Author Topic: Chris Mannix on WEEI: "Butler AND Jamison available in salary dump"  (Read 11696 times)

Re: Chris Mannix on WEEI: "Butler AND Jamison available in salary dump"
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 03:20:23 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The Wizards want to get something in return.  Houston has a lot more to offer than we do in terms of young talent.

who?  I don't think they would be giving up Landry or Brooks who else do they have. 

From what I hear in DC this to clear space which means Ray could be a nice replacement for TMAC in this deal. 

wouldn't have to be either of those guys, just one of their younger prospects e.g. Chase Budinger
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 04:25:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Wizards want to get something in return.  Houston has a lot more to offer than we do in terms of young talent.

who?  I don't think they would be giving up Landry or Brooks who else do they have. 

From what I hear in DC this to clear space which means Ray could be a nice replacement for TMAC in this deal. 

Again bird, go find me a deal for established NBA players that had nothing attached outside of an expiring deal.

The closest we've ever done is Wally, West, and a pick for ray, and even then, west was a young, talented guard that teams were interested in.

We don't even have a guy as attractive as west, outside MABEY ta since his recent streak has put him back on the map...but i don't want to give up TA, because he's one of the lone bright spots on the bench right now.
The Ray deal and the Gasol trade are the two recent examples. Both had okay prospects and players going to a team for an all-star.

The problem is we don't even have that okay player to send....
Depends on what people's view of Davis is.  I also would probably throw in Perkins if we got both Butler and Jamison (hey maybe we could even get Haywood back in return).  Also, some teams might find value in the Turkish kid the C's drafted (erden).  Maybe they think he will be like Marc Gasol or something.

People forget the Grizzlies got Marc Gasol, Crittenton, 08 1st (Donte Greene, who memphis traded but who has played well enough), and a 2010 1st.  Sure it was a great deal for the Lakers, but Marc Gasol has played well and they still have an extra 1st this summer and both Greene and Crittenton had shown some flashes of skill.

Do we really have to talk about Marc Gasol again? Everybody knows at the time, he wasn't much of a prospect at all. In retrospect, it worked out quite well for Memphis, but he had just been chosen in the middle of 2nd round. Frankly, a deal with Ray, Big Baby, and a first would easily get this done, as Big Baby is thought of much more highly now than Gasol was at the time.

Crownsy, I understand your frustration in listening to everybody talk about how we are going to get the world for Ray's expiring, but there will be other pieces and I am sure one of those pieces will be a first rounder.

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Like I said, the Spurs used junk expiring to get Jefferson. We have a name to go along with our expiring and this summer has some of the best gifts for those who get under the cap.

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Like I said, the Spurs used junk expiring to get Jefferson. We have a name to go along with our expiring and this summer has some of the best gifts for those who get under the cap.

It has three gifts, really, and it's an absolutely huge gamble that any of those three will move, considering what they are worth to thier respective franchises and that those same franchises have bird rights.

Bosh will move, certainly, but I predict melo, bron, and wade are staying in the exact same uniforms for the max.

NJ has an inside track, due to the brookline move and one of Bron's best friends being an owner, but I'll still believe it when i see it about this supposed fire sale by teams to get under the cap.

It's always pointed too, but so far, with what...8 days to go? no teams have appeared in that mode. some have hinted they are looking to move players, but not for expirings only.

If some crazy deal falls into our lap that involves ray allen, sure, i'd consider it. But i think hell has a better chance of freezing over than we get an impact player, straight up or + one of our trash parts. Hope i'm wrong though.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 04:51:06 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Melo signed longterm I think.

Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Amare
Boozer
Joe Johnson
Nowitzki (maybe)
Rudy Gay
David Lee

It is overrated, but if you have a good destination you have to think about clearing room.

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
woo hoo, I guess Mannix was right. I would post this on  the front page , but it says I am blocked for some reason

anyways this would be a great trade for the next few years and Jamison comes off the books with KG and Sheed so we will still have a ton of cap room in 2012 .