Author Topic: Chuck (TV Show)  (Read 28445 times)

Chuck (TV Show)
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Does anybody else like this show?  I started watching the premier season last year and loved it.  Not the greatest thing, at time a little corny, but I really enjoy it.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Chuck (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
See Ticket, this is why we boys. In my own humble opinion, it's the best show on television. It is a rare television show that can be smart, sweet and funny. Add in the fact that it's well acted and you've got a winner.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
See Ticket, this is why we boys. In my own humble opinion, it's the best show on television. It is a rare television show that can be smart, sweet and funny. Add in the fact that it's well acted and you've got a winner.

That's what I'm talking about!  TP.

(And I just can't get enough of Sarah)

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:50:47 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

That's what I'm talking about!  TP.

(And I just can't get enough of Sarah)

I mean what guy can. TP right back. Also, Big Mike dating Morgan's mom. HILLARIOUS!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
Love, Love , Love this show. I missed it the week of the superbowl though cuz I couldn't find those 3-D glasses. Did it matter that I don't have those glasses or should I still try to find a pair? That episode is still sitting on my DVR.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Love, Love , Love this show. I missed it the week of the superbowl though cuz I couldn't find those 3-D glasses. Did it matter that I don't have those glasses or should I still try to find a pair? That episode is still sitting on my DVR.

There is a 2D version on NBC rewind. Also, TP for the Chuck love.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 02:24:48 PM by KCattheStripe »

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I was sick in bed last November, and watched an episode.  Thought it was pretty good - it was 2nd episode with Jordana Brewster. 

Since then my wife  has gone completely crazy for the show.  We watched every episode of the first two seasons in teh last 3 weeks. 

I get a kick out of all the obscure 80s references that they make.  It's curious to me because the cast may not be getting them because most of them are 20 somethings (plus the leading lady is an Aussie - and the references are 80s pop culture), but me, in my 30s I get the odd in-jokes.  An example is from the 1st season when a characther was named Vaughn Hayes.

Plus I live in LA, and know Burbank real well.

I think it's time for Chuck and Sara to break up their cover relationship, and then have them date for real, but then they have to hide the fact they are dating from everyone.  Seems like the natural narrative progression.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 03:45:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Love chuck, but I mean come on with teh Sarah story line. Give chuck a superhot girl friend, thats not sarah. I know they did it before, but this whole circle is annoying.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Love chuck, but I mean come on with teh Sarah story line. Give chuck a superhot girl friend, thats not sarah. I know they did it before, but this whole circle is annoying.

That's coming, Tricia Helfer (6 from BSG) is coming in later this season as Chuck's new Handler.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4
I was amazed last night at how much hotter Sarah was then Jenny McCarthy.  I've always been a big Jenny fan, but Sarah really brought the old out in Jenny.

Also, does anyone watch Leverage on TNT?  I randomly decided to watch it a couple weeks ago and I am quickly becoming a big fan. 

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.

Chuck and Sarah are the new Jim and Pam.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Man Jim and Pam always bugged the crap outta me too.

You know what, Jim bugs the crap outta me. Always giving the camera that smug look, like he's Jimmy Fallon or something. Jim should just stick to Dwight. The Jim/Dwight relationship saves Jim for me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
whats the show about?  i never even heard of it b4 ???

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.

Man Jim and Pam always bugged the crap outta me too.

You know what, Jim bugs the crap outta me. Always giving the camera that smug look, like he's Jimmy Fallon or something. Jim should just stick to Dwight. The Jim/Dwight relationship saves Jim for me.

The scene from 'Conflict Resolution' when Michael is reading through Dwight's complaints about Jim in the conference room with them is easily one of the top 5 scenes of the Office ever.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I watched this show online yesterday after reading these threads and was actually entertained by it... If you take it for what it's worth it's kind of a fun show... It reminds me of an updated "Get Smart." Sarah is SMOKING hot too.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."