Author Topic: IDEA:With Washington  (Read 1562 times)

IDEA:With Washington
« on: February 10, 2010, 06:47:28 PM »

Offline nishesh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjrqecm

Boston Trades: Ray Allen, Glen Davis, Tony Allen
Boston Receives: Caron Butler, Mike Miller, and Andray Blatche

Why for Boston: We lose Ray and get a solid replacement in Caron. Caron has a 2 year contaract for about 5/8th the price, and can provide a solid 16+ points, but will also pull down 6+ rebounds. Also, Mike Miller will make up for any loss in TA, plus he can rebound and distribute at a much HIGHER level than TA. We take Andray for Washington  Cap relief but he also can pull down some boards and score 8 points a night.

Why for Washington: Instant cap relief for next year. You get Ray, who can mentor such a troubled team, TA who can provide wing defense, and Davis, who has the potential for 15 points+5 rebounds. If Ray stays constant, TA is solid with 8+ points, 3+ boards can distribute and play D, and Davis goes back playing last playoff style ball, Washington could realistically reach the playoffs, maybe even 2nd round....

NOTE TO ALL: When posting trade ideas make sure you post the correct link. After you make a trade in the trade machine, you must hit save trade and copy the url given to you above the trade, not the address bar. Recently many people have just been posting links to the trade machine blank, not their idea. If you DON'T UNDERSTAND, JUST WRITE YOU'RE IDEA OUT. Thanks

Re: IDEA:With Washington
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I don't believe it's worth messing with chemistry for role players. Caron Butler's best days are certainly behind him. None of these guys are worth the impact of trading away Allen.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:26:49 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I also decided to take a stab at the Wizards.

Ray, TA, Perk

for

Butler, Haywood, Miller, and Stevenson.

I have heard that they are definitely packaging Stevenson with Butler. We have to give up Perk to go to the head of the class to beat the young talent that other teams have since we have a bad 1st rounder to offer. This shaves 3 mill from their raw salary this year and I think that adds up to 6 mill, but I'm not positive. Just my 2 cents.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykak2lf

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:28 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
Washington will not trade Butler to save just 3 mill or so next year.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:37:47 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Washington will not trade Butler to save just 3 mill or so next year.

That's a small part of it, and I'm pretty sure it's 6. I'm not sure where the lux tax limit is. They also get Perkins, who is better than any of the other young guys they are allegedly targeting. I think it's worth exploring.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:18:44 AM »

Offline nishesh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
I agree,
I also decided to take a stab at the Wizards.

Ray, TA, Perk

for

Butler, Haywood, Miller, and Stevenson.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykak2lf

I like that a lot, as long as we get a pick. Caron replaces Ray, and Miller backs him up. Haywood of course starts at C, and Sheed backs him up. Still I'd want the pick because Danny has an amazing eye, and could pick up a Dejuan Blair like player this year. Maybe we could just swap picks and throw in House.