Author Topic: Celtics to announce jersey sponsor  (Read 7548 times)

Re: Celtics to announce jersey sponsor
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
First look at the new jersey with the GE badge;

https://t.co/N3RV53ceU0

Pretty discreet. Not bad at all.

Yeah it works well. Not a fan of the idea, but I understand it business wise and the ownership did well picking who they'd use. But of course it could have been crap luck and GE just gave them the biggest check. Just glade it's not McD's or Toco Bell. That would have look like crap. (theres a bad joke there some wheres)

On a side note, how much do these companies actually gain from these kind of advertisements. If they are paying 7 mill a year to put their name on a jersey, are they getting more in return in sales? 

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 10:29:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
real question is apart from GE getting some tax benefits from this does doing this actually move the needle for GE products?

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
real question is apart from GE getting some tax benefits from this does doing this actually move the needle for GE products?

Boston is our countries biotech capital.   I say absolutely Yes.   

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
How long until this leads to them looking like the WNBA jerseys where the little patch on the shoulder is the team logo and the ads run across the chest???

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:54 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
First look at the new jersey with the GE badge;

https://t.co/N3RV53ceU0

Pretty discreet. Not bad at all.

Yeah it works well. Not a fan of the idea, but I understand it business wise and the ownership did well picking who they'd use. But of course it could have been crap luck and GE just gave them the biggest check. Just glade it's not McD's or Toco Bell. That would have look like crap. (theres a bad joke there some wheres)

On a side note, how much do these companies actually gain from these kind of advertisements. If they are paying 7 mill a year to put their name on a jersey, are they getting more in return in sales?

GE sells some pretty expensive equipment into the healthcare sector.   They realistically only need to see a dozen new deals to cover the 10-15M investment.   Lots of decision makers in that industry hang out here and root for the C's (myself included).   With how many successful startups, and medical professionals come out of Boston, GE stands to gain big on this sponsorship. 

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Would also improve access for talent and intellectual capital:

"The Demographics Behind GE's HQ Move To Boston: Young Talent Is On The Move"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petesaunders1/2016/04/19/business-goes-where-talent-flows/#75659c1e5d63
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:48:30 PM by colincb »

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 12:13:02 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Def a good move for the Celtics, considering GE's medical device/healthcare analytics. This is a move that will help keep players healthy, as well as enable more players to reach their prime.

Regarding the traditionalists who care about outfits- why do you care so much? They've run out all sorts of silly outfits. I never noticed them. Why does a patch matter?

I'm more concerned about building a winner than "having to wear a patch". I think the Celtics management agrees.