Author Topic: CB Draft Voting Results: Eastern Conference  (Read 4687 times)

Re: CB Draft Voting Results: Eastern Conference
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
My vote is in (time to leave work!):

East Winners:

76ers
Knicks

This turned out to be the quickest and then longest debate i've had with myself in a while.  Phili is a stacked and well put together lineup, i just cannot picture them getting bounced this early.  In basketball more than in other sports, pure talent generally wins the day - at least when the stakes aren't too too high.  I think that Aldridge/Granger combo would challenge for a title in 2013; both guys just need a little more maturing before beating a team as good as Phili.

I wanted to vote for pawnee because of Zach Randolph's mismatch that the will feast on, but ultimately two other factors jumped in that i couldn't overlook.  Clearly NY's achillies is their 2-guard situation, but i don't see that being a big issue in this series at all.  I also think Gay missed out on some major playoff exposure last year whereas Deng has been making good strides in his playoff performances over the past few years.  Hate to have to pick against my former partner in crime in SO, but i gotta stick with my gut.

Great job by all you guys!!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes