Author Topic: Blow it up Danny!.....  (Read 17956 times)

Re: Blow it up Danny!.....
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Roster needs overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time.

There are 2 paths really...go all in with kyrie and try to get AD or kyrie walks and you build around a young core.

God I’m hoping for the second option.
So you want endless mediocrity and a bunch of first round exits? No young player on this team has shown me that they are worth building a team around. Al least with the first option we have a chance of being something special.
Don't you too dream of being the Joe Johnson Atlanta Hawks?

Honestly, I'm like 98% of the way towards rather being the Joe Johnson Hawks then have to root for Kyrie Irving next year.

I'd still rather, as of right now, keep Kyrie and trade for Davis (I'd trade one of the jay's not both) and go that direction right now because thats the bets way to win the soonest. But I'd be lying if I said that was the team I'd most enjoy, because Kyrie and Davis don't make it easy.

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2019, 10:59:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Roster needs overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time.

There are 2 paths really...go all in with kyrie and try to get AD or kyrie walks and you build around a young core.

That's funny, I'm hoping for the 1st. Guarantee Giannis wouldn't be as comfortable if AD was on our team and a second option for Kyrie to pass the ball to.

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

That's funny, I'm hoping for the 1st. Guarantee Giannis wouldn't be as comfortable if AD was on our team and a second option for Kyrie to pass the ball to.

I'm hoping for the first, too. The 2nd is no guarantee they will contend anytime soon. And then we end up happening to rebuild after that "rebuild." It's wasting time and it's not going to work.

Go all out. Win chip. Figure out the rest later.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2019, 11:17:26 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I know that the talk is mainly on Kyrie right now, and rightfully so, but what about Hayward?

Specifically, what if Hayward never returns to form? Even when people were claiming he was finding his stride this season, he never even came close to the player he once was. This is a guy that was a 20, 5, and 5 guy on a playoff team in a tough Western Conference. Additionally, he had a stellar playoff performance leading a mediocre Utah team past the first round averaging over 24 points per game. He's now two years removed from that season and looks, at best, like a shell of a shell of himself. I think we all forget how crucial adding Hayward was for our plans because of the emergence of Tatum, but let's not forget that Hayward was supposed to be our 2nd star. He may become our version of Chandler Parsons: a good player on a huge contract who lost his game due to injury. I'm not sure how you move forward with a guy like that.

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2019, 11:22:09 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Hayward?

Call Utah

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2019, 11:24:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
I know that the talk is mainly on Kyrie right now, and rightfully so, but what about Hayward?

Specifically, what if Hayward never returns to form? Even when people were claiming he was finding his stride this season, he never even came close to the player he once was. This is a guy that was a 20, 5, and 5 guy on a playoff team in a tough Western Conference. Additionally, he had a stellar playoff performance leading a mediocre Utah team past the first round averaging over 24 points per game. He's now two years removed from that season and looks, at best, like a shell of a shell of himself. I think we all forget how crucial adding Hayward was for our plans because of the emergence of Tatum, but let's not forget that Hayward was supposed to be our 2nd star. He may become our version of Chandler Parsons: a good player on a huge contract who lost his game due to injury. I'm not sure how you move forward with a guy like that.

If Hayward isnt gonna be at least 90% of what he once was, then we simply have to hope at least 1 of Jaylen or Jayson become that. Its not impossible, I don't think Jayson will be KD or Jaylen will be Kawhi but I think they could still reach the Hayward, Jimmy Butler type level.

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2019, 11:25:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I'm not sure why Hayward keeps getting a pass. I kept waiting for him to show up since game 1 and he didn't. Tonight, he was useless. When he has the ball in his hands, he just either passess it outside the 3 point line or turns it over.

It's so infuriating that I'm seriously considering that Cavs offer. At least we get a bunch of expiring contracts, waive Smith as only a small fraction of his contract is guaranteed and then we'll have serious cap space in 2020 (if Horford is off the books as well.)

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2019, 11:27:59 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

He have to more season for that. You don't sell any players low, unless you are rebuilding and trying to get rid of contracts.

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2019, 11:40:16 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I'm not sure why Hayward keeps getting a pass. I kept waiting for him to show up since game 1 and he didn't. Tonight, he was useless. When he has the ball in his hands, he just either passess it outside the 3 point line or turns it over.

It's so infuriating that I'm seriously considering that Cavs offer. At least we get a bunch of expiring contracts, waive Smith as only a small fraction of his contract is guaranteed and then we'll have serious cap space in 2020 (if Horford is off the books as well.)

Hayward gets no pass he is terrible right now. But... who got him hurt and ruined Hayward career?

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2019, 11:41:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Hayward gets no pass he is terrible right now. But... who got him hurt and ruined Hayward career?

Are you blaming Kyrie for that?

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2019, 11:41:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Lebum and crybaby crowder

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Best-case scenario, we keep Kyrie and trade for Davis without giving up Tatum. 

Unlikely on a number of levels, but I'm holding out hope. 

Should be a compelling offseason regardless. 

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I think its a real question of whether you would rather keep Tatum or Brown right now. I think brown might be a better fit for a team with AD regardless.

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2019, 05:03:40 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I think its a real question of whether you would rather keep Tatum or Brown right now. I think brown might be a better fit for a team with AD regardless.
Definitely would rather keep Tatum.  He still has superstar potential.  I still find it unlikely that Brown will ever be an allstar.

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2019, 05:15:32 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Hopefully in a few weeks the Anthony Davis trade to Boston, or not, will be resolved.