Author Topic: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season  (Read 39028 times)

Re: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2024, 09:11:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
23s
Blockbuster: Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro-Bowl WR Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources tell ESPN.

Wow.  Josh Allen loses his top two receivers, and the Bills have no running game to speak of.  Talk about wasting an elite QB's prime.

I seem to be in the minority on this but I think the impact of the diva #1 receivers is overrated.  KC traded Hill and didn't miss a beat.  Give Josh Allen an above average offensive line and average receiving core and they will be fine.

I think you need to look at the receivers as a group, much like you do the offensive line, not necessarily just on who the best receiver is.  I don't know enough about BUF's roster to say what their 5 or 6 receivers look like, or who they will have running the ball, but I don't think a team needs a diva receiver to give a good QB a chance to win.
I tend to agree with you, however I don't think it is a bad idea for a team with a young QB still on his rookie deal to pay big money to a true and legit #1 WR.  They certainly can help the young QB.  Once you have to pay the QB, you dump the diva high paid WR though.  Tyreke Hill is a pretty good example of this.  Helped Mahomes develop, Mahomes got paid, and the Chiefs traded him.  Chiefs are still winning without him because Mahomes is that good.  Hill goes to the Dolphins who had been terrible and with Hill have at least been relevant and a playoff team while Tua develops.  Diggs wore out his welcome in Buffalo, but I do think, at least for this season, he will help Stroud and the Texans.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2024, 01:49:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Sources: The #Lions have a deal for one of the top young talents, agreeing on an extension for WR Amon-Ra St. Brown. He gets 4 years and more than $120M with $77M guaranteed.

The deal ... makes St. Brown the highest-paid WR in the NFL.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2024, 04:51:40 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are not expected to pick up quarterback Justin Fields' $25 million fifth-year option, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A first-round draft pick in 2021, Fields was traded to the Steelers by the Chicago Bears last month for a conditional sixth-round pick.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2024, 06:10:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tee Higgins is demanding a trade.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2024, 06:12:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Tee Higgins is demanding a trade.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2024, 06:42:52 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
My Bengals has 2 players demanded a trade: Trey Hendrickson & Tee Higgins…Trey just agree to an extension last season lol..ppl starving, struggling paycheck to paycheck, and lot of homeless ppl out there but players not appreciate what they got, Trey made over 50 million already smh
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #351 on: Yesterday at 06:58:29 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
18-game regular season coming near us? This is with a subtraction of a preseason game, and Superbowl weekend pushed to President's Day weekend. This'll be interesting.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)