Author Topic: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car crash (& Subsequent Events)  (Read 21962 times)

Re: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car crash
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 01:45:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
He probably had cut lips from getting a mouthful of steering wheel.  Have you been in a car accident?  You don't have to be going fast to sustain injuries - even if you're only going 15, the sudden deceleration from 15 to 0 is enough to jerk your head with a considerable amount of force.  I agree that the whole 'breaking out the rear windows' thing doesn't make much sense, though.

In the end, he should just be left alone.  I'll side with him on one thing - this is a private matter, and the media shouldn't have any further involvement.  Had it been me in his position, I doubt it would even have been in the local papers, much less plastered over every news broadcast in the country.  This is essentially rumormongering gossip at this point.  It'll remain a gigantic story for a week or two, but in the end it doesn't matter at all beyond the simple, fact-based conclusion that he's OK.

Yes, I have been in a front-impact accident of similar kind, and my face never came close to the steering wheel. There is way more to this story than meets the eye, and it can't be just "let go" ... the circumstantial evidence points to an assault of some kind, and if so, that's a crime ... and she is a dangerous woman. I'm not saying that's what happened, but there is enough that doesn't make sense and enough that suggests violence to investigate this further. To say that he should be left alone because he's Tiger and a nice guy is simply wrong ... none of us would be given that same consideration, and he shouldn't either, just because he's famous. "Battered wife" syndrome is a huge crime in this country, but there are many cases of battered husbands, too. What should we do ... just let this go and wait until the next time, when he ends up dead? There's much more going on here than what they're saying, and the answers need to be found ... for many reasons. 
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 02:00:42 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1687
He probably had cut lips from getting a mouthful of steering wheel.  Have you been in a car accident?  You don't have to be going fast to sustain injuries - even if you're only going 15, the sudden deceleration from 15 to 0 is enough to jerk your head with a considerable amount of force.  I agree that the whole 'breaking out the rear windows' thing doesn't make much sense, though.

In the end, he should just be left alone.  I'll side with him on one thing - this is a private matter, and the media shouldn't have any further involvement.  Had it been me in his position, I doubt it would even have been in the local papers, much less plastered over every news broadcast in the country.  This is essentially rumormongering gossip at this point.  It'll remain a gigantic story for a week or two, but in the end it doesn't matter at all beyond the simple, fact-based conclusion that he's OK.

Yes, I have been in a front-impact accident of similar kind, and my face never came close to the steering wheel. There is way more to this story than meets the eye, and it can't be just "let go" ... the circumstantial evidence points to an assault of some kind, and if so, that's a crime ... and she is a dangerous woman. I'm not saying that's what happened, but there is enough that doesn't make sense and enough that suggests violence to investigate this further. To say that he should be left alone because he's Tiger and a nice guy is simply wrong ... none of us would be given that same consideration, and he shouldn't either, just because he's famous. "Battered wife" syndrome is a huge crime in this country, but there are many cases of battered husbands, too. What should we do ... just let this go and wait until the next time, when he ends up dead? There's much more going on here than what they're saying, and the answers need to be found ... for many reasons. 

You misunderstand me.  I'm not saying that the police should leave him alone - they should carry on with their work no matter who he is, and if this is indeed a case of domestic violence then it should be handled as if it were anybody else.  I'm saying that this doesn't belong in the media at this point.  We, as the public, shouldn't do anything.  It's none of our business.  As I said, the media is just facilitating speculation and rumormongering right now, and it's irresponsible - bordering on slander, even.  The police should definitely do their thing.  The media should be left out of the loop until they have more facts to share.

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 02:06:20 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

You misunderstand me.  I'm not saying that the police should leave him alone - they should carry on with their work no matter who he is, and if this is indeed a case of domestic violence then it should be handled as if it were anybody else.  I'm saying that this doesn't belong in the media at this point.  We, as the public, shouldn't do anything.  It's none of our business.  As I said, I think the speculation and rumormongering being facilitated by the media is irresponsible - bordering on slander, even.  The police should definitely do their thing.  The media should be left out of the loop until they have more facts to share.

Sorry, Atzar ... I apologize, as I did misunderstand you ... and I agree, until there is more info forthcoming, the media should not insinuate. I think it's ok to talk amongst ourselves about what is known so far, but we shouldn't come to our own conclusions, either ... and give them the benefit of the doubt, which is what we would want for ourselves. There's got to be more to this than what they're admitting to, but that's up to the investigators ... it certainly points to more, as what they've given so far just doesn't add up, and that was the thrust of what I was saying. Sorry again for the misunderstanding. TP ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1687
Exactly, I agree.  TP back at you.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 07:53:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wow, from a car crash to... rumors of two affairs?
Anyone believe the stuff about the rumored affairs?  Why do the "lovers" come out with their stuff now?  If they had all these damaging emails before, why not come out with them then?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 07:55:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Anyone believe the stuff about the rumored affairs?  Why do the "lovers" come out with their stuff now?  If they had all these damaging emails before, why not come out with them then?

Because the tabloids are paying now, since everyone is listening. 

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 08:23:07 PM »

Offline Poseidon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • Ray Allen είναι ο άνθρωπος.
I want to know how the airbags didn't deploy.
"I could justify it all day long if I wanted to, but the truth is, I locked it because I wanted to."- Jeff

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 08:30:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The car wasn't going fast enough.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 675
  • MASTER OF PANIC
tiger is up the creek....US weekly releasing photos, text and a voicemail from tiger to some chick he was with for the last few years....what really happened? wife found out he was cheating...scratched the crap out of his face...took a golf club to his car as he was leaving causing him to crash...his face injuries are a result of a woman scorned...

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

they did.  :)

Because the tabloids are paying now, since everyone is listening. 
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Maybe the title of the thread should be "Tiger Woods kinda injured in possible domestic violence incident"?!?!?!?!

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 01:35:17 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Maybe the title of the thread should be "Tiger Woods kinda injured in possible domestic violence incident"?!?!?!?!

The "People Announce it is a shame Tiger Wood's Privacy is not Respected" thread.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I laughed pretty hard at the Police press conference.

Was it really necessary for a $106 traffic fine?

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 07:57:24 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

To appease the fans and media?  Some in the media were speculating about criminal charges. ::)  Some want Tiger's head on a platter because he won't tell all his personal business. lol
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Funny thing, during a newsbreak/commercial for a local television 5:00 news, the station stated:

"...Florida Highway Patrol announced in a press conference that they will be charging Golf star, Tiger Woods, with reckless driving but will not charge him with any criminal charges. He will, however, be fined $164 for his actions.

This just in!!!! Tiger Woods can afford the fine!!"