Poll

Does Taco make the team

Yes. Taco time is here to stay.
92 (61.7%)
No. No room for Tacos
57 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year  (Read 61408 times)

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2019, 06:52:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
If Im on the Celtics marketing team

I want Tacko in Celtics Green .

Tp Shaq

« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Why won't the Celtics sign him to a two way contract and see what happens in Maine before giving up on 7'6" who showed some promise this past season in college

My guess is they will probably do that. Apparently, they just turned Theis into a UFA--maybe to free up roster space. I saw that on twitter yesterday.

Austin Ainge signed Tacko, and loves the guy. I heard him during one of the games. Danny was sitting next to Tacko that last Memphis game they won, where Tacko and Robert both looked very good. And Tacko has shown great fan appeal already. He can sell tickets.

Danny is in a bit of a bind now. He signed two guys, Poirier and Strus, to contracts (latter 2-way), before summer league. Strus didn't show much in the summer league, and Poirier didn't play. I can't see Strus for his lack of athleticism. Poirier is a questionmark. He's got a few kids who have looked great in the summer league,

They'll have to sort this out in the pre-season games.

« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why won't the Celtics sign him to a two way contract and see what happens in Maine before giving up on 7'6" who showed some promise this past season in college

My guess is they will probably do that. Apparently, they just turned Theis into a UFA--maybe to free up roster space. I saw that on twitter yesterday.

Austin Ainge signed Tacko, and loves the guy. I heard him during one of the games. Danny was sitting next to Tacko that last Memphis game they won, where Tacko and Robert both looked very good. And Tacko has shown great fan appeal already. He can sell tickets.

Danny is in a bit of a bind now. He signed two guys, Poirier and Strus, to contracts (latter 2-way), before summer league. Strus didn't show much in the summer league, and Poirier didn't play. I can't see Strus for his lack of athleticism. Poirier is a questionmark. He's got a few kids who have looked great in the summer league,

Theis being turned into an UFA was a technicality to be able to sign him to a higher yearly value on his contract using cap space. He is signed at 2 years and $10 million total.

« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586

Theis being turned into an UFA was a technicality to be able to sign him to a higher yearly value on his contract using cap space. He is signed at 2 years and $10 million total.

TP to Nick for quashing Theis contract rumors before they turned into a package deal for Blake Griffin....or whichever old, expensive guy you want to throw in there.

« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge has signed Theis and Wanamaker today, according to twitter.

Chris Forsberg also tweeted  Ainge said Tacko Fall's development is a "high priority" for the Celtics. I take that as meaning he will be signed to a contract and probably go to Maine.

It looks to me Danny is going bigger up front to counter contending teams like Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee and the western teams.

« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
General manager Danny Ainge was asked about Fall during a news conference on Wednesday.

"He's a great kid, he's working really hard, we want to take his development very seriously," Ainge said, via WEEI.

"He's a high priority for us to try to really develop into a player."

The Celtics have an open roster spot, which Fall could fill, after they waived forward Guerschon Yabusele earlier this month.

"I think that Tacko is going to have a chance to make the roster, but we'll see," Ainge said. "He's here working out right now, brought him in for a few days. We see some upside there, we're excited about him."

Fall averaged 7.2 points and 1.4 blocks while shooting 77 per cent from the field during his time with the Celtics in the summer league.

"You know, some of the plays he makes are hilarious, because you just don't see them," Ainge said. "I mean, guards get in a bind and they just throw the ball up in the air and then Tacko grabs them and tip-toe dunks them into the basket. It just looks like it's a senior in high school playing against fourth-graders sometimes out there."

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So by saying it's a high priority to develop Tacko into a player, is Ainge saying he isn't a player now?

This sounds to me like they may not let him hit waivers, perhaps getting one of the two way contracts. I just don't see Danny giving a 15 man roster slot to a complete project, not when so much of the roster has so little NBA experience and are a bunch of projects in their own right.

But maybe Ainge puts a fire under Stevens to develop some of these guys under the fire of rotational playing time and, if the losses pile up, Danny will live with a so so record in this transitional year. Better to find out quickly what you have in a transitional year and live with the won loss record, even if it's not good(so maybe semi-tanking for just one year while the youth develops with Kemba leading them). It will be good to know by the draft next year whether Tacko and the Williams kids have what it takes to make up a highly functional frontcourt.

Hope for the best with this kid as he is genuinely a great story and, from what I have read and seen, a pretty nice guy. If he is to ever to become something in this league, I hope it's as a Celtic. I just don't expect it to happen.

« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2019, 10:53:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He's not a project. He's 24 December 10th.

He's ready right now to shut Down Embiid, Drummond, Marc Gasol, and any other fool dumb enough to drive through Tacko Bell.

7'7" 300 pounds of Tackos coming to a theater near you.

« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2019, 11:02:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He's ready right now to shut Down Embiid, Drummond, Marc Gasol, and any other fool dumb enough to drive through Tacko Bell.

Man, please stop. If Tacko can't stop Zion how will he stop Embiid?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136

Tacko did stop Zion unfortunately the officials stopped Tacko.   

« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2019, 11:30:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

He really didn't. I get that Zion shot worse than normal (a mere 50% from the field!), but watching that game I got no feeling that Tacko was stopping Zion. He definitely was impacting him, but Zion was way too agile for Tacko to deal with. And that is without the defensive 3 second rule.

« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2019, 04:29:11 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He really didn't. I get that Zion shot worse than normal (a mere 50% from the field!), but watching that game I got no feeling that Tacko was stopping Zion. He definitely was impacting him, but Zion was way too agile for Tacko to deal with. And that is without the defensive 3 second rule.

What? How about when Tacko stuffed him twice on the same possession. Or the other time He blocked Zion.

The and 1 at the end of the game was a BS call. Tacko played great.

The previous game tournament game Tacko had 13 points 18 boards and 4 blocks vs VCU

« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2019, 04:32:28 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

What? How about when Tacko stuffed him twice on the same possession. Or the other time He blocked Zion.

The and 1 at the end of the game was a BS call. Tacko played great.

The previous game tournament game Tacko had 13 points 18 boards and 4 blocks vs VCU
Those are select plays in a game where Zion still scored 30+ in a competition where defensive 3 second violations aren't a thing. Embiid is much bigger and craftier than Zion and is perhaps the strongest big man in the NBA (that is a rotational player). Tacko isn't some mystical saviour that will stop Embiid and Giannis

« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2019, 07:55:52 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

If I'm on the Red Claws marketing team

I want Tacko in Red Claws Red!

« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2019, 08:15:08 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

If I'm on the Red Claws marketing team
I want Tacko in Red Claws Red!
If Tacko makes the 15 man roster how much is he allowed to play with Red Claws.