Author Topic: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)  (Read 19139 times)

Re: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
i like the warriors

Any reasoning here?  I think we have the advantage in 4 out of the 5 positions. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Looking at this, it reminds me of how if you looked at the Mavericks roster before the playoffs started and asked people if they thought they could beat the Heat, or even reach the Finals.

The teams share a lot of similarities. For my money, I think Batum could do as good a job as anyone of defending LeBron. Then, T Young is behind him ready to bring more length, hops, and strength. Fouls won't be a problem. Not in the frontcourt either, and I think 20 minutes of Camby, spaced out is as good as 20 minutes of Chandler in the same span.

Millsap isn't better than Bosh, and Matthews isn't better than Wade, and there are fairly huge discrepancies between the two sets of players. Billups is an upgrade over Bibby and CHandler is an upgrade over Anthony though, and I think the discrepancies between the 2 sets of players is pretty large there too, although none of them approach the level of dominance that Wade does.

If there was a team that was made strictly to stop LeBron, this one is it.

This one is a really hard one. Very close. Closer than I would've thought until I started to think about it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Kings playoff playoff threads have consisted of a couple of comments and tumbleweeds and crickets over the past couple of days.

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I just watched Dirk with a more talented team beat LeBron with a more talented team.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The Kings playoff playoff threads have consisted of a couple of comments and tumbleweeds and crickets over the past couple of days.

I think its to your detriment..because eventually people are just going to reach a wall where they're like "I don't think LeBron is good enough to get past....here

Its different for everyone, and completely arbitrary..but if nobody is talking about it before they reach it..they'll just vote against you.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Looking at this, it reminds me of how if you looked at the Mavericks roster before the playoffs started and asked people if they thought they could beat the Heat, or even reach the Finals.

The teams share a lot of similarities. For my money, I think Batum could do as good a job as anyone of defending LeBron. Then, T Young is behind him ready to bring more length, hops, and strength. Fouls won't be a problem. Not in the frontcourt either, and I think 20 minutes of Camby, spaced out is as good as 20 minutes of Chandler in the same span.

Millsap isn't better than Bosh, and Matthews isn't better than Wade, and there are fairly huge discrepancies between the two sets of players. Billups is an upgrade over Bibby and CHandler is an upgrade over Anthony though, and I think the discrepancies between the 2 sets of players is pretty large there too, although none of them approach the level of dominance that Wade does.

This one is a really hard one. Very close. Closer than I would've thought until I started to think about it.

Batum doesnt have the strength to defend Lebron and Thad Young doesnt have the quickness.

IP I understand that wade and Bosh are not on our team but other than Dirk I don't see any comparisons to the Mavs team that beat the heat
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I just watched Dirk with a more talented team beat LeBron with a more talented team.

Billups has significantly outplayed Andre Miller in Recent History

Jennings have significantly outplayed curry in their meetings

Wes Matthews is significantly better than Sam young

Lebron is significantly better than Batum

Dirk is better than Millsap, Nick has already posted their head to head matchups

Chandler has played David Lee to a draw

I don't really see the issue here

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Batum doesnt have the strength to defend Lebron and Thad Young doesnt have the quickness.

IP I understand that wade and Bosh are not on our team but other than Dirk I don't see any comparisons to the Mavs team that beat the heat

I'd put Curry over Kidd, as long as his 2-guard can defend his own man, and personally I don't think Batum and Young (T) are too far behind Marion.

Camby is obviously worse than Chandler, but as a duo, is 48 minutes of Camby/Lee worse than 48 minutes of...Chandler/Haywood?

Meh. I think they're closer than you're allowing. Some different weaknesses, but different strengths too.

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
i like the warriors

Any reasoning here?  I think we have the advantage in 4 out of the 5 positions. 

yeah if you watched the finals... dirk>lebron and i love steph curry
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Dirk is better than Millsap, Nick has already posted their head to head matchups

Dirk just led a less talented team on paper to an NBA finals victory over Lebron's team.

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I'd put Curry over Kidd, as long as his 2-guard can defend his own man, and personally I don't think Batum and Young (T) are too far behind Marion.

Camby is obviously worse than Chandler, but as a duo, is 48 minutes of Camby/Lee worse than 48 minutes of...Chandler/Haywood?

Meh. I think they're closer than you're allowing. Some different weaknesses, but different strengths too.

except when you look at the matchups, Jennings has outplayed curry and Billups outplayed Miller in recent history

in 3 games against Batum

Lebron is averaging 36 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists.  

I repeat, Lebron is averaging 36 pts, 10 rebounds and 9 assists against batum.

And that is with Camby behind batum defensively in real life

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
PG: Curry (26), Miller (22)
SG: Young (24), Curry (8-), Batum (8-), Brewer (6)
SF: Batum (24), T. Young (20), Brewer (4)
PF: Dirk (40), T. Young (6), Lee (2)
C: Camby (22), Lee (26)
Generally speaking, I really dislike the thought of Steph Curry playing the two. I think it does him a disservice.

But in this series, I think it's in the Warriors best interests to increase Andre Miller's playing time and use him defensively against Chauncey Billups + use Steph Curry at the two against Wes Matthews. Matthews doesn't have a post game to take advantage of the smaller Curry.

Billups does. He can take advantage of Curry's lack of strength and beat him up. Not just on the post but on any type of dribble penetration too. Any time he gets a step, Billups can just hold him on his hip and ride him to the paint. Not a good situation for GSW.

Andre Miller can help fix that.

I'd start Andre Miller and Steph Curry in the backcourt and use S.Curry as the backup point. Give Sam Young his 20 minutes a night but as a backup SG instead of a starter. 

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The idea that Batum or T Young can slow down LeBron is a false thought. Check out the head to head numbers and it should go from a comfort for people supporting the Warriors to a major major concern:

Lebron vs Batum

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=batumni01

LBJ: 36/10/9

LeBron vs T Young

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=youngth01

LBJ: 27/7/7

Just because someone is the type of player in physical appearance that you think might give Lebron trouble doesn't mean that in reality they are.

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Dirk just led a less talented team on paper to an NBA finals victory over Lebron's team.

They are completely different teams, Lebron was not used to his full potential on that heat team.  You heard on this blog when the celtics were playing the heat, "Lebron and wade don't play together yet, they alternate." meaning neither of them were playing to their potential, this is not the case with our Kings team, we are better suited to maximize Lebrons potential.  

Finally, Our team is better in fast break defense than the miami heat team was, which would significantly squash the transition threes that Stephenson and Terry were able to hit which was key to knocking off the heat

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I don't see it that way at all.

Terry/Kidd/Barea/Marion/Chandler/Peja/Stevenson/Haywood is a much much better grouping with tons more playoff experience and veteran leadership.