Author Topic: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)  (Read 19144 times)

Re: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Jason Terry average 18ppg
Marrion averaged 14ppg
Barea Averaged 9 ppg
Chandler averaged 10 ppg

All in the finals

Curry has averaged 13 in his games against Jennings
The Warriors have no answer for marion either offensively or defensively as Lebron has OWNED Batum and thad
There best answer for Barea has been neutralized by Chandler in their matchups
and We have chandler

And with our Defense I don't see how the warriors can outscore us
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Marrion averaged 14ppg
Barea Averaged 9 ppg
Chandler averaged 10 ppg

All in the finals

The Warriors have no answer for marion either offensively or defensively as Lebron has OWNED Batum and thad
and We have chandler

Was Jennings guarding Curry or Monta?

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Marrion averaged 14ppg
Barea Averaged 9 ppg
Chandler averaged 10 ppg

All in the finals

and We have chandler

Was Jennings guarding Curry or Monta?

And meanwhile jennings put up 25 per game on a better shooting percentage than curry
Jennings was matched up on Curry
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I just watched Dirk with a more talented team beat LeBron with a more talented team.

Billups has significantly outplayed Andre Miller in Recent History

Jennings have significantly outplayed curry in their meetings

Wes Matthews is significantly better than Sam young

Lebron is significantly better than Batum

Dirk is better than Millsap, Nick has already posted their head to head matchups

Chandler has played David Lee to a draw

I don't really see the issue here

Dirk just led a less talented team on paper to an NBA finals victory over Lebron's team.
I don't see it that way at all.

Terry/Kidd/Barea/Marion/Chandler/Peja/Stevenson/Haywood is a much much better grouping with tons more playoff experience and veteran leadership.

Also, In the Finals, Dirk outscored lebron by 8 ppg, Lebron had 18 ppg in the finals, and that was with Marion guarding him.

With Batum Guarding him, Lebron has put up 36ppg and nearly averaged a triple double. 

Since the warriors don't have the ability to limit lebron where are they going to make up the additional 10 point swing with Lebron outscoring Dirk?

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I just watched Dirk with a more talented team beat LeBron with a more talented team.

Dirk is better than Millsap, Nick has already posted their head to head matchups

Dirk just led a less talented team on paper to an NBA finals victory over Lebron's team.

Terry/Kidd/Barea/Marion/Chandler/Peja/Stevenson/Haywood is a much much better grouping with tons more playoff experience and veteran leadership.

You might see it that way, but I sure didn't. I didn't expect that Mavs team to really get out of the first, maybe second round.

Especially after Butler went down. I don't think anyone saw Marion stepping up like he did. I'm still convincing myself it didn't happen.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Kings playoff playoff threads have consisted of a couple of comments and tumbleweeds and crickets over the past couple of days.

I think its to your detriment..because eventually people are just going to reach a wall where they're like "I don't think LeBron is good enough to get past....here

Its different for everyone, and completely arbitrary..but if nobody is talking about it before they reach it..they'll just vote against you.
Yeah but I can't force people to talk in our threads or about our team.

Simply, I think it comes down to most of the vet GMs here having a definite dislike of Lebron(myself included) and with his having a bad playoff versus Dallas, they feel justified saying: "A LeBron led team can't win it" so rather than closely looking at the whole picture(other players on this team, the opposition, the matchups), this team will be written off early or allowed to go only so far.

And you know what, they have every right to do so and might ultimately be correct in their assessment.

I don't think so. Honestly, I feel this is the best top 8 ever put together in this draft but because of Lebron's inclusion, we probably will fall short.

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Kings playoff playoff threads have consisted of a couple of comments and tumbleweeds and crickets over the past couple of days.

I think its to your detriment..because eventually people are just going to reach a wall where they're like "I don't think LeBron is good enough to get past....here

Its different for everyone, and completely arbitrary..but if nobody is talking about it before they reach it..they'll just vote against you.
Yeah but I can't force people to talk in our threads or about our team.

Simply, I think it comes down to most of the vet GMs here having a definite dislike of Lebron and with his having a bad playoff versus Dallas, they feel justified saying: "A LeBron led team can't win it" so rather than closely looking at the whole picture(other players on this team, the opposition, the matchups), this team will be written off early or allowed to go only so far.

And you know what, they have every right to do so and might ultimately be correct in their assessment.

I don't think so. Honestly, I feel this is the best top 8 ever put together in this draft but because of Lebron's inclusion, we probably will fall short.

Understand that I mean it when I say 'I feel your pain.'

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You might see it that way, but I sure didn't. I didn't expect that Mavs team to really get out of the first, maybe second round.

Especially after Butler went down. I don't think anyone saw Marion stepping up like he did. I'm still convincing myself it didn't happen.
I'm not talking about how far I expected them to go before the playoffs. I'm talking about what actually happened and how that team of players performed.

Terry/Kidd/Barea/Marion/Chandler/Peja/Stevenson/Haywood

vs

Curry/Miller/S.Young/Brewer/T.Young/Batum/Lee/Camby

The group Dirk did win with were hardened vets that strove to win at all cost because for many, another chance may not be there after their current contract. There were multiple many time All-Stars, lots of players with playoff and Finals experience and they had definitive locker room leadership

Where is any of that on this Warriors team. There's potential. There's players from bad teams. There's a player who is one of the oldest players in the league and isn't anywhere near the defensive player he used to be and is useless on offense. There's a major lack of playoff experience.

And lastly, there's a major lack of any match up that clearly favors the Warriors other than Dirk when you take a look at the real life head to head stats versus those players they will be playing against on the kings.

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
cansomebody outline how the warriors beat the kings?  Like some logical argument vs Dirk=god?

Because as I recall, I had dirk last year, and he lost to a lebron team. 

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I consider this Warriors team to be more like Dirk's Dallas teams of the earlier part of the last decade than last year's Mavs squad. They have lots of offense and depth but not enough defense to compete for a title.

Steph Curry in that Steve Nash role. Andre Miller a lesser Nick Van Exel. David Lee in that Antawn Jamison. Thaddeus Young replacing Antoine Walker. Nicolas Batum, Corey Brewer and Sam Young replacing the Adrian Griffin, Greg Buckner Marquis Daniels and young Josh Howard type wings.

Marcus Camby is one significant difference from those teams. He adds a large dose of rebounding to the mix. No longer an impact defender though.

Plus, they have nobody to replace Michael Finley who was a very talented player.

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I can see a lot of match-ups where it is chandler on dirk and milsap on lee.

Anything to show how these match-ups have played out in the past?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 07:46:12 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Still stuck in travel hell, but in rebuttal:

Nick and Rondo can pull out all the stats they want, and that's fine, and that's good research, but they don't tell the whole story. Like IP said, not many people, myself included, would have given the Mavs the edge in the Heat/Mavs series - and then Dirk willed this team to a title. In that same series, the Kings' best player took considerable heat for folding.

I can't get to databasebasketball or 82games, so I've got to appeal to your gut - in the playoffs, who takes this, a deep, offensively talented Dirk led team, or Lebron-led team defined by star power and a shorter bench?
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 07:47:37 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
cansomebody outline how the warriors beat the kings?  Like some logical argument vs Dirk=god?

Really?  Are you aware of what took place in the NBA between last summer and now?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Really?  Are you aware of what took place in the NBA between last summer and now?

You mean a guy that everybody thought couldnt get his team over the hump got his team over the hump?  sounds familiar...

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 07:53:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
This warriors team has no defense, our team is better defensively than the real life Miami team, and I think in the playoffs defense is what wins.