Author Topic: Louie (TV Show)  (Read 2713 times)

Louie (TV Show)
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:36:01 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Alright, so this show has been around for a few weeks now and its already launched itself into being my favorite comedy on tv. Partly for me because Louis C.K. is my favorite stand-up comedian goin right now. Also because it has a different pace than any show on television show on tv right now.

Also! Just six episodes in FX has already renewed louie for a second season. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, check out a few of the vids below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRNCk3YwqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3yrKQGAWQ

He has a few more on his youtube page, but they have a bit more mature content and I don't want to break any rules here. enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:54:10 AM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Louie (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I love this show, never miss it. It makes me sad and depressed, but in a funny way.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I love this show, never miss it. It makes me sad and depressed, but in a funny way.
Exactly, i was sort of worried it would be a show that would be loved by a few, but not seen by many. So im trying to spread the word a bit.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
I, too, was worried that it may not last due to how quickly his last show, "Lucky Louie," was cancelled from HBO. I definitely like how different it is, but I also pretty much like everything on the FX network.

"Did you call me the 'C' word?"
"No, I called you a c***."

I literally cried when he said that on the show a couple weeks back.
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
I am a huge Louie CK fan, his standup is pitch perfect, so I was excited when news of this show began to spread.  Now having seen a few episodes, my feelings are mixed.

The segments of his standup are a huge high-point of the show, he's hilarious and gets me every time.  Thank God for this device of intercutting the show with his standup throughout (similar to the loudspeaker providing announcements that string together the segments in M*A*S*H), because it keeps you going through long contrived scenes of lame, forced attempts at humor that seem to drag, and don't seem very inspired.  These parts of the show, for me, seem uncomfortable and miss often.

For this show to emerge as a true favorite of mine, some of the supporting characters will need to emerge and shoulder a larger load IMO.  As is, the formula is too reliant on Louie alone, and that ain't enough.  In the end, the show seems like the latest attempt to recapture the lightening-in-a-bottle magic and irreverence of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia," with mixed results.  Well worth watching, but inconstant and with a formula that doesn't seem sustainable long term.

3 out of 5 Tommys...