Author Topic: CB Draft Eastern Conference Finals: Sixers (1) Vs Knicks (4)  (Read 30303 times)

CB Draft Eastern Conference Finals: Sixers (1) Vs Knicks (4)
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

Offline CB Draft Voting

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65
Eastern Conference Finals

Sixers Press Conference

Knicks Press Conference

Read the thread, send votes to CB Draft Voting. You ought to know the drill.

Re: CB Draft Eastern Conference Finals: Sixers (1) Vs Knicks (4)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I will have a very small window today to present the NY Knicks case (since my wife and I have an appointment to hear our the heartbeat of our coming-in-February-baby!)....

but here's a preview of what's to befall the hated Sixers:

VOTE NY Knickz or DIE!!!!!!!!!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think this is a horrible matchup for the Knicks.  The Sixers have the personnel to matchup with the Knicks three best players (Varejao on Duncan, Iggy on Deng, and Wade/Hinrich on Deron), and the Sixers' most elite personnel play positions (SG, PF) that the Knicks don't have much of an answer for.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I think this is a horrible matchup for the Knicks.  The Sixers have the personnel to matchup with the Knicks three best players (Varejao on Duncan, Iggy on Deng, and Wade/Hinrich on Deron), and the Sixers' most elite personnel play positions (SG, PF) that the Knicks don't have much of an answer for.

I think this can be seing both sides.
Maybe Deng is > Iggy right now
And Duncan have enough weapons to make Vare cry, adding that Vere is injury prone.

I think i al leaning towards Knicks.
Sorry Phily... :-X
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Dwyane Wade has won this series for me. Meeks, Nick Young or even a good Raja Bell won't be able to stop D-Wade. If you put Luol Deng on him though, the Iggy will have a field day.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dwyane Wade has won this series for me. Meeks, Nick Young or even a good Raja Bell won't be able to stop D-Wade. If you put Luol Deng on him though, the Iggy will have a field day.

That's how I see it, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
At the moment, I think the two forward positions are evenly matched and that Tim Duncan has a slight matchup advantage at the center position with Wade and Deron having matchup advantages against their opposite numbers.

Phily will have an advantage with their backup guard (Barbosa vs Dooling). I forget who their backup big men are. Need to check on that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:03:39 PM by Who »

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

I was just going to bring this up but I thought Duncan could cover West and someone else on Sideshow Bob. However I still find the biggest gap in a stopper for DWAde. Who would NYK put on Wade, Deron? and some other small guard on Hinrich or the backup pg?

I'm still not sold on Philly but unless NYK has a real answer for DWade without giving up defense in other areas, I don't see how NYK will win.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I think New York  could slide Deron onto Wade, remember Wade-- as much as I know he's the best player in the NBA-- is only 6'4"/ 6'5". But does Deron have it in him to guard the best player on the 76ers AND run his teams offense this late in the playoffs? I'm not sure.

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

That's how I see it, too.

I also forgot to mention that D-Wade can shut down Deron. Hinrich is capable and long enough to handle Nick Young and Jodie Meeks.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I think New York  could slide Deron onto Wade, remember Wade-- as much as I know he's the best player in the NBA-- is only 6'4"/ 6'5". But does Deron have it in him to guard the best player on the 76ers AND run his teams offense this late in the playoffs? I'm not sure.
Deron Williams can't guard D-Wade.

Deron is a below average defender when moved to the two spot.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Agreed, Deron did a much better job defending 1's than 2's last season allowing a .555 eFG to SGs while only a .490 eFG to PGs.  But he still might be a better option defending Wade than Meeks.

I'd probably put Deng on Wade and take my chances with Iggy against Meeks.  See if that entices Philly to try to force it with Iggy too much.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 01:29:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I can't see Wade guarding Williams for a whole series and being asked to create offense most of the time. I believe Wade only guards Williams in crunch time with Hinrich on him. Hinrich is a solid defender but Williams makes guys like Rondo look silly with that cross-over. It's arguably the best cross-over in the game. Williams is far superior here. Likewise Wade is at the SG. I think you are looking at arguably the two best guys at their respective positions.

Also Wade will HAVE to chase Meeks around screens all the time because that boy is wet.

Kendrick Perkins isn't shy with his opinions, including those on a possible Heat-Celtics playoff matchup. Perkins spoke of how supremely confident his former teammates are against Miami. "Arrogant in a good way," he said. "Each guy feels they have a matchup to their advantage against Miami." ... Perkins sees Ray Allen remaining a problem for Dwyane Wade "because Dwyane falls asleep a lot. He doesn't like to guard screen-and-rolls, and that's what Ray specializes in. Dwyane doesn't like to get picked. He's a good on-the-ball defender as far as a guy dribbling, but he struggles getting over screens." Will Chris Bosh slow Kevin Garnett? "I definitely don't think so," Perkins said. "I know KG takes it personal when he goes against Bosh."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... z1HGXBvd00

Ray Allen did not give a special nomination, because “there are many very good shooter,” but in so many great shooters, he appreciated Kevin Durant, Mike Miller about Di Meeks (Jodie Meeks).

http://www.bestjerseys.org/blog/nba/boston-celtics/ray-allen-appreciate-shooter-durant-is-one-of

I think Iggy and Deng cancel each other out/take each other out of the series. That's an incredibly even match-up in my eyes without looking at stats.  Please show me stats.  ;D

I like New York's big guys more then Philly's bigs. Not a fan of Varejao as a Center on Duncan. I like Blaire on West too with his activity.

I really don't like either bench but I think Gibson matches Martin and Young is better then Barbosa.

Right now I like the Knicks more with Duncan and in my opinion a slightly better bench.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I don't put Deron on Wade and I don't think Wade can/will shut down D-Will. If I am NY I think about playing a zone because both Wade and Iggy were like 32% 3 point shooters last I checked.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I don't put Deron on Wade and I don't think Wade can/will shut down D-Will. If I am NY I think about playing a zone because both Wade and Iggy were like 32% 3 point shooters last I checked.

Agree, agree, agree. Use the length to make them shoot over you. It will lose you the games they're hot, but it might win you the series.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner