Author Topic: Bradley decent night for Red Claws  (Read 21634 times)

Re: Bradley decent night for Red Claws
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 10:35:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Speaking of the NBADL... did anyone notice Orion Greene is playing very well? I thought that guy had NBA-talent when we drafted him lol.

He's on the list at a post at Fanhouse as one of the most likely players to earn a ten-day contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Really great to see these Claw threads being so active ... it's been a very positive thing for Portland so far, and I hope it continues.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »

Offline jasonditz

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Bradley's just barely 20 years old. I wouldn't mind seeing him play out the year in the DL and maybe start the next year there as well.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20110118/MNERGV/gameinfo.html

Another game last night:

16 points on 6-15 shooting, 3-5 from 3 point range.  Not much else.  He needs to step it up a bit.  Perhaps the slightly poor shooting can be attributed to rust?  The 3-5 from 3 point range is encouraging though.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Speaking of the NBADL... did anyone notice Orion Greene is playing very well? I thought that guy had NBA-talent when we drafted him lol.

He's on the list at a post at Fanhouse as one of the most likely players to earn a ten-day contract.

FINALLY!

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Thanks for these updates.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Looking at the box score AB had a pretty good night with 20 pts 5 asts and 3 stls.

I also saw that he was playing with Jabar Smith in the backcourt who I know was their pg before AB was sent down. Did anyone see that game? Because I would love to know if he was getting his reps at the 2 or 1 position.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 04:08:06 PM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
If anyone is going to these games or watching them could we get a report on Sims. He is a player that intrigues me. I liked him in SL a lot and am wondering if he could be our back up SF for us maybe as early as next season.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Games are viewable on NBA Futurecast. Recent game against the Vipers (best team in D league). Bradley was playing the point and pushing the bball nicely and sowing some leadership on the floor. By the end of the game however he was limping badly. Surprised they kept him in because he was clearly hurting; but he sank a late 3pt shot and was critical to the late run that they made.

First half he was matched up against Mustafa Shakur, clearly an NBA caliber player (I may be prejudiced since he went to my HS). Shakur was able to shot over Bradley so they put West on him. He made some classic rookie mistakes like not taking the ball in the backcourt off an out of bounds and getting pressed into a backcourt violation.

Anyone know if his ankle is acting up?

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Looks like he was going up against Antonio Daniels in his last game against Texas. 20 pts; but pretty bad on the plus minus.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20110121/MNETEX/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp2021000190

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20110118/MNERGV/gameinfo.html

Another game last night:

16 points on 6-15 shooting, 3-5 from 3 point range.  Not much else.  He needs to step it up a bit.  Perhaps the slightly poor shooting can be attributed to rust?  The 3-5 from 3 point range is encouraging though.

thanks again for the update. any insights you can provide are always welcome and entertaining. tp.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
I was very impressed with Matt Janning in the summer league--Danny gave an invite but Phoenix struck first--his numbers look good for the Red Claws, just curious for those who have watched, how does Janning stack up against Avery?  Von Wafer?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
The most promising is the 5-10 from the line, coming out of college his FT's were a concern. I felt like they were poor because he hardly got to the line.

The 2 TO's is also very good considering he wasn't really a true PG in Texas. 6 Asts/ 2TOs is real good for the young fella.

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 05:51:10 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

FINALLY!
I really kinda liked Orion Greene.  I didn't think he had much potential but he was a decent backup point.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
The Claws have now played two more games (last night against Texas).  Got smoked by 20-30 each night.  The Claws have no inside game  at all.

Bradley looks like the love child of Jamal Crawford and Marcus Banks, right now, IMHO.  

On defense: he simply has superior physical skills, but gets by on athleticism, not fundamental D.  He makes many spectacular plays, but he gambles; he does not respect his opponent and therefore plays poor perimeter D, right now.  He has all the potential in the world defensively.

On offense: he is a shoot-first guy, and is not a playmaker in the least.  But he can create his own jumper at will, and is a good-enough, streaky shooter.  He is a surprisingly poor finisher, but that can change.  Like Marcus Banks, he tends to "play by himself," and in the D-League at least he gets away with it.

I wish the Claws were better.  As it is they're so bad it makes it hard to scout their guys.  

I'll also mention that Bradley seems to get into some verbal situations with his teammates.  I wouldn't read to much into it, but I have noticed it.  Maybe it's just because he's new to the team.

Grade: B  When the team starts winning he can appeal his grade.

"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark