24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 148130 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1065 on: May 28, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Kyrie could form a superteam in several places, his buddy LBJ is stuck. The question is, will Kyrie save Lebron's bacon, again, or will he try his hand a leading a team, again?

Context is everything. Look at the mess that is LA. Now what if Kyrie comes in and they go the distance? That would put him above LeBron is terms of LA stature because they never liked Lebron to begin with. Kobe is probably feeding him this kind of stuff.

MIL was a bad matchup for you guys. I think you ya'll could have handled Toronto. Kawhi could never figure out Kyrie how he did Giannis. Kyrie usually has some of his best games against Kawhi because he struggles with faster & smaller guards.

« Reply #1066 on: May 28, 2019, 09:58:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Also despite the up and down season Tatum had a great rookie year with Irving this year he changed his shot selection and struggled. Brown said he struggled with the bench role to start, that's on Brown. Horford has his best C's years with Irving. Smart's best year is starting next to Irving. Morris' best role is outlet scorer from Irving passes. This team is better with Irving. He had a bad series and most of the year guys had their own struggles. Like Smart said to put it all on Irving is ..

Agreed. I keep hearing Kyrie holds his teammates back but Smart had the best season of his career in the starting lineup with him. Morris had by far the most efficient season of his career in the starting lineup with Kyrie. The difference is that those guys understood and were willing to play the roles the team needed them to play.

disagree

thats those guys upper ceiling

Tatum and Brown look like, stand in the corner and wait guys?

That is talent down the drain, if you want to utilize these players this way
Then get a different coach, or make him change
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Rumor: Kobe Bryant recruiting Kyrie Irving to join Lakers
« Reply #1067 on: May 28, 2019, 10:06:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If Kyrie is that stupid let him go. I'm getting really tired of this Kyrie Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. You either want to be a Celtic or not. Stop being a princess.

« Reply #1068 on: May 28, 2019, 10:52:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Is this the Laker of the Week tampering? They seem to take turns.  Aside from the NY media tampering for the Knicks, the Lakers seem to be the only team sniffing around other team's players with surrogates.

« Reply #1069 on: May 28, 2019, 10:56:55 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I heard this guy talk about it in the radio

He said "its only between Brooklyn and Lakers now"

Does anybody actually believe that? Sounded like fabricated radio show fodder for views

I'm not doubting kobe has recruited kyrie but its not "just" between the Lakers and nets

That's probably Ric Bucher speaking on Colin Cowherd's show. I don't put much stock in either person's credibility to be honest.

Personally I've just tuned everything out. It's going to be nonstop speculation till he decides. He'll decide when he's good and ready, on his timetable. If he stays I will be very pleased, at least in that we keep him as a asset. If he leaves I'm ready for that too. Been watching this team since the mid-80s I've seen many guys come and go. The team always endures.

Cowherd's pretty sharp, but his show is LA-based, and his guests are LA-biased. Nobody ever says anything positive about the Celtics. 

« Reply #1070 on: May 28, 2019, 11:03:27 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
It was Bucher on the show. He was identified as "FS-1's Ric Bucher", I didn't know he was working for them. It explains why Cowherd has him on so much now

« Reply #1071 on: May 28, 2019, 11:28:36 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Idc what he does at this point, I’ve been mentally prepared for this.  I’m just crossing my fingers Danny can somehow pull off,

Holiday
Smart
Brown
Davis
Horford

Idc about anyone or anything else, that’s the lineup I’ve settled on and I want it!!!
Presumably this would mean Irving walks and you somehow get Holiday and Davis for Jayson Tatum, a ****ton of draftpicks and possibly Gordon Hayward?

unlikely.

If you want Holiday and Davis, you are definitely selling both Jays and probably Smart too as far as I can tell.

Rumor has it, this Danny Ainge guy is a great trader. I’m just ready to see what he’s going to do.

« Reply #1072 on: May 28, 2019, 11:41:44 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Kyrie could form a superteam in several places, his buddy LBJ is stuck. The question is, will Kyrie save Lebron's bacon, again, or will he try his hand a leading a team, again?

Context is everything. Look at the mess that is LA. Now what if Kyrie comes in and they go the distance? That would put him above LeBron is terms of LA stature because they never liked Lebron to begin with. Kobe is probably feeding him this kind of stuff.

MIL was a bad matchup for you guys. I think you ya'll could have handled Toronto. Kawhi could never figure out Kyrie how he did Giannis. Kyrie usually has some of his best games against Kawhi because he struggles with faster & smaller guards.

Toronto would have beat the Celtics handedly, no question. They were the superior team this year.

« Reply #1073 on: May 28, 2019, 11:42:11 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
its pretty funny. id like to see it just for the spectacle. 

all these kyrie rumors and not one of him staying.  its making me hopeful.

« Reply #1074 on: May 29, 2019, 01:05:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Glad to see we still have fans who hope we become mediocre again

« Reply #1075 on: May 29, 2019, 01:29:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yeah because Irving put us on the map right?

You are trying to piece together a puzzle (cavs days) that doesnt apply to this situation

« Reply #1076 on: May 29, 2019, 01:39:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

You are trying to piece together a puzzle (cavs days) that doesnt apply to this situation
You tell me what's better then! Irving or literally nothing. No compensation, just an empty roster spot which doesn't even lead to cap space.

The people who want Irving to walk for nothing time and again show that their asset management skills are frankly terrible. Everyone should want us to sign him even if it's so we can trade him later.

« Reply #1077 on: May 29, 2019, 01:47:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

You tell me what's better then! Irving or literally nothing. No compensation, just an empty roster spot which doesn't even lead to cap space.

The people who want Irving to walk for nothing time and again show that their asset management skills are frankly terrible. Everyone should want us to sign him even if it's so we can trade him later.

That is "snaky" ... and basketball gods will punish Danny, if that was his mindset

He is already being punished for what he did to IT4. Just eat that transaction(bad luck) and move on.

« Reply #1078 on: May 29, 2019, 01:52:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That is "snaky" ... and basketball gods will punish Danny, if that was his mindset

He is already being punished for what he did to IT4. Just eat that transaction(bad luck) and move on.
Rofl. If that's what you think then I have absolutely nothing more to say to you

« Reply #1079 on: May 29, 2019, 01:59:31 AM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62

The cases are totally different. People were upset about the IT trade because he got hurt and couldn't get paid what he was expecting.
If we sign Kyrie (which is the right decision to make even if you don't want him here long term) and trade him by the deadline, people will not say the same thing they said about IT, because Kyrie would still receive his max dollars
Brazilian Celtic Fan!