Author Topic: A great post deadline team(involving these rumors)  (Read 1163 times)

A great post deadline team(involving these rumors)
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjgnukc

BOS - Butler, Jamison, Stevenson*, Augustine
WAS - Ray,Giddens,Scal
CHA - BBD

The "iffy" part about this trade is that Ray "could possibly" be bought out. That being the case, we wouldn't need Stevenson(as I added him to start as our SG so Butler could be our Ginobli 6thman

Aside from adding millions of dollars in salary and luxury taxes, I think this trade is great. Even though Jamison is old for his big contract, he still puts up sick numbers and moves like a younger PF. Trading BBD for Augustine gives us the much need PG in our backcourt, also making House be more expendable. Stevenson(or Ray if bought out) start for 4-6 minutes, then bring in one man at a time for the bench rotation.
Rondo - 30                    Augustine - 18
Ray/Stevenson - 16            Butler - 32
Pierce - 30                   Tony/Quis - 9/9
KG - 22                       Jamison - 26
Perk - 28                     Sheed - 20
Walker/Sheldon/House can then fight over garbage time and situational time(foul trouble,injuries,rest,need for 3s)
I really feel like a trade or two like this could put us back into serious contention for the next 3-4 years. And with the size of their contracts, they can be traded down the road as well as Ray can. Do this trade, monitor the minutes, and we'll have a championship handed to us b/c no team in the league has a 12 man rotation anywhere close to this great.
Can't stop, Rondo!