouble, and hustle hard. 

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And besides T-Will didn't even kill or shoot anyone. I don't need my basketball players to be Rhode scholars, or valedictorians of their schools... Just play good basketball, stay out of trouble, and hustle hard. 

How are those working out?

Play good basketball...  not so much.

Stay out of trouble...  nope.

Hustle hard...  Historically, this hasn't been a strong suit, either.

I've given him a chance as a player, and as a human being.  He seemingly sucks at both.

Now, I'm giving him a chance at comic relief.  So far, so good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I've given him a chance as a player, and as a human being.  He seemingly sucks at both.

I'm 75% sure he'll stay. Even if it means for 'comic relief.' If someone like D-West gets plenty of chances then I see a silver lining for him.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Here is what I know about domestic violence episodes.

1. Its pretty much a he said she said thing unless there are marks left on a person or witnesses.
2. A large portion of DV victims never report the crime
3. Another large portion of these crimes have the charges dropped because the victim won't press charges
4. A whole lot of law enforcement don't see DV as a crime and won't do much about these episodes.
5. This was definitely a DV situation.

Just because charges are not brought up against TWill doesn't mean he didn't do it, especially when it comes to DV. What is known is he brandished a gun during an argument with his ex/wife/girlfriend in front of his son. That's bad judgment and its not the first time his bad judgment and personal issues has effected his chances to make it in the league.

He is a marginal NBA player at the very best. I will give 2nd chances to guys who might screw up once or twice but habitual knuckleheads with non-guaranteed contracts, them I would trade in a heartbeat.

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

We don't even know the full story of his situation therefore we can't judge that. He had his kids with him again this weekend,so obviously the kid's mother isn't too afraid or threatened by him.

And to say that he sucks as a human being is a little far, considering you don't know him personally. Talk about his basketball skills, but you can't judge his life outside of sports.

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 03:04:24 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

1. Its pretty much a he said she said thing unless there are marks left on a person or witnesses.
3. Another large portion of these crimes have the charges dropped because the victim won't press charges
4. A whole lot of law enforcement don't see DV as a crime and won't do much about these episodes.

Just because charges are not brought up against TWill doesn't mean he didn't do it, especially when it comes to DV. What is known is he brandished a gun during an argument with his ex/wife/girlfriend in front of his son. That's bad judgment and its not the first time his bad judgment and personal issues has effected his chances to make it in the league.

He is a marginal NBA player at the very best. I will give 2nd chances to guys who might screw up once or twice but habitual knuckleheads with non-guaranteed contracts, them I would trade in a heartbeat.

I agree on that, but I want to hear the full story. Because in a statement that the mother made SHE approached him and was kicking his car for him to get out because he supposedly said something bad about one of her other kids. When he wouldn't get out the car she got angry. So it's more to this story than just her being a victim. Especially if she had her boyfriend approach the car as well.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 03:10:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I agree on that, but I want to hear the full story. Because in a statement that the mother made SHE approached him and was kicking his car for him to get out because he supposedly said something bad about one of her other kids. When he wouldn't get out the car she got angry. So it's more to this story than just her being a victim. Especially if she had her boyfriend approach the car as well.
So I guess leaving the area or driving away wasn't an option then, huh? The only option was to get out of the car and pull out a gun in a threatening manner?

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think you are crossing a fairly disgusting line there kgainez

No doubt.

Labeling others as racists / as being prejudiced (especially without any proof) would pretty clearly be against our rules.

didn't throw out any labels
just said there are undertones of stuff
more than one thing

i just think it's kinda crazy how we can be so judgemental about someone's personal life and situations when we know nothing about it. as far as t-will, i know many women who have cried wolf in domestic violence situations. i know many ppl who end up in the wrong place at the wrong times and i know people who are genuinely uninvolved in things we THINK they are.

all i'm saying.
but no, let's laugh at this guy.
cuz of reasons.

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

No doubt.

Labeling others as racists / as being prejudiced (especially without any proof) would pretty clearly be against our rules.

more than one thing

i just think it's kinda crazy how we can be so judgemental about someone's personal life and situations when we know nothing about it. as far as t-will, i know many women who have cried wolf in domestic violence situations. i know many ppl who end up in the wrong place at the wrong times and i know people who are genuinely uninvolved in things we THINK they are.

all i'm saying.
cuz of reasons.
1. Yeah you didn't throw out any labels you just stated that people were joking about black players and wondered if T Will was white what the reaction would be. That's like claiming you didn't start a fire, you just lit a match and threw it on some spilled gasoline.

2. The number of women falsely claiming DV is very small. Filing a false claim of DV is against the law and that will be prosecuted. For that reason, the number is tiny.

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

No doubt.

more than one thing

all i'm saying.
cuz of reasons.
1. Yeah you didn't throw out any labels you just stated that people were joking about black players and wondered if T Will was white what the reaction would be. That's like claiming you didn't start a fire, you just lit a match and threw it on some spilled gasoline.

2. The number of women falsely claiming DV is very small. Filing a false claim of DV is against the law and that will be prosecuted. For that reason, the number is tiny.

you guys just love statistics, dont you?
I guess you missed the point that said >I KNEW<

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... i know people who are genuinely uninvolved in things we THINK they are.

Even going by Williams' own words, he did the wrong thing.

As for his career, I hope his surgery was successful, and that he enjoys another successful season in the Chinese Basketball Association.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
... i know people who are genuinely uninvolved in things we THINK they are.

Even going by Williams' own words, he did the wrong thing.

As for his career, I hope his surgery was successful, and that he enjoys another successful season in the Chinese Basketball Association.

I'm going to get some comic relief when he shows up on the roster this upcoming season.