Author Topic: Tatum and Holiday make Olympic Team  (Read 1984 times)

Tatum and Holiday make Olympic Team
« on: April 16, 2024, 06:12:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
11 of the 12 announced includes Tatum and Holiday.  Along with Lebron, Steph, KD, Embiid, Booker, AD, Ant, Bam, and Haliburton.

Can't imagine that team loses unless they end up with like 4 healthy players.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Tatum and Holiday make Olympic Team
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 08:13:35 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Don’t sleep on Canada. Their roster COULD look something like this :

- Shai Gilgeous Alexander
- Lu Dort
- Jamal Murray
- Dillon Brooks
- Andrew Wiggins
- Bennedict Mathurin
- RJ Barrett
- Chris Boucher
- Kelly Olynyk
- Shaedon Sharpe
- Dwight Powell
- Zach Edey
- Nickeil Alexander Walker
- Trey Lyles

"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I’d rather Jrue give up his spot to Jaylen or White. He’s older and we just signed him to a huge extension.

Hopefully they don’t forcefeed our guys too many minutes. But congratulations to them for making the team

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 09:19:07 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I’d rather Jrue give up his spot to Jaylen or White. He’s older and we just signed him to a huge extension.

Hopefully they don’t forcefeed our guys too many minutes. But congratulations to them for making the team

I don’t think White or Jaylen would be next in line if Jrue gave up his spot, personally.  Love them both, but I’d bet Mitchell is the next guard up.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 09:46:49 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don’t think White or Jaylen would be next in line if Jrue gave up his spot, personally.  Love them both, but I’d bet Mitchell is the next guard up.

Oh, I know that. They weren’t even mentioned as alternates - just trying to keep it in the family.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 10:18:55 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Oh, I know that. They weren’t even mentioned as alternates - just trying to keep it in the family.

Got it.  The player I’m most worried about is Porzingis.  Latvia has its last chance to qualify in a tournament that begins on July 2nd, and I believe requires playing four games over six days.  That’s a lot of games not long after the Finals for someone who missed a lot of time this year.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 01:54:41 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55

From everything I've heard, the coaches rave about Jrue - he sets the tone for the team.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 08:02:49 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I’ll make the unpopular statement: the Olympics isn’t very meaningful to me. I’ve watched less and less in general over the years and I’m not sure I’ll watch much of the basketball tournament.  Just hope no one gets hurt and they are able to rest, heal, and do some summer work.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 09:07:06 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 09:19:21 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
I’ll make the unpopular statement: the Olympics isn’t very meaningful to me. I’ve watched less and less in general over the years and I’m not sure I’ll watch much of the basketball tournament.  Just hope no one gets hurt and they are able to rest, heal, and do some summer work.

I don’t think that statement is all that unpopular among fans, NG…that said I’m the opposite, I’ve always loved the Olympics and the concept of global competition and representing your country, especially in basketball. I love the FIFA World Cup for the same reason.

I do think I’m out of step with other Americans in enjoying this though, and that your opinion is actually the popular, majority one - because we tend to play homegrown sports here in our country that nobody or few other countries play, and we’re clearly the best at them as a result, the best competitions are local or domestic, rather than international. Even basketball, which many other countries play, the NBA is clearly the highest quality competition, even if these days many of the best players in the NBA (Giannis, Luka, Shai, Jokic) are international.

While in other countries the main team sports they play tend to be ones that lots of other countries play, like soccer or rugby or cricket, and so their pinnacle of competition is international.

So basketball is probably the only other sport that has that truly international feel to it (baseball is America and East Asia centric, hockey is North and East Europe centric) where I can watch players from my favorite sport come together on a superteam and play against the rest of the world representing the American flag and for that reason I love it. I  understand why people would think it’s a waste of time though  :)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 12:55:12 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Personally I don't care that much about the Olympics. The US should win given our hoops infrastructure and population size. So its almost like there's only downside, the US wins and its "well, they should" but if they lose or even if its close the discourse gets annoying.

I suppose its nice to have guys on the Olympic team for recruiting purposes, but the c's have their team locked up long term so even that doesn't matter that much. I just want Tatum and Holiday to get through without getting injured. I get nervous when you have guys making a long playoff run followed by Olympics followed by what should be a long playoff run next year as well.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 07:44:03 AM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 120
Grant Hill presents Team USA Olympic jerseys to Tatum and Holiday

https://sports.yahoo.com/grant-hill-presents-team-usa-201829302.html

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 08:49:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970