Author Topic: Doc: "We have to find the right combo or some people have to go"  (Read 30310 times)

Re: Doc: "We have to find the right combo or some people have to go"
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 12:22:14 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Look in the mirror Doc............

Said EXACTLY what I was thinking

TP

If you actually listen to the interview, Doc was as hard on himself as he was on the team.  He was very clear about the fact that he's not getting it done with this group as a coach.

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
As of right now...

I very frustrated with this team and I'm ready to ship out almost everyone. I'm ready and been ready to blow this thing up. I don't want to watch a shell of a championship team struggle to be .500.

Right now I'm ready to go to full suck mode, trade everyone except Bradley and Sullinger, get as much value as you can, start losing with a purpose, and hopefully we hit on a top draft pick who actually wants to play hard with Sully and AB.

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 12:57:22 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I don't want KG or Pierce going anywhere they've done to much for this team city everything to be shipped out. If we can move Rondo for some weak spots than do it. If we can move AB Bass and Sully for something to help do it. Whatever it does to help us WIN NOW. Ainge knows we can win games in a 7 games series but we are missing something. I hope he finds it. I love Rondo AB and the guys but if Rondo could bring us multiple pieces that we need than do it. If AB and some other guys bring us someone like Josh Smith than do it but something needs to happen so in order for (if new guys do come in) to mesh.

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
We are now 15-20 games past the number of games a lot of people said this team needed to gel. It just isn't happening folks and a trade(S) is required. I am hoping Danny can get something half way decent back for the likes of Bass, Terry and Green along with draft picks. Time to start the reloading, Danny.

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 01:29:24 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
why does everyone seem to think that Sullinger plays hard all the time ? i rewound the DVR a few times on a play the Bulls scored a layup on the other night. Sullinger's man (Noah) breaks across and then down the lane, receives a pass and drops in a layup.

Sully wasn't even close to seeing the ball and his man and was standing flat-footed without a hint of a basic defensive stance (all fundamentals a good high school player knows to do). he should have easily beaten Noah to the spot and denied the pass. either lazy or clueless about basic defensive fundamentals or both.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 01:44:13 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
You guys are letting Doc fool you... he's doing nothing more than trying to light a fire. He said the same things about his coaching when he said the team was soft! It didn't work last time, what makes him/us think it will this time? Seems like a lot of wind blowing to me.

What makes us think they have it? Because Paper says we are good enough?

Has anyone considered that maybe, just maybe, they aren't good enough together... that they haven't meshed b/c they aren't the right fit for each other? It takes a lot to put together a good team filled with players who work well as a unit. You can assemble all the good players you want to but it doesn't mean they will have on court chemistry no matter how much they like each other off the court. Look at Mia, they have 3 of some of the best players at their positions, THE PLAYERS chose to come together (collusion)... they liked each other off the court, they were friends. They all gave all the effort you could want from them but they still weren't enough their first year, they had to lose (and be helped -.-) before they figured out/fixed themselves and they still barely got passed us. The only players on our team that are use to losing and are probably accustomed to it is Lee, Collins, and Barbosa (kinda, even though the Pacers were solid last season)... all of the other players we have won and knows what it takes to win (Sully is a rookie so he doesn't count)... to me, it doesn't seem like they aren't trying, they just don't seem to ever click all at once. It's weird really... one day PP and KG will light it up and RR and Green will disappear and vice-verse, then bench will light it up and the starters will stink it up or again, vice-verse.

I don't know what needs to be done but I know that Doc can't keep talking about it publicly because that hasn't worked and it could make it worse.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
why does everyone seem to think that Sullinger plays hard all the time ? i rewound the DVR a few times on a play the Bulls scored a layup on the other night. Sullinger's man (Noah) breaks across and then down the lane, receives a pass and drops in a layup.

Sully wasn't even close to seeing the ball and his man and was standing flat-footed without a hint of a basic defensive stance (all fundamentals a good high school player knows to do). he should have easily beaten Noah to the spot and denied the pass. either lazy or clueless about basic defensive fundamentals or both.
You're judging sully's hard work with that one play? Then you haven't seen him play hard then. He plays hard and only limited and stop by bad foul calls.

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 02:07:06 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't want KG or Pierce going anywhere they've done to much for this team city everything to be shipped out. If we can move Rondo for some weak spots than do it. If we can move AB Bass and Sully for something to help do it. Whatever it does to help us WIN NOW. Ainge knows we can win games in a 7 games series but we are missing something. I hope he finds it. I love Rondo AB and the guys but if Rondo could bring us multiple pieces that we need than do it. If AB and some other guys bring us someone like Josh Smith than do it but something needs to happen so in order for (if new guys do come in) to mesh.

The last thing the C's should want is to move their young All-Star for multiple lesser players.

Re: Doc: We have to find the right combo or some people have to go
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 02:07:59 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Posturing? Or is he really going to put pressure on DA to make moves?

Somehow I don't think Doc has to pressure Danny to make moves.

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:46 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I feel like that was directed at Brandon Bass.

Doc has a lot of loyalty to Garnett, Pierce and Rondo. I think he loves Bradley. Green and Lee were very good today so I think they escape Doc's current foul mood. Sully is a guy Doc likes.

Maybe Jason Terry too. But mainly, I feel like Doc's ire here is directed at Bass.

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 03:23:49 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Our best 2 assets are Rondo and Pierce because of his semi-expiring contract. Then Bradley. Then Sully.

I don't want to blow it up because I like watching the Celtics contend year after year. This off-season Danny signed 5 players 27 and under because he's trying to keep the team competitive while building for the future. I'm happy I have a GM who is thinking about winning now and for the next decade rather than someone like Hollinger fire-sale-ing the good players on my playoff-bound team.

I get the sense that if a big trade happens it will happen around Paul Pierce. Gay or P.Gasol probably. I'd much rather have a smaller trade around Bass or even Lee but moving the captain for a big guy make a little bit of sense, especially if Pierce is gonna play like he's injured the rest of the season.

I doubt the rebuild starts with trading Rondo. Unless an ridiculous offer comes in for him (and it's possible I guess) then I think the rebuild starts with Pierce and ends with 5-6 guys who are 30 and older.

Live Clover said:

The last thing the C's should want is to move their young All-Star for multiple lesser players.

Personally I'm hoping for a smaller trade. I'm not lighting my hair on fire over a few losses before the All-Star break. I'm not upset about being .500 in the regular season. I do think we need a capable PF/C to play behind KG, preferably in the post. We need to get our guys rested and healthy. 8th seed is sitting pretty as long as we're healthy. Go C's!

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 05:06:41 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think Doc might need to go after this season is over.  Doc is a decent coach but defers too much to the veterans even when they are far past their prime and as a result we are often without enough athleticism on the floor. 

If we can get any decent offer for JET it would be great to let the younger guys handle the backcourt duties.

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 05:28:35 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
http://www.csnne.com/celticsvideo?PID=uvXM2-wq1Sry8YdmyTSAzb9d5bYrjzE0dV1pxd

Not a happy Rondo right here. He has to evaluate his own game and look what he can do, but the laid back guys he refers to should really get their head straight.

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Pierce and Rondo more specifically.

Sully, Green, Lee have been doing their jobs since our winning streak started more or less.

Pierce scores 10 dinky points in 36 minutes is unacceptable. Even though Rondo had 15 assist, 9 turnovers are unacceptable. Its like he only had 6 assist

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:17 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Great thread.

"The players I love are getting the job done. The players I hate aren't."

Five minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."