Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111444 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2014, 01:07:35 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Does Danny owe it to his old freind Big Kevin for the deal of Garnett back in 2007? If so I think it has to be a 3 team deal.

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2014, 01:09:48 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
No words to describe why this would happen. Rondo is the engine that stirs the drink; The team looks discombulated without him there. Danny please don't.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2014, 01:13:14 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bottom line:  Rondo is gone.  Start finding ways to cope.

It makes some sense to trade him if you're getting back picks and prospects.  But if Ainge is at the point where he's seriously considering trading Rondo for a late 1st and a player older than Rondo, that's a pretty telling sign that the team knows they can't resign him.

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2014, 01:17:33 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but the possible trade could be Rondo and Green for Parsons.

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2014, 01:18:47 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I just know it's going to suck this year no matter what haul we get for him. Last year I continuously struggled between wanting my C's to win every game they can while also hoping they get a high draft pick. I've enjoyed purely rooting for wins this year, but that will all change again if Rondo and Green are traded.  :(

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2014, 01:20:33 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I'd like to believe we can get a little bit more for Rondo. Not much, though.

An unprotected 2016 #1 and a swap in 2018 would be great.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd like to believe we can get a little bit more for Rondo. Not much, though.

An unprotected 2016 #1 and a swap in 2018 would be great.
If the hope is to land picks in the post-Dirk world we should be shooting for a pick in the 2018 draft.  He might still be around then, though.

« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2014, 01:22:10 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Seriously, though...  Dallas' late 1st round pick and some filler contracts is even less than I thought Boston could get for ROndo.  I knew the dude's trade value was minimal, but that's atrocious.  A worthless pick and some worthless filler?  I'd rather just combine Rondo with Gerald Wallace and take back a fat expiring like Amare.  Much better deal

Danny isn't doing the deal for one first. The deal would have been done already if that was the case. If Danny legitimately likes Dallas as a partner, he'll make a second 1st the dealbreaker.

As much as people here don't like to acknowledge it, agents are basically power brokers in today's NBA. Rondo is going to end up with a team that he wants to be with - and I have to think Dallas would be the front runner.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:09 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

It makes some sense to trade him if you're getting back picks and prospects.  But if Ainge is at the point where he's seriously considering trading Rondo for a late 1st and a player older than Rondo, that's a pretty telling sign that the team knows they can't resign him.

It's not done until he gets traded.

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:58 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wright has a 35.5  inch vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

he's anythony Davis like Stiemsma is Bill Russell ::)

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??

Yep. ;D  Send him to Indiana, where the fans and especially his gm will actually treat him with respect and appreciate his unique abilities.  Give him to Larry.  I no longer care what and/or who we get in return for our captain.  I'll miss you, Rondo. :'(  Thank you. :'(  I think I need a hug now, too. :'(  Sigh.

I never understood why that film was funny.  Sure, there are a couple of lines here and there (I think, anyway) that are mildly amusing, but I just never found it to be funny.  Yeah, I know - I'm weird, lol. ;D

Oh man you're asking for something serious right now, lol.

Why?

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2014, 01:25:19 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Seriously, though...  Dallas' late 1st round pick and some filler contracts is even less than I thought Boston could get for ROndo.  I knew the dude's trade value was minimal, but that's atrocious.  A worthless pick and some worthless filler?  I'd rather just combine Rondo with Gerald Wallace and take back a fat expiring like Amare.  Much better deal

Danny isn't doing the deal for one first. The deal would have been done already if that was the case. If Danny legitimately likes Dallas as a partner, he'll make a second 1st the dealbreaker.

As much as people here don't like to acknowledge it, agents are basically power brokers in today's NBA. Rondo is going to end up with a team that he wants to be with - and I have to think Dallas would be the front runner.

That's a good point. Perhaps Rondo has indicated he would sign with Dallas and that's why Danny has considered their offer.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Who didn't already know that, lol? ;D

« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2014, 01:28:38 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I don't think it is leverage. I think it reflects Rondo's actual trade value. His season has been inconsistent, he is near the end of his contract, and he has indicated an interest in exploring free agency after the season.

IMO it's leverage. Celtics Front Office probably leaked information about talks with Dallas to gauge more interest from other teams like HOU, NY Knicks, SAC, LA. These teams know Rondo is a UFA and can sign anywhere he wants so they're using this as leverage to low ball Ainge in trade talks. Ainge wants these teams to outbid Dallas.

Players like Terrence Jones & Clint Capela from HOU, Hardaway Jr from NY, McLemore & Stauskas from SAC, Randle from LA could all be combined with 1st round picks (each of these teams 1st rd picks should be more valuable than Dallas's) and fillers to complete a trade. Ainge is using the media as leverage to get teams to up the ante in trade talks.

For example HOU calls about Rondo again. Danny can say he wants Jones, Capela, Terry, the Pelicans 2015 1st that Houston owns, and another future pick. Either HOU will give up the picks necessary or watch Rondo play for and possibly resign with Dallas (their rival)

Sacramento is another team who is probably hesitant to give up picks for Rondo (their 2015 1st rd pick is looking valuable at the moment). Sac just fired their head coach and are talking about being a winning organization. If they want Rondo, maybe these trade talks with Dallas get them to part with more assets. Also maybe Sac believes giving Rondo the choice of what coach he wants could entice him to resign and play with Cousins & Gay.

Just have a hard time believing Ainge is a big enough idiot to trade Rondo for Wright, a late 1st rounder, and fillers!!!

Don't know if I buy the whole idea of Dallas's team falling apart once Dirk leaves. Although it could happen, I feel as though Dallas will just sign a free agent or two to stay relevant and make the playoffs. A core of Rondo, Ellis, Parsons would be sure to lure a big or two to Dallas. Chandler would be 35 and could either still be capable of starting, or be the backup Center. Not to mention Dallas could make a few trades for PF's/C's or draft some with w/e picks they get to keep.

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Phew, I was starting to get worried Rondo was gone.  :)

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can see Green to Dallas but not Rondo. Green for Wright, 1st and filler seems right price.

Dallas will then start
Ellis, Parsons,  Green,  Dirk, Chandler.