Author Topic: Jaylen Brown won't take part in dunk contest  (Read 4726 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown won't take part in dunk contest
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 03:23:13 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
If losing one week of work was so insignificant, I think everyone around Brown would have told him, instead of letting him work "for nothing". There's people in his staff who know and are able to tell him the implications of his participation, and who are more qualified than us (I hope)

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 06:48:22 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
"to focus all my energy on being ready to help my team."

Translation, "I am chicken I won't win."   

I am ok with it if he has a nagging injury, is he does not then it is what it is folks.
I wouldn't go that far, but maybe he is worried about doing very poorly.  He seems like more of a powerful in game dunker than a creative contest guy.  Plus, I know he is supposed to be a very confident person but from what I see from his on court body language, he looks very shy on the court and isn't out of his shell yet.  He may not want that attention, especially if he thinks he won't do well.

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 06:52:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

love the kid, you'd be surprise how much 1 week of practice can do for anyone
but you miss out on a lot of potential learning opportunities when you aren't around guys at the all star game.  Imagine what you could overhear in that setting.  Imagine being able to pull a veteran aside from another team and ask some questions.  Maybe just participating brings a whole new attitude and confidence to his game.  I can't believe he turned it down.  Seems like the wrong move to me (unless he is injured or has a personal conflict).

He'll still be there that weekend at the rookie/sophomore game.
he isn't in that game
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 09:14:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I suspect Jaylen is just reacting to not being named to that young stars squad, which looks political, from the mish mash of rookies and non rookies. He deserved it, but he doesn't get enough minutes from Stevens, as the story goes.

I'm glad he turned it down. I think dunking is league marketing BS anyways. Plus Dee Brown wrecked his career blowing a knee dunking in one of these all star shows.

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 09:19:14 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599

Translation, "I am chicken I won't win."   

I am ok with it if he has a nagging injury, is he does not then it is what it is folks.
I wouldn't go that far, but maybe he is worried about doing very poorly.  He seems like more of a powerful in game dunker than a creative contest guy.  Plus, I know he is supposed to be a very confident person but from what I see from his on court body language, he looks very shy on the court and isn't out of his shell yet.  He may not want that attention, especially if he thinks he won't do well.

Smart people tends to be an introvert.