Author Topic: Woj: Knicks Fire Fizdale  (Read 2847 times)

Woj: Knicks Fire Fizdale
« on: December 06, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
You could see this one coming.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
 · 3m
Knicks fired coach David Fizdale, league source tells ESPN.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Woj: Knicks Fire Fizdale
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Mills has till All-Star break you suppose?
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
You beat me!! Was just posting this.

Knicks GM should be fired after last offseason

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 03:47:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The odd part is they somehow thought they would be good (or at least not bad).  I get they are getting blown out, but they just aren't a good team.  GM, not coach, should have been the first to go.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 03:53:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
So, apparently, they let him coach practice this morning then went ahead and fired him?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Everyone knew the Knicks were not gonna be good but getting absolutely annihilated two games in a row suggests he's lost the locker room too. Gotta at least have the misfit toys trying hard.

Shame is that Fizdale's not that bad of a coach. Just climbed into a dumpster fire just as more kerosene was being added.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 04:14:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
The Knicks should start selling any of the scraps they have. The Knicks are the worst put together squad in the NBA....

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 04:16:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The Knicks should start selling any of the scraps they have. The Knicks are the worst put together squad in the NBA....

I'd take Randal had knicks not paid him so much, too rich for our blood. I'm not saying they overpaid but we don't have the scraps for him.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I'd take Randal had knicks not paid him so much, too rich for our blood. I'm not saying they overpaid but we don't have the scraps for him.

I like Randle as a player and feel he can really thrive on the right team.

Actually, truth be told, if we had the cap space last summer then I thought Randle would've been a nice pick-up at power forward to replace Horford.

But we got Kemba on a max, so I'm not complaining

But back to Randle, I'd like to see him leave New York and thrive in a better run environment.

That Knicks franchise is a total mess and no free agents want to go there (regardless of it being the big apple)

Their best bet at this point is to trade some of their vets like Morris, Randle, Portis and Gibson, hire a new coach, build around Barrett, Ntilikina and Robinson and through the draft.

Thought I read somewhere that Mets ownership was looking to sell the team. Dolan may want to do the same.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Actually, truth be told, if we had the cap space last summer then I thought Randle would've been a nice pick-up at power forward to replace Horford.

But back to Randle, I'd like to see him leave New York and thrive in a better run environment.

That Knicks franchise is a total mess and no free agents want to go there (regardless of it being the big apple)

Their best bet at this point is to trade some of their vets like Morris, Randle, Portis and Gibson, hire a new coach, build around Barrett, Ntilikina and Robinson and through the draft.

Thought I read somewhere that Mets ownership was looking to sell the team. Dolan may want to do the same.

Mets ownership just sold the team to Steve Cohen, a multi billionaire, estimated net worth of $11.4 billion. In 5 years, he'll essentially own more than 80%, but as of now, the majority stake holder with the loser-pons owning about less than half for the moment.

(Actually the sale is still pending by MLB... So it's not 100% yet.)

Also, I don't get the appeal with Randle...

He's not a good defender, he can't shoot 3's, he is also unable to work in our switch heavy defense. I mean other than the fact he can score down low, and rebound, I don't want this guy anywhere near our team.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 04:49:00 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 04:27:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I'd take Taj Gibson if the salaries worked, which they probably don't.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That's all too rational for The Knicks....

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 04:33:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

They overpaid all those power forwards so they'll be hard to trade. 15 million for Morris, 15 for Portis, 18 million for Randle, 9 million for Taj...

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 04:34:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

They overpaid all those power forwards so they'll be hard to trade. 15 million for Morris, 15 for Portis, 18 million for Randle, 9 million for Taj...

Yeah have no idea what they were thinking originally...

I would've just stuck with Taj and Portis and maybe Morris, but then where does Kevin Knox play? Is he fluid enough for SF?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ha Ha ...I knew he d get fired quick when i heard they hired him .  Popular guy with players and fans on most team blogs

He was DOOMED when they did not get first pick,  did not get Kyrie ,  Nets landed Kyrie and KD .   Without a ready made team of vet stars ....he did not have a prayer in NY , he might as well just run up the white flag after all that went wrong. Maybe in Orlando or Such he gets a fair chance .....Not in LA or NY .

Not a very good coach for that team anyway .

NY needs instant success,   TOO many complaints, too much money and media to build slow. good coach don't do that fast , good ones built culture and franchises with drafting .
Too much money in play for the big city teams to build like Boston or Dallas

I think I d would have started with axing the GM  .. NO  Coach is not going work on a instant rebuild plan .....IF the players don't get drafted or signed .

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 04:56:04 PM by SHAQATTACK »