Author Topic: Ford, Pelton (ESPN Insider): Most Overrated, Underrated  (Read 826 times)

Ford, Pelton (ESPN Insider): Most Overrated, Underrated
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Interesting and more support for maybe Isaac at 3..

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/19683657/most-overrated-underrated-prospects-2017-nba-draft

MOST UNDERRATED

Ford: Isaac is the guy for me. I'd have him either No. 3 or 4 on my personal big board. I think he has more upside than Brandon Ingram. Isaac's versatility to defend multiple positions and score in so many different ways is intriguing. Tatum is more ready right now, but I think his ceiling is much lower than Isaac's. I've always been a bit of a gambler in the draft. But if I'm Boston at No. 3 or Phoenix at No. 4, I think I'd lean Isaac.

MOST OVERRATED
Kevin Pelton: It's hard for me to separate the players who are generally considered the second tier of prospects in this year's draft: De'Aaron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum (though your tiers place them with five other players in Tier 2).

Individually, I'm not sure any of them will go that much higher than where I rank them. Collectively, however, these players appear to be rated much higher than their statistical production would imply....

...Fox, Jackson and Tatum ...rank relatively low in terms of stats-only projections. So I don't see them as nearly as valuable collectively as they're being projected.