Poll

Does Taco make the team

Yes. Taco time is here to stay.
92 (61.7%)
No. No room for Tacos
57 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year  (Read 62686 times)

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2019, 05:03:49 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
In some ways .....im wondering if Tacko might be more popular with Boston fans than Kyrie ever was.
i believe he may be so already.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
he ll make Boston , Wyc who ever 1000 times over the money he will be paid .....jerseys, TV advertising ,  publicity ,   and TACO sales at the food stands will increase 1000%

I can't wait for Shaq to interview him ,  and he has to LOOK UP ...

very rare !

If i was Danny , I d pay KG and or Shaq, Duncan  to teach him.

« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2019, 11:29:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Most likely, there's a roster spot for him in Maine or Boston. Austin Ainge signed him and loves his smarts. He says he's the smartest 7 footer he's ever seen. Besides, he was a 75% shooter in college. Do you know anyone who can shoot 50% 3s?

« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2019, 01:10:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Tacko Fall reminds me of a very tall KG.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2019, 09:46:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Most likely, there's a roster spot for him in Maine or Boston. Austin Ainge signed him and loves his smarts. He says he's the smartest 7 footer he's ever seen. Besides, he was a 75% shooter in college. Do you know anyone who can shoot 50% 3s?
Tacko's ability to shoot 75% in college is meaningless. He is 7'6" and played in a mid major conference. He averaged just under 6 shots a game. He also grabbed 2.5 offensive rebounds so there is a good chance as much as 2 of his shots came off offensive rebounds and not set offense.

His "amazing" ability to hit high efficiency shots better than a 50% three point shooter amounted to his coach getting him, in offensive sets, possibily just 4 shots a game. That means that his coach didn't think his skills were so good that he should majorly incorporate what Tacko does on offense into the regular offense.

Why wouldn't his coach expand Tacko's role
in the offense, for four years, if his ability to score so efficiently was so great? Because that offensive ability comes solely from being able to just dunk on some much smaller, equally as limited athletically college stiffs. He has no offensive moves. His footwork is not good. His ability to get to his spot isn't good for a 300 pound 7'6" guy. All he did in college was get underneath 4 times a game, get the ball in an advantageous position and dunked.

Tacko's ability to do that in the pros, with his serious lack of skill or talent, would be minimized and he would be rendered useless on the offensive end.

The only thing I could see Tacko being useful at on the pro level is guarding a late in the game inbounding passer.

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Tacko's ability to shoot 75% in college is meaningless. He is 7'6" and played in a mid major conference. He averaged just under 6 shots a game. He also grabbed 2.5 offensive rebounds so there is a good chance as much as 2 of his shots came off offensive rebounds and not set offense.

His "amazing" ability to hit high efficiency shots better than a 50% three point shooter amounted to his coach getting him, in offensive sets, possibily just 4 shots a game. That means that his coach didn't think his skills were so good that he should majorly incorporate what Tacko does on offense into the regular offense.

Why wouldn't his coach expand Tacko's role
in the offense, for four years, if his ability to score so efficiently was so great? Because that offensive ability comes solely from being able to just dunk on some much smaller, equally as limited athletically college stiffs. He has no offensive moves. His footwork is not good. His ability to get to his spot isn't good for a 300 pound 7'6" guy. All he did in college was get underneath 4 times a game, get the ball in an advantageous position and dunked.

Tacko's ability to do that in the pros, with his serious lack of skill or talent, would be minimized and he would be rendered useless on the offensive end.

The only thing I could see Tacko being useful at on the pro level is guarding a late in the game inbounding passer.

I agree with everything you say, but 5-10 minutes a game in the right matchups would justify a roster spot.

« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He does look like KG from a distance.  Very similar gait and posture.  I thought I was seeing things a couple of times when it seemed like KG was on the court.  But it's appearance only!

« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2019, 10:17:56 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
How long are they going to make us wait for Tacko jerseys to go on sale? Don’t care if they are Boston, Maine, heck even summer league, they will sell!

I still think if Boban can have an NBA career, so can Tacko. Perhaps nobody was equipped to work with his massive size at UCF? Maybe he can have an accelerated learning curve and give us some situational minutes. He certainly is a nuisance on defense in the paint. If he can learn to go straight up, he will bother A LOT of shots.

I find it very hard not to root for the guy.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I love Taco already and the fans in Boston will too.  They will be calling for him at the end of games to put an exclamation points on wins.  You will see Taco jerseys everywhere.  There will be taco mania in Boston. And who knows he just might develop enough to hep the team at some point. 

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2019, 12:19:22 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
If Tacko doesn't at least get signed and goes to Maine, it will reinforce my belief  they don't value bigs. If he makes the Celtics, it will suggest they are willing to adapt to his strengths-defense of the paint and easy baskets above the rim.

It's interesting how intimidating a guy that size can be on defense in the paint.  In summer league games, I watched several players drive towards the basket, see Tacko in the paint, and turn right around and go back to the perimeter.
He does discourage going to the rim for easy baskets.

« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2019, 12:23:39 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
He does look like KG from a distance.  Very similar gait and posture.  I thought I was seeing things a couple of times when it seemed like KG was on the court.  But it's appearance only!

I think you would have to see KG at the same age to make a comparison. Though he's quite a bit taller than KG. He doesn't look quite so agile and athletic as KG, but you would have to see KG at the same age. I would like to know what KG thinks of him. What he will "grow" into when he gets older and more experienced?

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2019, 12:31:56 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Who knows, but, ultimately, let's talk about Yabusele last year.

He was the "15th player" on the team right?

Thus, he never played and didn't "hurt" the team.

If Tacko is the 15th player someday, perhaps he'd be G league anyway this year.

What other "15th" player is going to "lose" something by Tacko "beating him out" for the opportunity to play for a few minutes in blowouts?

Let's say Tacko is on the team. Put him in for the tip off. His win percentage on tips would be better than Kanter's...right? At UCF last year Tacko won 20 straight tips (or whatever) for some record. That's more than a lot of 15th guys and? He's Tacko.

Where the he*& else are you gonna get that?

« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2019, 01:19:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Who knows, but, ultimately, let's talk about Yabusele last year.

He was the "15th player" on the team right?

Thus, he never played and didn't "hurt" the team.

If Tacko is the 15th player someday, perhaps he'd be G league anyway this year.

What other "15th" player is going to "lose" something by Tacko "beating him out" for the opportunity to play for a few minutes in blowouts?

Let's say Tacko is on the team. Put him in for the tip off. His win percentage on tips would be better than Kanter's...right? At UCF last year Tacko won 20 straight tips (or whatever) for some record. That's more than a lot of 15th guys and? He's Tacko.

Where the he*& else are you gonna get that?
Or you can sign a vet min player that is still productive, use them as your 7th or 8th player in the rotation, making Robert Williams the 15th player(which he was last year, Yabu was 14th), and just have Portland sign Tacko to play in the G League.

« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2019, 07:39:11 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
They need to upgrade him to a g league contract on the minimum, I believe that after signing Edwards they should have enough cap room to sign him using cap room, I have him ahead of semi

I can't see how brad would be able to use him in game situations. How many times have the Celtics given up rebounds and been punished in the paint in recent years?

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2019, 07:44:16 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Love see him on the roster but he really needs to play alot in Maine to develop his game..footwork, blocking out, pick and roll..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin