Author Topic: Kings offer Jason Thompson for Troy Murphy? Could the C's get in on this ?  (Read 4411 times)

Re: Kings very interested in Troy Murphy? Could the C's get in on this ?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
According to Marc Stein the Kings offered Jason Thompson and Kenny Thomas for Murphy, and the Pacers are just waiting it out for possible better offers. Would the Kings really do this? I love Murphy as a scorer and good player, but Thompson is much younger and also pretty productive.

Saw this over on the Kings board on RealGm. What the hell is Sacramento doing? They are going to give up a young big man with a lot of potential for Murphy?
I don't believe that report for a single second.

Indiana would jump at that offer if it was actually made.

It looks that the Kings' interest in Murphy is legit, according to this report :

As of my last trade blog post, I hadn't been told that the notion of Indiana-forward-Troy Murphy-to-the-Kings was legit. That has changed, however, as sources close to the Pacers say there is significant Kings interest in the 29-year-old forward.

And while I had alluded to a possible three-team deal sending Kevin Martin to Dallas, Josh Howard and his $10.8 million expiring contract to Indiana and Murphy to Sacramento, I've been told that the Kings are pursuing a straight up deal centered around the expiring contract of Kenny Thomas ($8.5 million).

Obviously this trade scenario isn't the same that the OP described but if the Kings are really interested in Murphy (and it seems they are), then Indiana will probably do the deal in a heartbeat.

That's the type of deal the Celtics should jump into with Ray. 

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzspbhl