Author Topic: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)  (Read 19145 times)

Re: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Curry V Jennings - I personally like Steph here. I think he improved this past season while Jennings regressed. Still I think this match-up is pretty even but I give Steph a slight nod.

In 4 games, Jennings is averaging

25ppg, 5.5 rpg, 6apg and 1.8 spg, on .467% shooting

Curry averaging

13.8ppg, 4.3 rpg 3.8 apg, 3 spg, on .431% shooting

Jennings team is 3-1 in those 4 games

Nice numbers Rondo. I didn't know about the H2H numbers and those numbers are far more valuable in my opinion then regular season numbers. Nice stuff here. What was the usage rate here? Just wondering if the ball might have been in Ellis hands more then Currys.

Still leaning toward Kings here.

Unfortunately i cannot find the usage stat, nor am i quite sure that I understand the stat myself
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my vote goes to the kings.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
my vote goes to the kings.
Leaning that way too.

Not convinced the Warriors can play well enough defensively to make this a series.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I also think that our ability to defend in transition will be big in this series
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Curry V Jennings - I personally like Steph here. I think he improved this past season while Jennings regressed. Still I think this match-up is pretty even but I give Steph a slight nod.

In 4 games, Jennings is averaging

25ppg, 5.5 rpg, 6apg and 1.8 spg, on .467% shooting

Curry averaging

13.8ppg, 4.3 rpg 3.8 apg, 3 spg, on .431% shooting

Jennings team is 3-1 in those 4 games

Nice numbers Rondo. I didn't know about the H2H numbers and those numbers are far more valuable in my opinion then regular season numbers. Nice stuff here. What was the usage rate here? Just wondering if the ball might have been in Ellis hands more then Currys.

Still leaning toward Kings here.

Unfortunately i cannot find the usage stat, nor am i quite sure that I understand the stat myself

Usage: The % of a teams possessions that end in an assist, turnover, or field-goal attempt while one player is in the game.

Example: If I have a usage rate of 24.5, that means that while I am in the game, 24.5 of the aggregate turnovers, FGA's and assists will be ended by me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 03:23:58 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I think this is one of the closest series out there

But i have to go with size.
And thinking Warriors with those reams can pull a surprise
win against lack of size.
Chandlerfor me is this year MOP most overrated player
and theres enough talent and size in GS to control him and the
others

Warriors in 7

But believe me if The Kings make throgh this round they probably have clear road.

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

others

Warriors in 7

But believe me if The Kings make throgh this round they probably have clear road.

Sure Dirk is an advantage, we recognize that, but the Dirk advantage is nowhere near the gap of the lebron advantage.  And chandler has played Lee incredibly well.  Our backcourt play plus lebron as well as our overall team defense wins us this series

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Well if Champkind is going with a zone that should fall right into our hands as our philosophy is to use Jennings and Matthews and Lebron to take it to the hole and draw fouls or create on a dish out. When the zone collapses, we have deadly shooters on the perimeter.

Time out. If you're using Jennings, Matthews and Bron to attack the zone, then at best you have one deadly shooter on the perimeter who is presumably slashing a third of the time.

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 03:57:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
How did Camby do against the Mavs in their series? I can't recall.

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 03:58:06 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Well if Champkind is going with a zone that should fall right into our hands as our philosophy is to use Jennings and Matthews and Lebron to take it to the hole and draw fouls or create on a dish out. When the zone collapses, we have deadly shooters on the perimeter.

Time out. If you're using Jennings, Matthews and Bron to attack the zone, then at best you have one deadly shooter on the perimeter who is presumably slashing a third of the time.

I think Nick just meant they would be attacking the zone but not necessarily with them all together.  When Jennings is out there we will try to have Diaw out there too so while he is not a great 3pt shooter Jennings will be surrounded by Matthews, Lebron and Diaw who are all serviceable from distance

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
How did Camby do against the Mavs in their series? I can't recall.
Camby was terrific on the boards. Average defense. Scoring was very weak. A non-threat. Good passing. Overall, a liability on offense.

I remember Dallas hiding Dirk on him and at other times allowed Tyson to check him and be really active on team defense playing off of him.

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think Nick just meant they would be attacking the zone but not necessarily with them all together.  When Jennings is out there we will try to have Diaw out there too so while he is not a great 3pt shooter Jennings will be surrounded by Matthews, Lebron and Diaw who are all serviceable from distance
I meant they would be the ones attacking the zone.

So if LeBron drives he has Billups and Matthews to dish to.
If Matthews drives he has Lebron and Billups to dish to
If Jennings drives he has Lebron and Matthews to dish to.

We will not be sending Billups into the teeth of a zone trying to drive. He is best left outside to move the ball on the perimeter or shoot.

That is what I meant.

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

others

Warriors in 7

Other than at PF where do the Warriors have a size advantage?

Who is controlling Lebron, Millsap, Billups, Matthews, Jennings and Diaw again? Where is the defensive talent or the statistical proof to show that the Warriors can control them?

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I meant they would be the ones attacking the zone.

So if LeBron drives he has Billups and Matthews to dish to.
If Matthews drives he has Lebron and Billups to dish to
If Jennings drives he has Lebron and Matthews to dish to.

We will not be sending Billups into the teeth of a zone trying to drive. He is best left outside to move the ball on the perimeter or shoot.

That is what I meant.

OK, I was confused because you mentioned jennings and not Billups.

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
i like the warriors
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony